- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Here's an interesting flying phobia case by Joanne Harvey. In this instance the central issue was a distant SPECIFIC EVENT that needed to be collapsed. Phobias originate from diverse causes and it is essential to study articles like this to expand your understanding.
Fear of flying is such a life limiting phobia in our jet set world. But with a one hour session using EFT, Kelly was able to fly to San Diego and the next month fly to Hawaii for her first tropical vacation. I have included her EFT session and, as you will see, her fear was connected to a 57 year old memory of her mother’s fear of flying.
Kelly is a very bright business woman, but her fear of flying limited her earning power. She had avoided flying all of her life. But now at 63 years old she had to fly to San Diego in order for her business to expand. She moaned and she groaned around her office, hoping that one of her employees would take pity on her and go in her place. No one volunteered so Kelly decided to see if what she heard about EFT was true.
When she called me, she let me know that she didn’t think tapping could help her get over her lifelong fear of flying. I said I couldn’t guarantee anything but since she was calling why not give it a try.
I asked when her fear first started; she sighed and said probably since she was 6. Her mother was a movie star and as an actress she had to fly to Europe. Kelly remembered riding to the airport with mother and all she talked about was how much she hated flying. Kelly said she could see her mother clear as day, climbing up to the door of the plane and looking back at her with a terrified look on her face. I asked what her level of intensity would be if she had to fly right now. She said it was a 10 out of 10. So we started tapping, dispelling the negative charge.
Even though I am scared to death of flying… My mother was terrified of flying, and I am terrified of flying.
Even though I am terrified of flying I accept myself and honor my journey here today … I am scared of flying, this fear of flying keeps me grounded, literally, I am terrified to leave the ground.
Even though I feel this way…
Then we did a full round of this fear of flying; my mother’s fear of flying; and, terrifying fear. She laughed a little bit and took a long shuddering breath. Her level of intensity dropped to a 7 out of 10 and I asked her why she thought it was a 7. She said because all of a sudden she felt like she wanted to let the fear go.
Even though I want to let go of this 57 year old fear of flying, I was 6 years old when I first felt this fear, I want to let it go…
Even though I have this 57 fear of flying… I was six years old when my mother exposed me to her fear of flying, I think I want to let that fear go … 57 years is a long time to drag this fear around, turning down fun places to travel … I want to let this fear of flying go.
Even though I’ve been dragging my mother’s fear of flying around since I was 6 year old…
Kelly was looking very relaxed she reported that her level of intensity was at a 3 out of 10, so we proceeded to the choice method. At this point Kelly and I, through EFT, are still dealing with at least two parts of her psyche. So I continue to address both:
Even though there’s a part of part of me that is still hanging on to fear of flying, a more mature part is willing to let it go … I choose to let that part of me win. I am 63 years old, the fear of flying does not serve me, I choose to let this fear go.
Even though I still feel some connection to my mother through this fear of flying, another side of me wants to let that connection go so I can travel more. I choose to let that side of me prevail. I loved my mother and I have so many happy memories growing up with her, I want to let that terrified look go and allow the happy memories to shine through, I choose to let this fear of flying go.
Kelly started to tear up, so we kept talking and tapping and I asked her what was happening, and she said she had so many wonderful memories of her mother, but since she had died the look of terror when she stepped into that plane was always the strongest one. Now, Kelly said she could hear her mother laughing and little memories of her were rushing into her head. We stopped and she took a few deep breaths, she said she felt tingling in her finger tips.
I let her rest for a few moments and drink a little water. I encouraged her to tell me a few of the memories that were coming up. This is a delightful way to reinforce the positive and see if there is anything else that needs to be addressed before the fear is released. Her fear was still at a level of intensity of one (1) so we continued tapping on the EFT points:
Any remaining fear of flying, I’m letting it all go
I choose to love who I am and acknowledge the remarkable woman that I am today
I love my mother and honor her for all the wonderful things she did in her life
I deeply love myself too, I am a bright, loving, resilient, sensitive compassionate woman
I choose to love and accept who I am, I choose to honor my bravery, I choose to make my arms tired by embracing everything life has to offer, I am a being of light, a beautiful soul, and a loving woman.
Now Kelly was beaming. She was amused with herself; she reported no fear of flying. She was a being of light full of promise and she knew it. For a pre-test I had Kelly shut her eyes and I walked her through driving to the airport, parking her car, getting on the shuttle, arriving at the airport terminal, getting her ticket, going through security, finding the right gate, waiting for her flight to be called, giving her ticket to the agent, getting on the plane, finding her seat, putting her carry-on luggage in the overhead carrier, sitting in her seat, the plane moving, taking off, riding for 2 hours, landing, finding her luggage and so on, Kelly reported no anxiety or fear with this full visualization.
I did give her a tapping exercise if she needed it for the actual flight. Kelly left my office with a big smile on her face anxious to go pack for her trip. Kelly called me on the day of her trip; she had arrived in San Diego. She reported that she did have some anxiety when the plane was delayed, but she tapped it away, read her book, and got on and flew without any problems. She said she has already called her husband to let him know she’s ready after 30 years of waiting for their tropical honeymoon.
Follow-up: Three months later, Kelly and her husband did go on their honeymoon, and she is planning a trip to Belize in the near future. Kelly’s husband has an appointment to address his spider phobia, I guess he doesn’t want his fears to limit their travels. Bon voyage to both of them.
Joanne Harvey MSW, EFT-ADV Practitioner
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.