- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Sometinms phobic responses to freeways and bridges can be very routine for EFT ... just tap, tap, tap and the fears disappear within one session. At other times, however, many aspects are involved and thus more diligence and detective work are required. Read on as Sarajane Thomas takes us through the details of one of these more complicated cases.
Kathy (whom I have nicknamed "the bubbly one") got my name from the Practitioner's List on Gary Craig's web site. Due to a hearing loss, she preferred seeing me in person rather than our working together over the phone. In taking her history at our first session, Kathy's major complaint was that of experiencing intense anxiety while driving on the freeway - especially over bridges. When she called me for an appointment she mentioned that she felt quite certain that these problems were related to certain emotional trauma that had taken place earlier in her adult life.
During session one, Kathy related that following her divorce eight years ago while she was driving home after a child custody court hearing, she suddenly found herself frightened to drive over bridges. This fear has deeply intensified in the years since then.
The second major incident had occurred two years ago after Kathy lost a breast to cancer, was undergoing chemotherapy, and her second husband moved out of the house on the very day she started radiation treatments. On that same day she suddenly became frightened of driving on the freeway and had become even more seriously frightened of driving over bridges. This fear has also intensified over the years. We decided to work on the older event first.
Kathy was at a 9.9 intensity level when we started tapping on her fear of driving over bridges. After four rounds of tapping, she was down to a 1. One more round and she was at zero.
Kathy had a 5.0 intensity level when we approached the second issue - her untoward fear of driving on the freeway -- to such an extent that she frequently has her teen-age daughter drive in her place. For instance, the teen had actually driven the car for her to my office that day. Again, after 4 rounds of tapping, she was down to zero.
Our time was up, and I noticed that as she made move to leave my office, she still seemed quite anxious though improved from when she had originally arrived there. I supplied her with "EFT on a Page" from Gary's EFT Manual and suggestions as to some tapping (CB and KC points) she could do in the event of a re-occurrence of her fears.
Several days later, I checked with Kathy (as I do with all my clients) to see how she was doing. She told me she was more terrified than ever on the drive home from my office after our first session. There were obviously other aspects and/or issues at stake here.
When Kathy contacted me for a second appointment, I made plans to sneak up on the issues very slowly with her. It was then my plan to move to Kathy's parked car for the remainder of the session. Then, only when I was convinced she was truly at zero on both issues would we then travel together to the freeway with her at the wheel.
We scheduled two hours for session two. The following kind of set-up phrases (suggested by Gary for this kind of methodical tapping) were used to get us started on this sneaking-up kind of session for the child custody case, for the mastectomy (chemo and radiation), and her second husband leaving her while she was ill:
Even though I have a problem that sometimes makes me anxious...
Even though I have a problem that makes me excitable and fearful...
Then we tapped on her fears associated with:
Driving on the freeway (especially over bridges)
Getting dizzy and losing control at the car wheel while traveling over bridges
An incident where she panicked when she ran out of gas very late at night on the free near a bridge where she was left alone in the car while her sister went for gas.
Feelings toward her second husband
Once I was convinced of Kathy being at zero and after recognizing a cognitive shift in her, we moved to her car. We did some more testing to make certain that nothing in the car nor in her imagination could trigger any intensity in her whatsoever regarding the two major issues we had tapped on.
Happily, Kathy drove us to the freeway while describing herself as feeling light and airy. Once on the freeway, she began feeling some concern about changing lanes or getting into the faster left lanes. She pulled the car off the road and we did some tapping until she was down to zero, tested clear and felt ready to proceed once again. Once we moved back onto the freeway, she had a few twinges from feeling "all closed in" as she traveled in the middle lane. Instead of her pulling off the road again, I did surrogate tapping on myself for her (so as not to distract her while she was at the wheel) until these twinges were gone. The rest of the trip on the freeway was comfortable, and she was delighted with the results of our work.
Kathy emailed me later that the trip home had been great and without any stress whatsoever. For the first time in years, she was actually able to enjoy the scenery. She took a 100-mile trip by herself the following weekend; she was originally worried that she would "freak out" (her words), but this did not occur. She was now busily engaged in telling everybody about tapping who would listen to her enthusiastic healing tale.
Kathy contacted me a few weeks later to say that she was starting to get a re-occurrence of small spikes around driving over bridges. She came back for a third two-hour appointment shortly after that. She showed me how well she was doing despite these occasional spikes by relating a story to me. The day before her appointment she was moving with traffic on to the freeway and was traveling directly behind a truck hauling large cut pieces of lumber. One of those pieces of lumber fell off the truck and bounced straight in the direction of Kathy's car. She immediately swerved to miss an impact with the wood and she skillfully avoided an accident. Afterward she was amazed at how quickly she emotionally recuperated from this near accident which she credits to tapping. During our third session together, we worked on her:
Anger at her ex-husband (first husband); able to forgive him
Fear of her ex-husband because he threatened to get custody of the children
Fear of ex-husband because of his emotional abuse
Fear of ex-husband's vengeful treatment of her
Fear of ex-husband causing her to feel insecure and unsafe
Fear about money issues when her second husband left her while she was ill and unable to work
Second husband abandoning her while she was very ill and had small children to care for
Feeling vulnerable and disfigured from mastectomy
Felt mutilated at the time second husband left her
Fear of bridging into a new life without a husband to support her
Letting go of old life and bridging into a new life
Kathy had a noticeable cognitive shift with the forgiving of her first husband. During occasional testing, she was casually able to discuss anything regarding him and the issues listed above without any spikes. Happily, I sent her home with a list of set-up phrases to continue to tap on such as: "Even though I'm angry with my ex, I choose to be anger free." "Even though I felt abandoned, I choose to feel secure." "Even though I remember feeling vulnerable and disfigured, I choose to be a strong person."
As usual, I will continue to follow up on Kathy's progress and offer help if it is needed.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.