- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Claustrophobia relieved in one session
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Dr. Carol Look describes a claustrophobia case that was relieved in one session. As is often the case with these procedures, her client tapped in her office while merely thinking of the problem. There was no actual claustrophobic circumstance involved (such as putting the client in a closet) to help bring up aspects or to test the results.
In this case, Carol's ability to bring up all the related aspects during the session proved sufficient enough to obliterate the phobia in the real world. She not only itemizes for us the language used during her session but also gives us helpful details on how her EFT work was later shown to be successful in real world circumstances.
Claustrophobia is a reasonably common ailment so you might wish to make a copy of this article for potential claustrophobic clients to read.
"Joseph" contacted me because of a recent series of disturbing panic attacks with specific claustrophobic features. The series of attacks--one in the movie theater, one on the subway, and one on an international flight--left Joseph feeling spooked and full of dread. His fear of having another attack led him into an elaborate plan of approach to his daily commute to work. In one EFT session, his claustrophobia, with a variety of aspects, was relieved.
We began tapping for the trauma of his first identified attack which occurred in a movie theater. The triggering scene in the movie involved the villain locking up people in a small glassed-in enclosure. Joseph experienced the walls and ceiling of the theater closing in on him. He couldn't catch his breath and had to run out of the theater. Since the primary sensory image was that of his not getting enough air, we began there.
- "Even though I couldn't breathe at the movies..."
- "Even though the walls were closing in on me..."
We also tapped for his feeling of "family pressure." He had been engaged to a woman from a culture very different from his own. His parents highly disapproved of his "interracial relationship" and had threatened to disown him if he continued the relationship. He had been at the movies with his girlfriend when the feelings of claustrophobia occurred.
I asked Joseph to visualize the exact movie scene when the claustrophobia began. We tapped until he felt calm when picturing himself sitting in the movie theater. He burst out laughing because of how relaxed his body felt after the first two rounds of tapping.
We then tapped for the 2nd attack which occurred on the subway on his way from his home in Brooklyn to his job in Manhattan. As a result of this attack, he had devised a plan for getting to work "safely," which involved getting off every few stops to breathe, calm down, and drink some water. He usually panicked when the subway went underground (the beginning of his route was above ground) and when the crowds threatened his sense of getting enough air. We tapped as follows:
- "Even though I'm afraid of the train getting stuck between stops..."
- "Even though I can't breathe on the subway..."
- "Even though I hate going down into the tunnel"...
- "Even though I can't breathe when there are too many people..."
While I forgot to ask for a SUDs rating on a scale from 0-10, Joseph was easily able to picture himself on the subway going to work in the morning after a few rounds of tapping. As he was writing the check for the session, he said, "Those feelings of not being able to breathe reminded me of how my father used to put a pillow on our faces to wake us up in the morning..." He said he was surprised by this memory but felt no need to tap for it. I suspected it had been folded into the other panic feelings about not being able to breathe and was taken care of with the first few rounds of tapping.
Joseph called me when he had arrived at work after our session to say that the tapping was successful for his trip on a new subway line (always cause for anxiety) that he rode to get from my office to his job.
Our next session was the following week. Joseph was elated and reported astounding progress. His subway rides had been enormously relieving, even comfortable. He didn't panic once, and found himself breathing with ease. During one commute, he said the after-work crowd was particularly daunting. However, he was able to convince himself that as long as he had a small space around him, that was enough for him to breathe. (This logic is unheard of for someone suffering from claustrophobia.) He had never been able to soothe himself before his experience with the tapping. He admitted that he had even "tried" to get himself upset during one ride to test both himself and the treatment, yet was unable to produce discomfort or fear.
Joseph also reported that elevator rides were no longer threatening or frightening, something he had mentioned (though we hadn't had time to tap for it) during the first session. He was tested at work because of an off-site day with a client which involved riding new elevators, and negative associations connected to feelings of panic in small spaces. This didn't bother him at all, even though one elevator was broken and caused him to worry about how he would react. He was also tested at work when he and 8 others were put in a small, windowless room, each with a computer, and asked to work there all day. Other than being hot from lack of air conditioning, Joseph said he felt totally calm. Normally, a room without windows would have sent him into fits of panic.
Joseph described feeling a little anxious Sunday night about his Monday a.m. commute, and tapped for 2 rounds. Monday morning was a breeze for him, despite the rush-hour crowds. He was able to ride all the way to work without switching in the middle to get a breath of air, walk around and re-board the next train. He said he used to ride at least 3 trains to give himself breathing time in between stops. He also took an express train for the first time in weeks. Normally, he would have felt trapped by fewer opportunities for "rest stops."
Another example of Joseph's progress was that on Friday night, he had made a mistake by taking the wrong train home. Not only did he go very out of his way, he had to ride another unfamiliar train to get back to his apartment. This mishap did not cause him any feelings of panic or the fear of being trapped and unable to breathe.
The final indication that Joseph's breathing fears were over involved his decision to wear a turtleneck sweater to our first session. He was well aware that turtlenecks always exacerbated his panic about not getting enough breath. He said he was able to wear the turtleneck comfortably several times between our 2 sessions as a result of the tapping, a sure sign to him that he was over this problem.
A future event that scared Joseph was a planned flight to his home country, a 20- hour ordeal. We tapped for the panic attack he had had on the last international flight he took which ended up in his deplaning and backing out of his scheduled trip. He described it as very traumatic. He said the main reason he "flipped out" was because he hadn't told anyone in his family that he was going away. He said that this had caused immeasurable pressure and had caused the claustrophobia and panic attack on the plane. I had him narrate the story from the drive to the airport through to the attack that led him to get off the flight after boarding. We tapped throughout the "story" on different aspects.
- "Even though I felt anxious driving....and couldn't get enough air in the taxi..."
- "Even though I couldn't breathe because of the pressure..."
- "Even though I panicked when I looked down the aisle..."
- "Even though I couldn't breathe and had to run off the plane..."
We tapped until he could feel comfortable visualizing himself on the last flight, and on the future flight.
Joseph plans to contact me during the holidays before he embarks on his scheduled international flight. Nevertheless, he felt confident that he could take care of any other aspects of his panic condition that arose in the coming months.
Dr. Carol Look
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.