- Fears And Phobias
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Study this case in detail and learn how Sarah Marshall from the UK gets behind a tunnel phobia to discover many foundational specific events. You can use the threads presented here in many other cases. Just use your imagination.
'Anne' contacted me after reading that EFT was good for phobias. She had freaked out on a recent trip when the car she was traveling in had entered a tunnel.
Anne had suffered with claustrophobia for as long as she could remember but it had gotten worse over the previous 5 years for no seemingly obvious reason. She was becoming more and more fearful about leaving home in case she got into a situation that she was unfamiliar with.
When Anne started to tell me about the recent tunnel experience, she started to panic so we started tapping, following the physical sensations she was experiencing:
Even though I have this hot panic rising in my chest…
Even though I have this light-headedness in the top of my head…
Even though I feel out of control…
We did this until Anne felt calm and in control again. It then felt right to ask Anne if she remembered an earlier time of being out of control and although she felt it was completely unrelated, she had felt very out of control when her youngest child was taken into the hospital.
As she remembered the event, she started feeling panicky and experienced it again as 'hot panic rising in her chest' and light-headedness so we again tapped until the sensations had subsided. I then got Anne to tell the story and we tapped on the aspects that came up:
Even though I have this tightness in my chest when the doctor rang…
Even though I have this panic rising in my chest…
Even though the doctor said she had to come in straight away…
At this point a lot of emotion came up and Anne felt it was a good thing and we just kept tapping until she felt calm again. We then tapped for a 'thick foggy feeling over my left eye' that she was left with. We then continued tapping through the event:
Even though I thought she wasn't going to come out…
Even though I didn't know what was happening…
Even though I was collecting her things together I didn't know what was going to happen…
Even though I cried all the way to the hospital…
Even though I had this tightness in my chest at not being in control…
Even though I felt I should be looking after her and not the doctor…
At this point another memory came up. She had her child in a difficult time in her relationship with her partner and she wasn't able to bond straight away with her child so we worked through this:
Even though I felt guilty I couldn't hold her…
Even though I felt guilty I didn't want to hold her…
Even though I'm a bad Mother…
And we kept tapping until her intensity came right down. She then realised that she had blamed herself for her child's illness and she had been trying to make it up to her child ever since so we tapped on:
Even though it's all my fault because I didn't hold her straight away…
Even though I have to make it up to her…
We tapped until she was calm and was able to say it easily without experiencing any emotion. She then realised that she had been treating her youngest child differently; she had been more protective and given her youngest child a lot more attention that her elder child.
She then remembered that she had bonded with her child soon after her birth and she realised that it wasn't her fault - she wasn't a bad mother, it was just very stressful for her at the time. She also felt comfortable with the memory of her child being in the hospital. She realised that she had been in control as she had gotten her child to the hospital and her child had been OK.
In our second session together, she was very happy with her progress. She’d been to the cinema, a place that she had not been able to go to before. She had felt slightly panicked when she first went in but quickly calmed down and enjoyed the film. She had also taken a big step back from her child - and her child was loving it! Her child had been away and Anne said she would have normally been worried about her the whole time but she had felt quite relaxed about her being away.
We started again with the incident of Anne 'freaking' in the tunnel to clear the second part of it. She started feeling anxious so we tapped on:
Even though I have this anxiety in my stomach…
Even though I have this trapped feeling when I'm think of the tunnel…
She then realised that it had all become worse 5 years ago when she had got together with a new partner and her stepdaughter had moved in with her. She felt her stepdaughter had had a difficult life and Anne felt a lot of anxiety at making the wrong decision for everyone. She felt that having a stepchild was more responsibility than having her own children. So we tapped through the story on the different aspects:
Even though I was anxious about making the wrong decision…
Even though I was anxious about upsetting my children…
Even though I was more anxious about upsetting my stepdaughter…
Even though I felt pressured and responsible at having to make up for my stepdaughter's difficult start in life…
She also felt guilty that she didn't have a good relationship with her stepdaughter. Once we tapped on this she realised that her stepdaughter was just quiet and they did actually have a good relationship. We then checked how she felt and she felt calm and was able to talk about the time calmly.
She then had, in Anne's words, a 'flash' of memory of when it all started - during a power failure when she was a child. So I got Anne to tell the story as we tapped on the various aspects that came up:
Even though I felt the dark was closing in on me...
Even though I felt trapped in the dark…
Even thought I was frightened…
Even though my Granddad teased me for being frightened of the dark…
Anne then started to experience hot anxious sensations in her chest, so we tapped on these sensations and chased the sensations up into her head until she was no longer experiencing them. She then felt calm about the memory. We tested it by Anne talking it through again, and she felt calm all the way through. We then went back to the original event in the tunnel and tapped on the remaining aspects:
Even though I'm silly for 'freaking' out…
Even though I spoilt everyone's fun...
We tapped until the event was cleared.
It was now coming to the end of the session and Anne mentioned that she had not been able to go into a toilet and shut the door, not even the ones that had a gap at the bottom and top. She now felt like she could go in and not only shut the door but also lock it. In my clinic the toilet is in a room of its own so when you close the door, there are no gaps.
We went up to the toilet and Anne went in whilst I stood outside the door. She went in, shut the door and then locked it - a double first for her! When she unlocked the door she started panicking slightly in case it didn't open so I got her to tap. She then shut and locked the door again and when she opened it a second time she felt fine, and surprised.
I didn't see Anne again but I did get an email from her a couple of months later to say that everything was good and she was really happy with what she had achieved.
With warmth and love,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.