- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Testing claustrophobia results.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
My recent EFT training for school personnel at the Peoria School District in Arizona contained several modules which met with the usual successes. For example....
1. Over 80% reported obvious relief from physical pains and discomforts.
2. Over 80% reported substantial relief from traumatic memories using the Tearless Trauma Technique (most went from 7-10 down to 0-2).
3. Over 80% no longer wanted their chocolate or other addictive substance after using EFT for addictive cravings.
4. 8 out of 9 claustrophobics gained obvious relief from their fear. We don't know how the remaining one did because there was no way to test our results on her particular form of phobia--sleeping in the upper tier of a camper. She didn't seem very stressed at the thought of it, however.
The claustrophobia session was of particular interest because we were, in most cases, able to test our results. Testing is always important because it provides feedback on how well we are doing. In my experience, most conventional emotional healing methods do NOT contain an adequate provision for testing. Often, the process is performed and the "test" is a question like, "how do you feel now?" Frankly, that's a little wimpy. I've never understood why many in the healing professions prefer to tip toe around the issue rather than challenge their work with a head on test.
I think it's essential to test so that we know how we're doing with the client. Did we eliminate the problem completely or did we fall on our face? Are there more aspects to deal with? Did the client switch issues? Client issues vary, of course, and thus testing is not the same for everyone. Here are some techniques I use that you might find helpful.
1. Have them say a pointed statement that hits the heart of the issue. Their reaction will tell you whether or not you have more work to do. Please forgive their graphic nature of the examples below. They are given here as the type of statements that truly test the effectiveness of your work. If you react strongly to them, however, it is because YOU have a charge on them. A client who has undergone successful EFT'ing on these issues will react matter-of-factly to them.
a. "My buddy, John, died in my arms in Vietnam with his entrails in my lap."
b. "My father licked my genitals."
c. "My brother laughed when he set me on fire."
I don't always hit the client with these battering rams right away. I usually play it by ear and sometimes "sneak up on it" with milder statements before I spring the "big one." This way you can minimize any pain (and do more tapping, if necessary) on the way to the final statement. Eventually, however, these statements provide a quality test. The subject matter may still not be his/her favorite subject. But there's no reason to have an unnecessary charge on it.
2. Have them imagine the event as vividly as possible. Ask them to close their eyes and exaggerate the sights, sounds and feelings and literally try to get themselves upset. This will often bring up aspects that had previously gone unnoticed. When they go through the whole exaggerated event without emotional discord, then you have strong evidence of success.
3. If possible, recreate the problem in real time. For example, take the height phobic to the top of a high building and look down or take a rape victim to the rape scene and have them narrate the event for you. This is one of the best tests you can perform. Any left over aspects will likely show up in these real life situations.
I used this "recreate the problem in real time" technique with our claustrophobics in the above mentioned workshop. Two of them said that being wrapped up and bound in sheets would be unbearable (one of these "sheet people" broke into a full body sweat just thinking about it). Fortunately, one of the participants had some sheets in her car, thereby providing an ideal test. Several of the other claustrophobics announced early on that they would NEVER get in a closet, let alone have the door closed or locked. My little "yippee guy" went off inside me because there was a lockable closet nearby. This was test heaven.
We tapped as a group for claustrophobia and I told everyone (and meant it) that they were not going to be asked to test their fear (be wrapped up in a sheet or get in a closet) unless they were perfectly willing to do so. This is the proper way to do EFT. If they are not willing to do these things it is because we haven't solved the problem yet and thus have more aspects or core issues to address. We should continue to tap UNTIL they are willing. The alternative is the conventional "clench your fists, grit your teeth and be brave" method which usually serves to create immediate pain and sometimes makes the problem even worse through additional traumatization.
The "sheet people" were relatively easy. After a few rounds of tapping, we bound them up tightly within sheets. Some minor aspects showed up during this process but they were quickly dissolved in a few moments of tapping. The former claustrophobics were perfectly calm during the sheet wrapping and exhibited no discomfort whatsoever. It was as though they were putting on a necklace rather than having their whole body constricted by those sheets.
The "closet people" were more of a challenge. This was partly because there were 5 or 6 of them and partly because they had more aspects that required a little more time. Some of the aspects I remember were....
1. Being in a closet with other people.
2. Being behind other people in the closet.
3. Lack of trust about being let out.
The "lack of trust" aspect was an interesting one. Because it was a public seminar, I dug only far enough with the lady involved to discern that certain people had betrayed her trust in the past. To me, this "closet trust" problem was nothing more than a replay of a past event. She may have good reason not to trust certain people from her past but it wasn't necessary to overlay that on the rest of her life. So we did some tapping on her trust issue (without her disclosing the details) and apparently resolved it because she had no problem in the closet.
They all went willingly into the closet and were quite calm except one who went to a 6 in intensity. We tapped right then and there (the best time because the aspects are present in the real situation) and, in moments, she was OK. I then closed the door and, with their permission, locked it. We even put blankets over the cracks around the doors so that it became even darker in the closet. No problem. I finally unlocked the door and they all walked calmly out.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.