- Fears And Phobias
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Some thoughts on EFT for fear
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Loren Fogelman shares her thoughts on fear and concludes with some exercises. I also make a suggestion within her article about injecting specific events into her process.
Your body is a resource of untapped potential. Your mind has the ability to stop you or propel you forward. Where is your mindset?
People don't want to acknowledge fear. Your fear will keep you stuck. Making excuses, procrastinating and putting off uncomfortable things is easy to do. Instead of speaking about your fears what if you spoke to your fears? Speaking back to that fearful voice brings you one step closer to taking back your power. How would you be different if you developed a positive mindset?
There are three innate fears in infants including sudden motion, loud or abrupt noises, and sudden approach. As you get older those fears diminish. What did they get replaced with? Avoidance, many times, is a learned response to a specific event that occurred earlier in your life. Developing fear is a way of protecting yourself and staying safe. It works and has purpose.
Some fears are fluid. They come and then go. Others remain. Although fears have purpose, many times they are not based on logic. When you continue to have a fear, then you begin to take actions to avoid being triggered. Avoidance keeps you from moving forward. It actually keeps you focused on the very thing that you are trying to avoid.
You spend a lot of time doing things because you don't want to be triggered by fear. That is a negative mindset. The actions you take are based upon avoidance. You do things to avoid having something possibly happen to you. This will keep your subconscious tuned into your fear although you feel like you are making every effort to avoid that feeling. The avoidance attracts more negative.
The key is making the choice to release the fear and what you have been resisting. Once you can do that you will increase the ability to be drawn toward your goal. You will feel lighter and empowered. Choose to take action because you know that you will be better.
If you had one fear that you would want to release, what would it be?
Consider how long you have lived with this fear. Create the opportunity to say anything you want about your fear. What have you been holding onto? This could include resentments, anger, sadness or feeling trapped.
Choose to let go of the fear. What would you say? Are there things that you always wanted to say, but never had the ability to verbalize? Make the choice to find your voice and talk back to the fear. Take charge and release the thoughts and emotions that feed your resistance.
GC COMMENT: My favorite method is to reduce fears down to the specific events underlying them. As you go through Loren's exercise below, see if you can also associate specific events with her language.
While tapping the karate chop spot on either hand, repeat these phrases out loud, (or change the words to fit your exact situation).
Even though I have this fear and it keeps me from doing things, I deeply love and accept all parts of myself.
Even though I spend time thinking about what I don't want to do and will avoid things that are uncomfortable for me, I choose to continue working toward my goals.
Even though I do certain things that appear positive, sometimes they are really to avoid my fears, and I can choose to release my fears when I am ready to moving forward with confidence and poise.
EB: I have been stuck with this for too long now.
SE: This fear has a grip on me and I don't know how to release it.
UE: I avoid doing some things because I am fearful.
UN: This fear is a burden.
CH: This fear overshadows me.
CB: This fear affects my self confidence.
UA: This fear has been around for too long.
Top of Head: I will tackle this fear when I am ready to with confidence and courage.
EB: I know that this fear served a purpose.
SE: This fear helped to protect me at one time.
UE: I have hidden behind my fear long enough.
UN: I am getting ready to release my fear because it does not help me at this time in my life.
CH: I appreciate how my fear has protected me for this long.
CB: I know things about myself due to my fear.
UA: My fear is due to the thought of something happening.
Top of Head: I will face the fear when I am ready and choose to change my thinking to one of confidence and courage.
EB: I choose to feel confidence and courage around this situation.
SE: I choose to realize that the fear is based on a thought and I have the ability to change my thoughts.
UE: I choose to know that I can do anything that I put my mind to with confidence and poise.
UN: I know what to do to keep me safe.
CH: I am a resilient person.
CB: I can look at this situation as a challenge and develop a new strategy to deal with this.
UA: I have the choice to change and to release what does not work for me anymore.
Top of Head: I will choose to release my fear when I am ready to with confidence and ease.
The fear can be seen as a challenge. You step back and look at all of the angles. Find as many different ways to look at your fears as possible. How would someone else look at this situation? Take time to decide the best way to change your thinking about the fear. The fear is based upon a thought and way of looking at something. That thought is uncomfortable. Is there a different way to think about the situation that is not as uncomfortable?
Choose the best strategy for overcoming this obstacle.
Activity: If you had a friend talk to you about something fearful what response would you give to help your friend? List all of the responses that you can think of, no matter how silly it seems. Number the best three. Choose one of those three to try for yourself to see if you can change how you look at what is causing the fear.
Loren Fogelman, M.Ed.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.