- Other Physical Issues
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Stephen Frost, from the United Kingdom, has had substantial success with tinnitus and gives us his theory, procedures and some actual case histories below. At first, he first noticed that tinnitus diminished as PTSD was resolved. Later, he later saw that tinnitus appeared to occur because of repeated and traumatic-like noises. He used EFT on those past "noise events" (my term) with great results. He says, "Of the 18 clients I have worked on specifically with tinnitus, 14 reported a reduction down to a very bearable (1 - 2ish) one client reported "No difference" and three clients I have lost contact with."
Note that Steve uses the term "Lorry" within his article. For those outside the UK, Lorry means truck.
As a hypnotherapist since 1991, treating PTSD intermittently, with varying degrees of success, I came upon and have been using EFT, since about 2001. What an awesome tool it is in the armoury of the therapist.
In both hypnotherapy and EFT, I have noted with some regularity working with PTSD clients, as the PTSD diminishes, so the tinnitus seems to become more bearable, in some cases it's the first I have been told that they have the condition.
My conjecture could be that it is a residual traumatic (to the ears) memory of loud noise, e.g. music, (rock concerts are common) car engines, (motor or drag racing) pneumatic drills, (which we still hear today) or even warfare and conflict. PTSD seems to affect the body globally i.e. auditory sensations, physical sensations, visual sensations, and even olfactory sensations, in extreme cases physically living the event in the present.
What I am concerned with is 'auditory sensations' not the actual noise but the effects on the memory. If you stand next to a drummer when he hits the cymbal your ears will ring. For how long, I don't know? The physical memory may fade, but the subconscious memory lasts forever. We might say sustained exposure or shock to the ears could bring that subconscious memory into play resulting in what we know as tinnitus. Also it may not even be a physical sound but a perceived sound, i.e. when receiving shocking news people will say it's like being hit around the head with a lump of 2 x 4 wood, a numbness goes through their body, which could possibly be blood pressure rising due to shock thus affecting the ears.
Case history 1.
One man stands out in my mind (name withheld) he was about 60 yrs old he had never been in a conflict zone, but was a lorry (truck) driver for years transporting livestock.
So after the prelims, (explanation and demonstration) with a 0-10 intensity of 7ish, we tapped for 'even though I have this whooshing in my ears' (his words), got to a 5ish.
Then it became tightness across the head, down to a 4, again 'even though I have this tightness'; back up to a 7 (aspects coming into play).
At this point he was thinking about the engine noise, so we tapped for 'even though I have that dammed engine noise drumming in my ears' (his words), down it came again, about 5ish.
Then came the thing I never thought of, he mentioned matter-of-factly being involved in a big lorry rally and all the lorries blowing their air horns in unison, so another round on 'even though those air horns made such a bloody racket' (his words), and down it came again about 2ish. More rounds different aspects one in particular a cow he was transporting kicked out while inside the lorry and kicked the side just as he was walking past. Well you can imagine the ringing in the ears that gave him, so we tapped on 'even though I was deafened the day that cow kicked the side of the lorry' (his words), and he was down to a 0-1ish.
I left then (home visit about 1= hrs) for my next appointment, after getting him to promise to tap on more aspects as and when they came to mind, also to let me know how he was doing in a week or two. He did phone about a week later to say he is only just aware of it in the dead of night.
In all we found about 15-20 different aspects to this mans tinnitus all to do with noise some loud, some sharp, etc, but to him and his ears all traumatic. Some of them seemed so insignificant as to be meaningless to me, but highly significant to my client, so we tapped for these issues using his words.
So please listen to your client. Don't write off tinnitus suffers, as un-helpable. Handled correctly, life can be made as bearable for them, as it should be for you.
The way I work with clients', is to give a them set-up statement, then let them word it their own way, (they know the significance of the words and feel comfortable with them) while I tap surrogately using intuition, and get them to follow my tapping points tapping on themselves.
That is the gist of how I work with tinnitus sufferers, and getting to the residual traumatic (to the ears) memory of loud noise.
Note: This man had little or no faith in 'EFT' (maybe he still doesn't, I don't know, does it matter?) but was desperate to try anything. He was bought up on a farm in Cornwall. U.K. and is very down to earth with an even more earthy approach to life.
Case history 2: Dave McLamont. (Name given at the insistence of client. Dave will tell you himself, he wants this form of healing (EFT) out there, to help others who are suffering.)
Dave, a healer friend of mine mentioned he had residual PTSD and tinnitus (in therapy for 15 or so years after the 'Falklands' conflict). There and then (we were in a stable at the time) I explained the concept behind EFT, and showed him the tapping sequence, within 5 minutes his 0-10 intensity for tinnitus had dropped from 6-7 to 1-2, as he walked away I could hear him muttering, "Marvellous that's bloody marvellous." Residual PTSD had abated latter when he went to bed and realised he had slept properly with no interruptions. Since then he keeps sending me his friends (mostly Falkland veterans) or anyone who will listen to him. (About 10 so far).
Dave has since phoned me to report; one night when he was under canvas during a rainstorm, with the sound of rain on canvas he became aware of a slight tinnitus returning. He reported the next morning it had abated during the night. (He travels around the country on his pony he's an animal healer). Another time he will be aware of the tinnitus, if he wakes suddenly or is startled. It could be a sudden rise in blood pressure causing this to happen, but only seem to lasts for a few minutes.
At present we are talking through the possibility of some residual memory of being under canvas with loud noise, whether a marquee for a disco or such like, or while in the armed forces. The reason we are talking this through is because he is as intrigued, as I am to understand more about tinnitus, thereby getting to grips with it better, and offering a better service to sufferers in the future.
Note: Of the 18 clients I have worked on specifically with tinnitus, 14 reported a reduction down to a very bearable (1 - 2ish) one client reported "No difference" and three clients I have lost contact with.
This research is on going, unfortunately with the mindset given to tinnitus suffers by the medics i.e. incurable, un-helpable, lost cause or 'you will just have to live with it', gives suffers little or no hope and they seem to fight shy of any assistance that may be out there.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.