- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
Useful thoughts on tinnitus
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Mair Llewellyn from the UK provides helpful thoughts and guidelines regarding tinnitus. She says, "These are approaches that have helped clients to get on with their lives. Clients often say I don’t even notice the sounds anymore or tinnitus is just not on my radar or it seems as if it is totally gone most of the time now. In some cases it does go completely."
This is a follow up from my article entitled Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus This article builds on ways to listen and respect messages from within as well as to switch off and neutralise some fearful or habitual alarm systems in our body. Positive ways forward from this stance have been explored in this article. These are approaches that have helped clients to get on with their lives. Clients often say I don’t even notice the sounds anymore or tinnitus is just not on my radar or it seems as if it is totally gone most of the time now. In some cases it does go completely.
Listening to messages from our body
Many clients with insight realise that the onset of tinnitus followed a considerable amount of stress. In many circumstances they acknowledge that they had pushed themselves past a reasonable tolerance level. In view of this, it is essential for each and every one of us to be taking responsibility for our health and wellbeing. Self awareness of what is a valid message is an important ongoing process. If this is something you know happened it is important to do some EFT tapping on the whole process of this and forgiveness of self and others at the same time.
Installing positive beliefs about health
In many cases tinnitus can follow on from a physical problem such as an ear infection or sinusitis. After the physical problem cleared up a client notices that they are left with tinnitus. Physical hearing tests and other tests such as an MRI scan frequently come back clear yet the client still has tinnitus. In circumstances such as this it would appear that the brain or perception gets into a loop and the unconscious mind goes looking for the sounds. Using EFT to clear that loop is an important way forward. Finding out clients’ conscious logical beliefs about their tinnitus requires EFT help too.
Here are a few examples of set up phrases that clients have found helpful. They were in the words of the client and not my interpretation of their perception:-
Even though I’ve had the physical checks, I still believe the consultant is missing something – I deeply and completely respect my head and ear noise because it feels distress.
More in depth work was done here on the negative belief. We found that bringing that negative belief down helped tremendously. It followed on with a positive change in the belief the client had after the tapping which was – “My inner unconscious has recovered so, I consciously don’t need to be involved”
Even though I hate this tinnitus and I’m fighting to get rid of it, what if there’s a better more loving approach? – I’m open to learning what that is.
I respect my unconscious for this sound focus – no wonder, its so damn insistent, I want to be free of this loop of fear - what if doing my tapping can switch off this irrelevant alarm system somehow.
Even though the consultant said I needed to learn to live with tinnitus and the thought of doing that for the rest of my life seem intolerable, I respect my understandable impatience, I am doing the best I can. Being more tolerant of myself could be the difference which makes the difference.
Retraining the brain to notice other stimuli
The focus of our attention is key to our success. It is not reasonable to suggest to a tinnitus client to ignore the sound. Yet, we know where thought goes, energy flows. We have also been taught that what we resist persists – maybe just maybe that is the philosophy behind the consultant’s message of learning to live with tinnitus. However, we have this amazing brain and no one has told us how to use it. I am passionate about providing stepping stones and strategies to help client to utilize more and more of their untapped potential.
At the beginning of the previous paragraph I mentioned that focus is key and where thought goes energy flows. In effect we need our energy to be directed towards pleasure in our lives rather than the pain/frustration of the tinnitus. That is easier during the day when there is more going on therefore evening and night times are often difficult times. Under a number of headings below I have given some possible ways to focus. Practising gentleness and love without any conditions during this process is fundamental to its success. The sections below provide opportunities to channel the programming of our brain.
Many clients notice that natural sounds or indeed any sound is a useful foil for them especially during the day. When they are less busy in the evening or wishing to drift into peaceful sleep at night it is a very different matter. Despite this, clients have become extremely adept at noticing what they can focus on. One client discovered she could love and welcome the sound of her husband previously irritating snoring! Innovative clients learn to make improvements in their own breathing routine thereby providing enhanced breathing and a positive focus on the sound of their calming breath too. Still others say they go to a remembered waterfall or enjoy a favourite sound in their imagination. These unlimited possibilities can bring an avenue to explore especially when it is done with self love and tolerance.
Our inner conversation points us in a chosen direction whether it is consciously or unconsciously considered or not. Bruce Lipton says “Our perception informs our biology” and, as we are wanting something difference from what is currently happening this is a very worthwhile inroad to transformation especially when it is used in conjunction with EFT. Think of how you are thinking and feeling and ask yourself if that is what you are wanting. If it is not then ask yourself what you would rather think and feel instead. For instance if you feel that you cannot look forward to the future at present with tinnitus ranting in the background what would be preferable? For example thinking outside the box with the Set Up Statement “In the evening when I’m relaxing I’m so grateful at how peaceful my world is”. Reminder phrase: “My peaceful world”. Tapping whilst saying affirmations like this will clear out the tail-enders and yes buts far more effectively than repetition alone would ever do.
We have only so much attention for the tinnitus so directing our attention respectfully elsewhere achieves a shift within the mind and body in any given direction. Many of us have driven on a familiar route and have not noticed a landmark or walked passed someone without intending to be rude. Using this natural habit can successfully help in retraining our brain and will pays dividends in our lives. Another way of thinking of this is some people feel their cup is half empty and other people feel it is half full. The cup is the same, the difference is in our point of view on anything. Fortunately for all of us we have images of places, people and experiences which are their in the archives of our mind to connect to again. Write down five to seven recollections, in no particular order which are humorous, happy or touching.
For a few days in your imagination visit one of these people, places and experiences and really make a meaningful connection. Use EFT to help to clear out self doubts about being able to do this. Then link each recollection with a colour, sound, image or feeling so that as you practise revisiting this it will be there literally at your finger tips. Many clients I know even use seven memories and link them to the days of the week so that they can access them by thinking it’s my Monday theme this evening. This means that each subject has the same amount of associative work done on each pleasant memory.
After a day or two move onto the second item in your list and do the same with that and place that alongside a colour, sound, image or feeling which is specific to that experience too. Before very long you will have images which can help you and they may frequently bring with them sounds and feelings as well. All of these methods which have a meditative quality can be extremely helpful especially in the evening and at night. Clients tell me that it helps them to be much more in control of what is happen to them in a calmer and more peaceful way.
Enjoying the pleasant sensory stimuli of taste, touch and smell can transport us to another level of well being. Remembered sensory stimuli can also evoke similar benefits. Visiting places, events and memories in the same way as recommended for visual stimuli can and does have wonderful effects.
In the evening or at night time or in any ‘here-and-now’ time be very present with your bodies sensations really notice where you feel comfort, warmth and well being as you heighten your awareness in a positive way it directs the mind to more of the same. Doing EFT tapping on any distractions or frustration can profoundly paves the way to the possibility of this happening.
Creating peace of mind
Having the thought that you prefer peace to this becomes a great part to actually creating peace of mind. You will notice when you watch Gary Craig’s DVD’s that he uses this phrase during EFT treatments. You may want to do the same for how tinnitus affects you. Perhaps something like: “Even though my tinnitus ……………….I prefer peace to this”. In asking we receive abundantly more that we ever thought possible. May two thousand and nine bring an abundance of peace, love and joy into your life.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.