- Fears And Phobias
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
EFT and gay issues - fear of men
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
I like this quality article by Aileen Nobles. She takes us by the hand through an important case and says, "I have worked with women before, when their choice is brought about by past trauma with men. Once healed of the emotional trauma, they can make decisions and choices from a place of clarity and not from past damage."
When “Lucinda” came in to see me, it had been a couple of years since our last meeting. She is an attractive rap musician and has been gay for practically all of her life. In our first session as I tuned into her, I clearly saw a baby coming into her life. At that time she thought it was funny, as she only dated women.
When we recently met again, she told me she had been nominated for an award the previous year and her career was on an upswing, but something strange was happening to her. She now wanted to fall in love with a man and have a baby!
Lucinda was very wary of men. Her father abandoned her when she was five years old, her stepfather had been abusive physically and mentally, and at an early age she had turned to women for safety.
The few times when she had been out with men she found attractive (not sexually), she began playing a role of trying to be exactly what she thought they were looking for in a woman. She tried and tried to give them what she thought they wanted, and ended up getting rejected and abandoned. She mentioned that when she is around women she is herself, and even if she wants to date them, she is completely relaxed. We started tapping:
Even though men can’t be trusted as they abandon and abuse me I am quite wonderful anyway.
Even though my experiences tell me that men are from another planet, I'm afraid of men.
My Daddy abandoned me even though I tried to be the best little girl I knew how.
I tried so hard to be lovable.
I thought it was because of me that my parents were arguing.
I need to be perfect.
But my Daddy left me anyway.
No wonder I try so hard to please a man when I am around one, I am still trying to win love.
It didn’t work with my Daddy as he left me anyway.
Perhaps he left my mother, and by extension he left me.
Perhaps it wasn’t me he was trying to get away from.
He loved me.
It was my mother he was leaving.
He could have seen me more after he left us, but he didn’t.
I don’t think he cared much for either of us.
Poor Daddy didn’t know how to love, as he probably didn’t receive it from his parents.
Perhaps he would have left me no matter how I behaved.
I think this is about my father and not about me.
I feel so uncomfortable around men.
I am so relaxed around women.
I would love to feel as relaxed around men as I do around women.’
But men betray trust and are animals.
My stepfather abused me
He never liked me.
I didn’t like him, he was creepy.’
He looked at me as if I was naked and it creeped me out.
He came into my bedroom and tried to have sex with me.
I bit him.
I was terrified, I’m meant to do what I am told.
How clever of me to bite him… that was spunky.
He deserved worse than that.
But not all men behave that way, my good male friends are different.
We continued to work on that issue until it had no charge when revisited, and she was in complete agreement that there are many wonderful men out there. She knew some of them as friends connected to her work. Lucinda's breathing and demeanor had relaxed visibly, and she was beginning to enjoy herself.
I am comfortable around women, and if someone loves me, they love me for who I am.
Not everyone loves me and that’s OK, I don’t know if I could handle everyone loving me, but it might be fun to find out.
Perhaps its possible to be myself around a man, and he will love me for who I am.
I don’t have to try and win love any more, as I am not that little girl desperate for my Daddy's love.
That insecure little girl part of me is still alive and with me, and she needs to know she can be loved just the way she is.
We did a visualization with that sub-personality healing and becoming whole, then being embraced and integrated with the rest of her. This was easy for her to do with tears and gratitude. We continued tapping:
There are some very attractive men out there and I have some very good men friends.
I am beginning to believe that I can be safe with a man as safe as I can with a woman
Some women have hurt me over the years, and some men friends have been there for me.
If I'm not afraid any more, I can think of having an intimate relationship with a man.
Someone is going to love me for my true self
I don’t need to try and win love any more.
It might be fun to allow male energy to bring out my female energy.
I had her run a movie imagining herself making love to a man that she cared about. She had a big smile on her face! Yes, she was ready!
“I want to fall in love and have a baby… I am ready… I deserve it and I allow myself this wonderful experience which is the next step on my soul’s journey. Watch out men…here I come!”
The change from almost cringing while talking about intimacy with men, to smiling at the thought, was funny to both of us. It will probably be a while before I hear about the next chapter…but she’s ready.
I have worked with women before, when their choice of being homosexual is brought about by past trauma with men. Once healed of the emotional trauma, they can make decisions and choices from a place of clarity and not from past damage.
Had Lucinda chosen to have a baby and raise it with another woman, we would have had a different focus, hopefully equally as healing.
Thank you Gary and EFT.
Love & Light
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.