- Fears And Phobias
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
EFT helps a boy release his fear of being left alone
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Some children have a BIG fear of being left alone. If unresolved, this fear can carry over into adulthood and create many lifetime limits. Read how Christine Metawati helps a 12 year old boy with this problem and note how she reduces the issue down to specific events. Well done.
"John", 12 years old, was afraid to be alone. His mom contacted me to help John feel comfortable being alone in a room and to go downstairs by himself in his home. John used to be active with outdoor activities like dirt-biking and snowboarding. However, when he was 11 years old, he began to refuse doing these activities he used to enjoy.
On my first meeting with John, I explained to him that we have a powerful river of life-force flowing through us. When this river flows easily and openly, we thrive and we grow to be the best we can be. Sometimes, however, events in life or thoughts we hold created a block in the energy channels of our body, like a kink on a hose. When that happens, we don't feel as at ease as we could. EFT works to take out the kinks in our life-force channels so that our life-force can flow freely again to all levels of our being, bringing a sense of well-being. When we feel afraid, or any other negative emotions, it is just an indicator that there is a kink in the life-force channel. We don't need to be afraid of the negative emotions but instead to use them like an alarm system to notify us that something in us needs healing, changing or clearing.
Even though John's mom wanted us to work on his fear of being alone at home, John wanted to work on his fear of being without his parents in public. I chose to honor John's wish first. I asked him to describe what could be the worst case if he were alone without his parents in public. He told me that he wouldn't know how to get home. I shared with him that I would be afraid, even though I am 40 years old, if I were to be dropped off to a strange place and did not know how to get home.
Before we began the EFT process, I checked in with him regarding where in his body he felt the fear the strongest, and I asked him for the color of this fear as well as the intensity of this feeling. He said that the fear was all over his body, the color of the fear was black and the feeling was very intense. He held his arms way apart to show how intensely he felt this fear. We tapped on the description of the fear:
Even though I have this intense and black-colored fear all over my body, I am an awesome kid anyway.
Even though I feel afraid to be alone in public without my parents nearby, it is normal to be worried about that when I am in an unfamiliar place.
Even though I feel anxious and worried without my parents in public because I am afraid I won't be able to get home, I am still a good kid.
After that one round of EFT, there wasn't much difference in the intensity or the color of the fear. I then asked him whether he remembered ever feeling afraid of being lost. He recalled three childhood incidents where he was left behind or forgotten. We tapped on each of those events, and each time affirmed that the events, while unpleasant and scary for him, were over now and he had survived them all.
Even though these events happened, I am safe now.
Even though I was left behind by mistake, my parents still love me and care for me deeply.
Even though my parents made mistakes, and it was scary for me to be left alone and I couldn't find my parents, I am glad that they were able to make changes that make me feel safer now.
Even though I am worried I will not be able to find my parents again like when I was young, thank god for cell-phones now. I can call them and find out where they are. I couldn't then because I was so little, but I am older and bigger now. I can also ask help from others if I were lost.
Even though I couldn't find my dad up on the hills, I was able to ski downhill and waited for my dad to come and find me. I am a wonderful skier even when I was young. I was able to get myself safely down the hill and he found me.
Even though my dad went outside the cabin without telling me again, I know he has made important changes and learned to tell me where he is going before he goes out. That makes me feel safer because I know where they are. I love them and I do not want to lose them.
Even though I was afraid I would not ever see them again, I am still a brave boy. I was just a kid, and still am. It is natural to feel afraid in these circumstances.
Even though I don't understand how I could be left behind again, what's wrong with these adults? Everyone knows you don't just leave children behind, I feel so mad about that. I am a good kid anyway even if I feel angry.
Even though it was scary to be alone when I was young, I choose to relax and trust that I am safe now. I am older now and even more resourceful then when I was younger.
In each of the events, we discovered that he had a wonderful sense of intuitive knowing what he needed to do to get himself reconnected with his parents. In one of the event, we saw how the Universe enlisted the unlikely help of someone else to call his parents to fetch him. All in all, he has been a very resourceful boy and has the ability to make good decisions even in a frightening situation.
So, we affirmed his coolness under pressure. We affirmed his intelligence and natural ability to assess what the best action to take is when the going gets tough for him. We clarified that he has great skill and ability within him despite his young age. We also put in the affirmation that he has the resources he needs to get him home and reconnected with the people he loves if he is separated from them again.
By the end of the first session, John's fear has changed to the color orange and the intensity has lessened by at least 50%. His breathing was deeper as well.
When I saw John again for a second session, I asked him what changes had he noticed since our first session. He proudly said that he went to places where he wouldn't have gone before. That made him feel really good.
In this session, we worked specifically on being afraid of heights, fear of snowboarding in falling snow, and being left alone in the house even if his parents were only at the neighbor's house.
Later, his mother wrote an email to me, "I think we are making some great progress! We live on a private driveway with 4 other houses so when it's garbage day we need to take our cans down the driveway to the street. I have never been able to retrieve them unless John goes with me or if someone else is in the house to stay with him. Yesterday I told him I was going down to get them and he just shrugged and said OK. Also, he told his dad he is ready to go snowboarding so they have a overnight trip planned for this Friday."
We had a third session, and this time we specifically worked on fear of going down steep hills when snowboarding as well as a remaining fear of height when John is up on the chairlift.
After this session, his mother later shared with me, "Last night, when it was dark, I had to go feed the neighbor cat and I was able to leave our front door open while I went 2 doors down the driveway. John sat in the living room alone and showed no indication of being scared. This is most definitely a major change and I am very pleased."
Hooray for John and EFT!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.