- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Mair Llewellyn of the UK provides many insights into using EFT for ringing in the ears (tinnitus). She says, "In separate sections below I highlight some underlying factors which may be relevant as well as discuss very general set up phrases which may be used."
This article looks at a number of possible approaches to helping ourselves and our clients with the problem of tinnitus. A consistently calm and reassuring presence is a major factor to reducing the sound and allowing it to fade in importance. Frequently clients expect to work directly with this very frustrating and upsetting problem and, in the case of tinnitus this is often not the best route. Very early on in the first session I want to know what was happening before the client became aware of these sounds. After talking about this and doing some preliminary tapping whenever emotional charge comes to the surface - we can go into more depth.
In our first session together we are reflecting on what these tinnitus sounds could be a barometer for. In separate sections below I highlight some underlying factors which may be relevant as well as discuss very general set up phrases which may be used. Always bearing in mind your words or the words of the client are the key to helping yourself and your client.
Discovering and clearing auditory trauma
An auditory trauma may have happened to your client at an early age or just before the onset of tinnitus.
Auditory traumas can consist of a sound linked to an emotional experience. Other auditory traumas can be exposure to an intense sound or the memory of one.
Understandably, clients with tinnitus frequently endeavour to avoid sounds in an attempt to protect themselves. In almost all cases this is unhelpful and is often related to the fear of aggravating their tinnitus. Using EFT on this natural fear is most helpful.
Fear adds to stress and this cycle of emotional charge exacerbates the problem. These natural fears can be effectively reduced during the tapping procedure. Doing this brings the client into a state of balance in mind, body and spirit. I have added below possible general random set up statements which may be used in various cases. However the best set up and reminder phrases come from the client.
Even though I’ll never forget the dreadful sounds of my accident, it lasted forever and now I’m really angry that I’m left with this noise… – thank you unconscious for the intention to protect me from danger.
Even though I can still see Dad’s hurt face and its over 40 years ago now. I was so scared, he hit mum and shouted at me no wonder I wanted to shut those sounds and images out, no wonder my managers recent intimidation triggered me in this way – I’ve done really well coping with these fears all of this time.
Even though I knew I should have worn my ear defenders and now it’s too late to change that. What if I forgave myself and thanked my ears for doing the very best they could. That could be the difference which makes the difference somehow.
Even though I feel rigid with fear about going anywhere or getting on with my life, whatever I do seems to make the sounds in my head worse I completely accept this understandable fear and love myself with all of my emotions and what they mean to me.
Acknowledging anger and guilt
Acknowledging anger and feelings of guilt are often hard. Clients are understandably upset by the sounds that seem to be taking over their life. They blame circumstances, other people and themselves for being in this state. These feelings need to be acknowledged and the emotional charge channelled into more positive ways. Without this process the intense energy will feed into the emotional loop of frustration, anger and increasing intensity from their tinnitus.
Here are a few general examples of set up statements which have been helpful in acknowledging clients emotions
I respect, and accept my anger at my dad, I have never ever been able to acknowledge these hurt little boy feelings. It’s not surprising that I’ve hidden my emotions inside, maybe, just maybe now is the right time to be completely free, little me and me now deserves and prefers peace to this.
Even though my life would be bliss right now if it wasn’t for this f…ing tinnitus I completely accept these intense emotions and how they relate to me.
My manager has walked all over me and has got off Scott-free and now I’m left with these hissing sounds I honour these messages from my ears and I’m open to the possibility of discovering more healthy coping strategies instead right here and now.
Acknowledging the grief and loss
Loss and grief for a loved one may well be a major aspect to the manifestation of tinnitus. However grief takes many forms and I have noticed many times whilst I have been working with clients that they are grieving for a loss of something that they valued in their lives that is no longer there. Asking clients what was going on before the time they first noticed tinnitus gives a lead into where successful tapping can be achieved. It could be loss of face at not being promoted or loss of friendship when someone didn’t understand. Many areas of our lives may be at stake such as loss of status at having to sell a house. Loss of fitness since breaking their leg. Very varied feeling of grief and loss are often evident.
Losing peace and the enjoyment of silence is an extremely intense loss for many clients. Clients frequently say “acceptance of the intrusion of tinnitus is an impossibility”. Recognising and tapping on those major changes to their peace of mind and any other emotions is essential to a calmer approach and can dramatically aid recovery of more peace in their lives.
I will give some set up statement examples of the grief that I have worked with which illustrates how EFT helped clients with their grief and loss. The headings that I have used are for very general guidance. Set up statements and reminder phrases that clients choose are far more powerful for them. They will tune into their thoughts, images and feelings. For this reason they are much more effective than any examples I could give.
Loss of a loved one.
Even though we never said goodbye and I miss you so, and now all I have is the frustrating sounds of this tinnitus, I deeply and completely love and accept myself and you anyway.
Even though I’m really angry that you died and left me in this awful mess, no wonder I feel like this – Darling I really love you and nothing can ever fill your empty place.
I acknowledge and completely accept my feelings of grief even though I wished for you to be free from your pain.
Loss of friendship.
Even before I lost my peace of mind I lost you my dearest friend through poor communication I accept myself and my part in this and I’m open to the possibility of forgiving myself and you my friend we were doing the very best we could.
Even though I’m so hurt that Dave didn’t believe me and this lack of trust destroyed an otherwise beautiful relationship, I want to accept him and me somehow and move on.
Loss of a physical faculty
Even though I treasured my eyesight and it’s totally gone now I really want to be patient with myself and my understandable loss.
Even though my accident resulted in my loosing my leg and I’m still angry at the driver, I deeply and completely accept these emotions and all that they mean to me.
Even though I grieve each day for my lack of peace of mind, I completely accept myself and my grief – no wonder I’m battling with this frustrating intrusion.
In a future article we will look at the tremendous benefits of listening to messages from our body. Examples of ways to reassure and re-train the unconscious mind to feel safer and more able again. Creative ways of enjoying peace of mind and magical way to celebrate our life.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.