- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Taking care of an elevator phobia and a painful knee at the same time
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Penny Horsburgh from the UK gives solid details behind collapsing her client's elevator phobia and notes that a painful knee improved as a side benefit. In the UK, elevators are called lifts and thus the term lift is used throughout the article instead of elevator. Please consult physicians for all medical issues.
If EFT had been there for me before I began my long study of homeopathy I'd be a total EFTer. I enjoy working with tapping so much.
Homeopathy is a marvellous system of medicine which takes time, concentration and mental gymnastics. Each time a patient sits in front of me I am observing their every word and gesture and mentally matching these to remedies, sifting and refining until I have worked out the remedy I am sure is right for them. It is a great pleasure to practise. Yet EFT, being so intrinsically simple, is where I start with my clients these days. And the results are amazing and so quick. Even when there are many layers and levels to tackle, improvement generally starts right away.
I have known Wendy (not her real name) for years as a friend. She knows I practise homeopathy and Reiki so when I met her 4 months ago by chance (synchronicity!) she was quick to tell me how disappointed she was that her right knee was very painful and she was so worried that she would be unable to play bowls this season. Wendy is a grass bowls champion and the season was due to start. She agreed to come along to see me that afternoon.
Wendy is 72, a capable, smart and busy lady, always helping other people and has little time to take care of her own needs. Telling me of her concerns about her knee, her anxiety about being fit to play and her worries about her general health and lack of energy as she leant forward, talking a lot. She is also impatient and wanted help right away. She had not heard of EFT and looked dismayed when I began to describe the set up and points to tap.
Wendy: I thought you would just give me a tablet or something!
Me: I'd like you help with EFT as I need to practise. Let's just try it on something simple. Do you have any fears?
Wendy: Fears! Flying, lifts, I've got loads!
Me: Which fear comes to mind first when I ask you if you have any fears?
Wendy: Lifts, because I have to use the stairs when I'm out shopping and my knee is painful.
Me: What is it about lifts that frightens you.
Wendy: I have never liked them but I got stuck in one over 40 years OK and I can't even look at them now.
Me: On a scale of 0-10 where 10 is the most intense, what number comes to mind when you think of a lift?
Wendy: Only 10? It's much higher than that!
I asked Wendy to make a mental movie of the experience of being stuck in a lift. She closed her eyes and became pale and beads of sweat appeared on her upper lip. She opened her eyes saying, 'I have never told anyone about this or been able to think or talk about it for all these years. When I'm shopping in that big store I make sure I always keep my back to the lift, I don't even want to look at it.'
I did a round of tapping on her getting her to say along with me, 'Even though I have not allowed myself to think or talk about my experience in the lift all those years ago I am safe here and in control.' Three rounds from KC to UA and the top of the head brought that down to a 0.
Interestingly I was going to work on her knee but here was an intense phobia with a hidden memory which is feeding off her energy and causing a physical problem.
Wendy proceeded with her mental movie, stopping each time there was an intensity so that we could tap on it and bring it down. Her mental movie started with walking up to the lift feeling OK and ready to do some shopping. There was intensity at the following points and we tapped on all of them -
Standing in front of the lift
Even though standing in front of this lift makes me feel sick in my stomach I deeply and completely accept myself
Pressing the button to summon the lift
....... I am afraid to press the button because the lift will come and I will have to get in it..........
The doors opening
........... makes me want to turn and run, ....... Afraid of that small space ............. Someone might see how silly I am......
The doors closing with Wendy on her own inside - lots of intensity there and many rounds of tapping ........ I can't get out ......... there's no air in here .........
Pressing the button to move
......... now I've done it ......... it's all my fault ............. I did this...........
Lift getting stuck
.....so afraid.........afraid of being a fool .......... Trapped and can't move.......
Pressing the panic button
.........afraid to press the button and make a fuss ..........
Lift jerking and moving again
....... People will be there when I get out .......... Making a fuss..........
Doors opening and getting out
.....embarrassed ......... heart pumping ........... fearful and foolish
The 0-10 intensity started at 10 for most of the intensities. What is interesting is how she shifted from being afraid to being perceived as a nuisance, of making a fuss, of being a fool. We were tapping into much deeper issues than her fear of lifts.
During the tapping and running of the movie Wendy's facial colour shifted from red to pale and back again, she cried, she laughed, she trembled and she kept going. She was determined to carry on as she could feel shifts in her throat and chest. As is often the case, I could feel them in the same spots in myself too. Is this in sympathy with the client or simply being so in the moment with them and sharing auric fields that we were working as one energy on this issue?
Running her movie again there was no intensity. Imagining going into the lift at the local store had no emotion attached to it.
And her leg had stopped hurting! Wendy was tired and yet elated when she left and thought she might be able to try going in a lift.
I saw Wendy again in 3 months later and she told me she had been in two lifts without any problems. She was bowling in the championship and her leg was better. Best of all her energy level was much greater and she felt well and happy.
How I love doing EFT. It's the most rewarding therapy I know.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.