- Fears And Phobias
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Read on as EFT Master Inci Erkin MD from Turkey discovers the real reason behind an apparent Fear of Heights. Please note how some well placed questions uncovered the real issue.
We were doing an EFT workshop on the 6th floor of a tall building. During my workshops I often ask if anyone has a phobia with the thought that such an issue would make a good demonstration.
One of the students pointed to a friend of hers. “Well, she is afraid of heights, she could not go to the balcony and look around during the coffee break.”
I invited her to the stage. She was willing to come but was definitely anxious. She sat on the comfortable chair like she was sitting on a nail.
So, first I did EFT to comfort her.
Even though it was not really my own wish to come here, in front of everybody, I love and accept myself. TAP TAP.
After a complete sequence she moved in her chair comfortably and smiled to the audience.
I then asked her about the fear of heights and she told me that she could not go close to the balcony and look downwards. Also, she could not go in an elevator if it is an open one with transparent walls where you can see the floors while going upwards - like the elevators in big hotels sometimes have. This was especially difficult for her, because she owned a Tourist Agency. She had the ‘privilege’ of going to 5 Star Hotels often with open view elevators. What many would consider a treat was like torture to her.
And her intensity level was of course a 10.
Even though I am afraid of heights , I love myself. TAP TAP
While tapping her I was also asking my questions
Q - When did you first realise this fear of heights ?
A - I realised this in 1999 after the big earthquake.
Q - How?
A - I was staying with my sister at the hospital. She had been hurt by the earthquake while in her house. There was nowhere for me to take a bath. I could not take a bath for days because of the circumstances. A friend of mine came to visit and took me to her house saying that I could take a shower there. But when we went there,it was the 7th floor. I could not stay there. I felt very disturbed because of the height, and without taking a shower I returned to the hospital.
We changed the statement:
Even though, my friend took me home to take a shower, it was on the 7th floor, I felt bad, and left there, I deeply and profoundly accept myself TAP TAP..
Q - Was this the fear of heights or an earthquake fear, thinking that, you can not escape from a 7th floor if it shakes again?
A – YES! YES! I was afraid of the earthquake. I am still afraid...
(Her whole body was shaking, she became sweaty and pale and told me that she did not want to continue. She had nausea also. These are all symptoms of our sympathetic system overreaction. Fight or flight is our old genetic code response in case of emergencies. During that period our cortisol – stress hormone – and adrenalin is released, our heart pumps quicker –palpitation – our feet and hands are cold – our intestines and our kidneys try to give off everything because our instincts wants us to be lighter to run easier. Our temperature rises, so our climatization starts and to take our temperature down we sweat.)
Yes, she was having all of this in seconds.
I told her that this is a reflex, and we will continue EFT and Tappings, and her parasympathetic system will harmonise everything, because there is no real DANGER at the moment. THE DANGER WAS IN HER MIND. We began EFT for this.
Even though we had this earthquake and my sister was taken from the ruins of the house, I accept this and love myself. TAP TAP
Even though we lost many close friends at this earthquake, I accept myself. TAP TAP
Even though my mother died just one month later because of a heart attack and I believe this was because of the earthquake’s trauma, I accept this and love myself.
Even though we lost all our property at this earthquake, but now we are alive and building our business again, so I love myself. I love myself because I am strong. TAP TAP.
I am still afraid of the earthquakes but I love myself. TAP TAP
Her trembling slowly went away. Her face gained her colour again. Her friends in the room had tears in their eyes during this time. Many had memories of the earthquake of August-17 in the year 1999. I asked them to TAP altogether for Borrowing Benefits and also making a strong energy field with our intentions while doing EFT at our workshop saloon.
She told me that her intensity level around the issue disappeared.
At first I asked her to close her eyes to imagine going to the balcony and looking down.
We were all tapping again by this time. She said she had no fear in her imagination.
Then she really went to the balcony, and could look down the building very happily.
We applauded her. Congratulated her. Everybody hugged each other.
Just opposite to our building there was a five star hotel with an open elevator, we went there together, and went to the 11th floor. No problem but laughs.
That was it.. FINISH OF A PHOBIA WITH EFT.
Big traumatic events, like earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, and terrorist bombings influence many people. Even the ones who are far away, and just see it on TV. These situations can create a block in our energy system. We think that life is going on and forget about seeing the traumatic event. But nothing is the same as before. This memory, if not cleared with EFT, works in the background, producing negative energies and affecting our energy system like a computer virus. After a time, some people experience physical and psychological problems such as: headaches, sleep disturbances, loss of libido, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue, menstrual problems, hypertension, depression, overeating, anorexia, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorders, tics, pains, etc etc.
We usually do not make the connection with our conscious mind of a traumatic event affecting our physical body. We try to find a solution with different doctors and hospitals. I do not mean that we do not need to go to a doctor. Of course we still may need to go. I am also a medical doctor with 30 years experience. But, what if, for a moment, you think of the possibility that your illnesses and complaints may be because of your energy system failure.
If you cannot heal your self at the energetic level you may be using the medications forever. EFT can be very helpful to regain your energy flow and bring quality and happiness to your life. And, maybe, even resolve some of the physical symptoms as we tap.
Here in Turkey, we will be remembering and make ceremonies for the loved ones lost in the earthquake each 17th of August. Around the world we have had many disasters. Some were from NATURE; some were HUMAN made. We can not blame NATURE. But we certainly can work to change the HUMANS who are creating havoc destroying our lives.
So on each August 17th, I am inviting all of you to TAP for WORLD PEACE.
We do only have ONE WORLD, perhaps we can try a little bit harder to protect what we have. EFT is a great tool.
Inci Erkin, MD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.