- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Margaret Condy is relatively new at EFT and shares with us some experiences that should be helpful to all. My comments are contained within her message.
I took Crystal Hawk's EFT workshop just three weekends ago, and it has changed my life. Within the first 15 minutes of the workshop, I could feel the excitement building in me, and it hasn't left me since!
I'm a Therapeutic Touch practitioner and, as Crystal says, EFT comes naturally to TT'ers. With TT, we witness and share in some magnificent and wonderful healing experiences. Even so, each time I use EFT with someone, I'm thrilled and excited with the results, as if I had never seen energy work before. For me, EFT and TT form a beautiful partnership.
GC COMMENT: I encourage everyone to blend EFT with your favorite procedures. Almost invariably, the two procedures form what Margaret calls a "beautiful partnerhip." I've had reports from all over the world of enhanced results by blending EFT with Hypnotherapy, Therapeutic Touch, EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Reiki, Talk Therapy, Focusing, NLP, Systematic Desensitization, Imaging and just about every other technique you can name. The advantage here is two fold....
1. You can continue to use your own comfortable procedures while integrating a newer one. This allows an easy transition.
2. You can wrap EFT within more conventional techniques so that the client isn't hit all at once with this strange appearing, belief busting procedure. It can make things easier for new clients.
MARGARET CONTINUES: I'd just like to tell you about my first outing with EFT. I have a friend whom I've only known for about two months. When you read on, I'm sure you'll agree that our coming together was a wonderful example of synchronicity.
I'll call my friend Sarah. When Sarah visited my house for the first time, where two cats reside (actually, we live in their home!), I discovered that she had a phobia about cats. If the cats were sleeping soundly, she could tolerate their presence, but as soon as they started stirring, she became very uncomfortable.
That was the weekend before Crystal's EFT workshop. The following Monday, I called Sarah up and suggested (trying not to sound too excited) that we try tapping for her fear. So she came over again and I took her into my "Healing Room," where there were no cats in sight. I questioned her about her phobia, and discovered that she was specifically afraid of cats jumping up on her lap and scratching her.
We established that the SUD was 8--which was her perception. Compared to other phobics, I would have put her at about a 5. But as she chose 8, that's what we went with. Then she tapped on her fear of cats scratching, and it dropped to a 4. We did a second round, and got it down to 1. Then she said, "but if I were to have to face a cat, it might be higher." So I suggested we do just that, and test it out.
GC COMMENT: This is a relatively common response from clients. The tapping actually brings them down to 0 or 1 but they still remember what it was like to be around their phobic object. They don't know if they will truly feel calm under the real circumstances until it is tested and so, quite naturally, they may still have some apprehension. Sometimes I find people that completely resolve an emotional issue down to zero but still report a 3 or 4 simply because they don't believe it will last or because it "shouldn't get any lower than that."
MARGARET CONTINUES: We went into the kitchen, where one of my cats, Katie, was sleeping on a chair. I began to stroke her, and she woke up and stretched, showing all her sharp little claws, then yawned so that those nasty fangs were beautifully exposed. Sarah, who was standing about two feet away, didn't move. I continued to stroke Katie, and after a moment Sarah took a step closer and started petting her. She continued for several minutes, and then began to say, "I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm doing this. I've never petted a cat in my whole life!" (I had to give her a brief lesson on how to stroke a cat, with Katie a willing participant!)
I know this is all familiar stuff for you, Gary, but for me it was a tremendously exciting moment--and for Sarah as well, of course.
Now here's where the synchronicity of Sarah entering my life comes into it in a big way. I found out while talking to her that she's not only afraid of cats, but of dogs, horses, mice, insects--in fact just about every living creature. I was going to add there "except people," but I believe she's afraid of people as well. She's a bundle of insecurities, with absolutely no self-esteem, who is trying to take on reponsibility for the whole world and, of course, failing miserably.
And she is a lovely person.
Who better to enter my life just as I'm discovering EFT? Sarah is more than willing to serve as my guinea pig, and I'm thrilled to have someone I can work with.
GC COMMENT: Oh yes!! For newcomers to EFT a willing and cooperative friend to practice with is truly a gift. It allows us to get started and sharpen our skills without feeling tenuous or unsure. Most of us know someone like Sarah, a delightful and appreciative person with a long list of issues. Spend time with the Sarah of your choice and you will likely get your share of "one minute wonders" (e.g. Sarah's fast relief from her cat phobia) as well as broader issues that take more artistry to unravel.
MARGARET CONTINUES: I've read all of the Palace of Possibilities, and I want to incorporate affirmations along with EFT in what we do together. I've also ordered the EFT Course (I've already downloaded the manual and read it through), and I know that will be a tremendous help. Sarah and I have tapped one more time, when an afternoon together with her family and mine didn't go the way she had planned. She became terribly upset and angry because she felt she had failed. After only one round of tapping her anger and distress completely disappeared. Yes!
Just one more thing (I didn't intend this e-mail to be so long!). The day after tapping for cats, I got an e-mail from Sarah, in which she said, "I can't stop thinking that maybe a host of favourable circumstances came together and made it work, and it might not work again." How's that for an example of the "Apex problem"? (Except that even with her doubts, she did come back for more.)
GC COMMENT: The "Apex problem" is Dr. Roger Callahan's term for what amounts to Cognitive Dissonance. Basically, the EFT procedure is so far removed from the client's belief system that they search for "other reasons" as to why they feel so much better and have made progress. Interestingly, these reasons are often even more ludicrous than the EFT procedure. It is a human need to make sense of the world around us and when something comes along that doesn't fit within the existing "writing on our walls" we literally fill in the blanks with whatever is resident in our knowledge base. Some of the alternate explanations clients come up with are candidates for the Comedy Hall of Fame.
MARGARET CONTINUES: Again, Gary, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm having a ball with EFT, and I want to share it with the whole world!
Peace and love,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.