- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Phobias are often easily relieved with EFT and are among our "one minute wonders." Sometimes, however, they are linked to other issues and become fertile ground for persistent practitioners to produce widespread emotional freedom. That's what this case history (and discussion) is about.
At my recent Cleveland training I asked 4 people to come up on stage and work with me on their fear of heights. Things went rather routinely in that all 4 of them reported substantial lessening of their fear response while "thinking" about being up high and looking down. After a few minutes with EFT, most of them couldn't get any charge at all.
For newcomers to this process, let me emphasize that doing EFT while someone is "thinking" about the issue is often effective even in the real live situation. The height phobic, for example, who ends up with no charge while thinking about being up high usually has little or no charge in the actual situation. Remember, the essence of EFT (and its many cousins) is that we tune into the problem while addressing the body's energy system. As long as the client is tuned into (and taps for) all the various aspects, s/he should have complete relief. If s/he gets in the actual situation and still has some fear it is because there is something (an aspect) about the actual situation that wasn't present when merely thinking about it. Since the remaining aspects are obviously tuned into if someone is anxious while up high, it is usually a simple matter of tapping at that in-vivo moment.
Now back to our 4 people. One of them, Nate, was tapping on an incident where he slipped on some ice at the Grand Canyon and almost fell. It's a long way to the bottom and it's no wonder such a narrow escape managed to lodge itself within Nate's psyche. After a round or two of EFT, however, the charge on the Grand Canyon event subsided and Nate switched to another incident--this one regarded a helicopter experience.
This "switching to a new issue" experience happens with some frequency. Often, EFT provides relief for a presenting issue thus paving the way for another issue to pop up. Sometimes this results in a daisy chain of issues as one leads to another...to another....to another...and so on. This can, and often does, take one on a remarkable healing journey. For a detailed look at this daisy chain phenomenon, please review the videotaped session with Marlys on our EFT Course.
Also, some phobias are a walk in the park. A round or two of EFT and the fear of heights, snakes, public speaking, etc. become history. Others, however, take longer and require more artistry because they are linked to many traumas and other negative experiences in one's life. Sometimes they represent major core issues which, when finally relieved, open up whole new vistas for the client. This appeared to be the case with Nate's helicopter incident.
Nate began to sweat as he switched to his helicopter memory. The perspiration on his forehead was obvious and he felt "wet" when I touched his shirt. We did a little tapping in front of the group and made some headway. However, this was at the end of our workshop and it was time to bring things to a close. I asked Nate to stay over and work with me after hours and he agreed.
The sweating resumed as he told me the details of the incident. He was a psychologist in the army (Delta Force) and performed his duties amidst "macho" paratroopers. One day he was teased by his fellow soldiers into parachuting out of a helicopter. This was a new (and frightening) experience for Nate but he went along anyway--just to save face. Otherwise, he wouldn't belong--or at least that's how he perceived it.
So we tapped on the various aspects until the sweating subsided and he was able to have peace about the incident (he actually jumped, by the way, and was terrified until his chute opened). The whole tapping session took maybe 10 or 15 minutes as we threaded in and out of the story and tapped on the various intense moments that showed up.
That was Friday. On Sunday morning, two days later, I asked Nate how things were regarding the helicopter incident. He reported no problem AND said he had noticeably improved clarity in his eyesight AND said his blood pressure was dramatically improved. He takes medication daily for his elevated blood pressure and, with medication, it ranges from 130/80 to 140/90. On Sunday morning it was 106/"70 something." Please know that we didn't tap directly on either his eyesight or his blood pressure. These were "side benefits" and, to me, were indicative of the fact that this helicopter incident was a core issue that was holding him in fear throughout many areas of his life. Once it was relieved, the lid came off of other things.
Two days ago (which was two weeks after my session with Nate) I talked to him by phone. He reported numerous positive changes in his life as a result of his experience in Cleveland. Here they are...
His eyesight remained improved. He estimated that it is 5% to 10% better when he is not wearing glasses.
His blood pressure remains low. Although he is still taking his medication, his blood pressure is in the range of 117/79. He expects to contact his doctor about weaning off of the medication. That is between Nate and his doctor, of course.
He feels more "aligned" (his term). This results in more efficiency and a certain amount of useful detachment instead of immersion in trivial items. He is more of an observer to life. For example, he no longer has a preoccupation with counting his money in anticipation of his eventual retirement (we didn't tap on that either).
For reasons he cannot explain, his psychotherapy practice has accelerated. He is getting new referrals and clients are coming "out of the woodwork." Coincidence? Perhaps. But I am a great believer that we radiate our inner thoughts & confidence and people pick up on them. I have mentioned this many times on this list.
One final note. As we discussed his positive results over the phone, I probed around to see if there were any more remnants of his helicopter experience. There were. He got some charge on remembering his feet dangling over the edge at 5,000 feet. It was a 3 or 4.
So...."Even though my feet are dangling and it's waaaaay down there...."
He also got some charge on remembering the Jump Master pointing at him and saying "Go."
So...."Even though I have this 'Go' response...."
Both issues subsided.
Hugs to all, Gary
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.