- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Some phobias disappear quickly with EFT while others take more persistence and require getting to SPECIFIC EVENTS. Listen in as David MacKay from Mexico takes us through one of the latter cases. Many insights here for the serious student.
During a workshop I worked with 36 year old 'Mariana', who suffers from fear of dogs since she was 6. I had asked the group if anyone had a trauma we could work with to demonstrate the Movie Technique that I had just explained to the participants. From her seat, Mariana started to tell of an event when her mother was attacked by two dogs. Mariana had tried to drive them away, hitting them with her shoe, but they wouldn't stop biting her mother. Tears started to roll and I invited her to come to the front.
The title Mariana chose for the movie was "Horror". Given the high intensity I had seen in her, I chose to start with the Tearless Trauma Technique.
Although she had managed to suppress her crying, Mariana estimated that if she were to think about this movie, her fear would go to a 10 on the 0 to 10 scale. We began tapping with the Setup, Even though I have this Horror movie… hoping to reduce the anticipated fear, but she felt it would still go to a 10.
So it seemed best to me that we take a step back and try sneaking up on the problem. I sought a similar but less intense event that we could clear first. I asked if she could recall some time recently when a dog scared her, and she remembered a dog barking at her in the street. Once we cleared the emotional charge from that event, we went back to the Horror movie. I started (intuitively?) to formulate a Setup with Even though I couldn't… and Mariana started to cry; we had hit a nerve, so I just led her through the tapping points over and over until the tears subsided.
We did a round with the following Setup, looking to reframe her feelings of impotence and desperation:
Even though I have this Horror movie, and I was very small, I did all I could, it wasn't enough, I really did all I could, I was very brave, I love and honor myself for the courage I had.
Even though I couldn't defend Mama, I was only 6, I love and honor myself for doing everything I could.
After this round she was still noticeably emotional. She estimated her fear would go to an 8 if she were to recall the event. So we tapped with the following Setup:
Even though I would be very scared if I remembered the details of this event, I really was very brave, I defended Mama the best I could for a 6 year old, with bravery, and I love and honor myself.
At this point she was able to start telling her story. Her mother was 8 months pregnant, the dogs belonged to Mariana's grandfather, and they were let loose by her uncles; half brothers of her mother. Emotion was evident in her eyes, and she said it was rage.
Even though my uncles, half brothers of Mama, maliciously loosed the dogs and I hate them for that, even so I love and accept myself.
Even though I feel hatred for my uncles, which doesn't really help me…
I asked what she felt now about her uncles and she felt pity; I asked about her emotions regarding the dogs and she said she wanted to poison them.
Even though I feel like poisoning Bandit and Star, and this feeling isn't helping me…
Even though I have this desire to poison the dogs for destroying Mama's back… and maybe they were only obeying my uncles or their instincts. (another reframe).
Mariana started crying and said she felt sadness, helplessness and fear, a mix of emotions, of which fear was the strongest.
Even though I feel fear again when I remember what happened when my uncles loosed the dogs…
Even though I feel fear again, the fear of a 6 year old girl when I remember how my uncles loosed the dogs, I honor myself for what I tried to do, I honor myself for facing the ferocious dogs.
The fear and sadness dissipated, leaving helplessness, "I wish I'd had a gun."
Even though I feel so helpless when I remember how the dogs attacked Mama when she was 8 months pregnant, I couldn't do anything more, I would have liked to do more…
Even though I feel so helpless when I remember what the dogs did and I couldn't prevent it…
The emotions had dropped almost to zero, so I asked her to recount the story from the beginning. “Mama, my little sister and I arrived home. Mama was pregnant and it was early February. We were living with my grandfather but he wasn't there. There was a brick partition with openings. Mama was tired and sat down and she asked my Uncle Felipe, Hey Felipe, is my father here? No, he's not here. Hold the dogs for me. Aw, f*ck off.” She again felt angry at her uncles.
Even though I feel angry at my Uncle Felipe for what he said to Mama, her being pregnant…
She reported that the anger had come way down and continued her story: Then Mama sat down to wait for my grandfather. I knew they didn't like her, because they're half brothers. Mama sat on the partition and my little sister and I started playing on the floor, and then my uncle opened the door and loosed the dogs on Mama. Then Mama screamed." Again an emotion appeared which Mariana identified as resentment.
Even though I feel resentment for the evilness of my uncles, and this resentment isn't helping me, and probably my uncles aren't even aware of my resentment(reframe)…
After this round of tapping the resentment had disappeared, but there was anger at a level of 4.
Even though I'm angry at my uncles and it's justified, they don't deserve that I let go of this anger, the trouble is they don't even know I'm angry, and I'm hurting myself, and even so I love and accept myself.
Even though I'm feeling angry at my uncles, I love and accept myself and I'm willing to consider letting go of the anger.
The anger came down and Mariana continued telling her movie. I remember that it was very cold and my mother was wearing a cape, one of those knitted ones that people used to wear, which was purple and pink, a sweater, two blouses and an undershirt. Mama started grimacing with pain, and she started to twist and turn, like this, ow, ow. I stood up and I saw how the dogs were sticking their snouts through the openings in the partition and were tearing her flesh as if they were eating raw steak. An emotion came up that she couldn't identify, so we tapped on:
Even though I have this ugly feeling when I remember how the dogs tore the flesh from my mother…
After tapping she said she felt as if someone were comforting her and saying, Easy, easy you're not there anymore. When I saw they were tearing my mother's flesh and the dogs were covered in blood, I climbed on top of the partition, I took off my black patent leather shoe and I started to hit them saying “Leave my mother alone, leave my mother alone!” But it seemed like that only made them madder. They stuck their snouts in even more, as if they wanted to tear out her spine. I saw that they paid me no attention, it didn't hurt them. At this point the feeling of helplessness returned and we tapped again with the Setup:
Even though I feel this helplessness, I hit the dogs with my black patent leather shoe and it seemed that they just became more pitiless, like they wanted to tear out my mother's spine…
She was then ready to continue her story. When I saw that I couldn't stop them, I got down and I took my mother's hand and pulled, but she told me, No daughter, don't pull me, leave me as I am, that hurts, don't pull me, leave them be. A painful emotion came up, for which we tapped with the Setup:
Even though I feel so much pain that I couldn't help Mama, she just said, leave me as I am, that hurts…
Even though I feel so much pain when I remember Mama's pain, and her face,…
The intensity came down and she continued the story. When the neighbors came out, because we ran to their houses screaming and knocked on their doors. They shouted at my uncles to put the dogs away. When the dogs let go, my mother fainted and they never called an ambulance or anything, because Mama didn't want them to. She didn't want them to put my grandfather in jail because he was the owner of the dogs. Mama couldn't lie down because her back hurt, and she couldn't lie on her stomach because she was pregnant. A week later my mother gave birth in the street, because nobody wanted to take her to the hospital. Mama suffered terribly and I still say that God should keep my grandfather in holy hellfire. I can't let go of this anger. We tapped on the anger at her grandfather using:
Even though I feel angry with my grandfather because he did nothing to protect or help my mother, his daughter…
Even though I feel angry with my grandfather, even if he's dead and gone, and I wish God's hellfire on him, even so I love myself and I forgive myself, it's justified, it's in the past and maybe this anger doesn't serve me.
Even though all this is in the past and I still feel angry, even so I love and accept myself, and I forgive myself for what I wish on my grandfather.
With this, she could imagine a dog without feeling fear, though she still felt a healthy respect for ferocious dogs. Mariana's whole bearing had changed: she laughed and smiled, was relaxed.
With a big sigh she said she felt relieved and tired, the excessive fear was gone. Something told me that there might be more work to do around her attitude towards men and she agreed that was true.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.