- Fears And Phobias
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
The fear of flying often fades quickly with EFT. However, in this case by Charmaine Campbell (from Canada), a whole series of aspects showed up to complicate the process. Please pay attention to how she keeps testing to see if the result is complete. Very well done.
My client’s job requires that he, “Richard”, fly often and many of these flights are in small planes. Richard told me that he had great anxiety when waiting in the airport and when walking to the plane and his anxiety was getting worse over time. He was even worried that this would eventually affect his ability to continue in this job. He thought he had more anxiety when he had to fly in small planes than in larger jets. He did not think he was afraid of them crashing; he just had this anxiety rated at 8 on a scale of 0 to 10. He had flown to meet me for our session, and experienced the anxiety. He always sat in an aisle seat and would not look out the window.
I explained the technique as an emotional version of acupuncture. He then told me that his brother was an acupuncturist and had treated him on two occasions in the past for a severely injured and painful toe and a “blown knee”. He had been amazed at the good results and could scarcely believe how well it worked. I knew at that point that the acupuncture explanation was a good choice. We tapped:
Even though I get this 8 anxiety while waiting for my flight…
We started tapping from when the anxiety started in the waiting room and quickly brought that down to a zero out of 10. We then moved on to his walking towards the plane and tapped that intensity down also. We tapped right through getting on the plane taking his seat and the entire flight and he said it was all cleared after a few rounds. I had him test it by imagining the entire event of the morning. I was a bit worried because he had his eyes tightly closed and was frowning and it seemed to be taking too long to do this. But then he told me that he had run the entire scene through 6 times because he could not believe it was gone. He said “I really tried to feel anxious and I couldn’t!”
Then he told me about an incident that happened two years previously when he had been flying in a jet about to go over the Rockies when the jet encountered an air pocket and dropped suddenly. An air stewardess from another airline had been sitting beside him and they had been conversing about their families. He told me that she had gripped the armrests tightly and looked scared. He was terrified, and so was everyone else, his stomach felt as if it was going to come out of his mouth. He said he expected to hear screams but, “you could have heard a pin drop. I was sure we were all going to die.”
Remembering the incident brought his anxiety level back to an 8 or 9 again. The entire incident had lasted only a few seconds and ever since he had this fear of flying. So I had him do the Movie Technique, tapping on that incident using phrases like,
If that stewardess was scared, I had every right to be terrified too … I thought we were all going to die … we survived but it sure was terrifying.
Finally we brought the intensity down to a zero and I had him run the movie and test it confirming that it was indeed zero. He had to test this six times too! I guess his convincer number is 6. He was amazed that he was no longer afraid. Then he said, “I feel empty, there’s an emptiness in my chest where there used to be this anxiety and it’s uncomfortable, it doesn’t feel good.”
So I told him that the Universe does not like vacuums and asked if it would be ok to replace the emptiness with something positive instead. He thought that would be fine. So I asked him to tap for his subconscious mind filling that empty space with whatever positive emotion it thought would be best for him. I told him it did not matter if neither he nor I knew what that “something positive” was; his subconscious knew exactly what he needed. We did a couple rounds of tapping on this and he said he was feeling ok again, the emptiness was gone.
The last thing we did was to future pace the flight home that evening and, wouldn’t you know it, he spiked up to a nine! He said it was even worse than before. That really surprised me. I brought in some NLP at this point. I talked with him about how holding on to negative emotions harms the body, and about the subconscious holding on to fear in the belief that it is protecting him but really it is awareness that protects him and I gave him some examples. Then off we went tapping again.
Even though it was gone and now I have this 9 anxiety again and my subconscious is trying to protect me, I am willing to allow my subconscious to release the fear now and protect me by keeping me healthy.
His intensity came down to a zero. At this point he went silent for a few seconds. He looked at me puzzled and said “Something just happened that is really strange, I just experienced a place where I was not thinking, not feeling, not anything, I was just, just…” I replied, “Existing?” He said “Yes! That’s it, I was just… There”. He seemed really peaceful at this point.
I was amazed at this and said to him, “Do you realize that there are mystics who meditate daily for 15 to 25 years just to get to that experience you just had?” He was surprised at this. I have never had a client speak of an experience like this before. It had been 90 minutes and I had to end the session to get to my “real job”.
I got an email the next day from Richard thanking me and saying that he felt absolutely no anxiety on his flight home and even fell asleep right away and did not wake up until they were about 5 minutes away from landing; something he had never done before! I replied that, sometime, he might consider sitting by the window and enjoying the scenery!
Thanks Gary for this wonderful tool that creates so much freedom in people’s lives.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.