- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Ann Adams took a trip to Poland recently to visit Michal, her Polish 'son'. During the visit, she addressed Michal's height phobia which, as it turns out, was not without its challenges. Please note the following features of this case...
1. Michal did not want to have anything to do with the Setup statement so Ann proceeded without it--and achieved success. Not all parts of the EFT process are necessary for everyone at all times. We include them all as part of The Basic Recipe because you never know for sure who needs what. They only take seconds to do and thus overkill is better than underkill.
2. Ann does the "tapping while talking" technique wherein Michal describes his fears while tapping. This is a quality way of tuning in to the problem--a necessary requirement for EFT.
3. The entire EFT process was done without Michal being anywhere near heights. Nonetheless, his fear of heights was nowhere to be found when he later found himself in high places.
4. His response to this dramatic improvement was a classic example of the Apex effect. He explains it away by saying, "I guess I just grew out of it."
Michal is my Polish 'son'. He lived with us for a year, three years ago, as an exchange student. This summer I had the opportunity to visit him and his family in Poland. With red hair, a face full of freckles, big blue eyes and an impish grin he still looks younger than his now 19 years. He works full time for a bank and attends college in Warsaw. Michal is the kind of hard working, very serious student the teachers love. Too serious, in fact. Many times I worked at getting him to loosen up and NOT be quite SO serious.
But Michal was very afraid of any sort of height. He was OK if there was a guard rail and he stood back from the rail. But being around any sort of serious, non-protected height would cause him to turn sort of green and refuse to get anywhere close. On one outing, while he lived with us in the U.S., we drove to a spot overlooking Little River Canyon in North Georgia. The others in the party sat on a ledge about three feet from a rock formation about 10 feet wide. A safe spot to sit actually. However, after the 10 foot wide ledge there was a BIG drop.
Michal would not come within 40 feet of the sitting spot. He paced the back of the area for half an hour until we tired of sitting and walked up to where he paced. We then hiked awhile in the wooded area close by. Michal would not let us forget how dangerous of a situation he believed we had been in.
When I became interested in energy psychology I e-mailed Michal messages of my experiences and successes and told him we could work on his fear of heights while I was in Poland. I could tell I had piqued this very serious young man's curiosity because the first time we were able to talk alone he brought up the subject. "You said you could fix my height fear," (Not exactly what I said, but I let it go.)
I had written him about the EFT process but he said he'd wanted to wait until I was with him to show him so he could "do it correctly". I went back over the steps of the process. He said it sure looked silly but he could try it except for the "talking part", meaning the set up statements. I don't push. I have seen this process be very helpful and calming even without a set up statement. (I teach the process to the residents of the facility for severely emotionally disturbed children where I work so they can use it in the privacy of their own room. I am an administrator, not the therapist, and I deal mostly with the residents' immediate upsets.)
However, Michal has a long term, very close and trusting relationship with me and he even refused to let me say the set up statements for him. Then, to make matters worse, he said he could not work up any upset about heights since he wasn't in the situation now. I reminded him of the Little River Canyon incident. He said he sure was worried at the time we would fall but that it didn't upset him now. His body language told me differently. I figured that was as close to a SUD [0-10 intensity scale] as I was going to get!
I told him that we would talk about that incident and other height related incidents while we tapped on the spots. I tapped the sequence repeatedly along with him for several minutes as I kept him talking about various situations in which he had been fearful about the height. When he ran out of height incident details, I suggested he close his eyes and picture himself at the Little River Canyon again walking as close to where we were sitting as he could. He said he figured he was about 6 feet away from us. He told me he wouldn't want to get closer that because it would be possible to trip. (That conservative nature again.) When I told him that was a big improvement over the actual 40 feet, he denied he had been that far away. He said he had the problem since he was a little boy and he probably would always be that way. We agreed the real test would be when he was in a situation actually involving being up high. His mother came in the room and announced supper and neither EFT nor heights was mentioned again.
Four days later we took a trip to the oldest operating salt mine in the world outside of Krakow. The tour was fascinating, even if in Polish! But what was even more fascinating was Michal's lack of any reaction to the heights involved in the 1 1/2 hour descent into the cavernous salt mine. And the next day in Krakow, he climbed the steps to a bell tower. The view of the lovely city was a real treat. Michal and I stood side by side right up against the rail admiring the scenery. On the way down the steep 400 year old stairway (about 5 stories high) I remarked that he didn't seem to be worried about all the heights we had been around. "Oh, it was never really bad," he said, "I guess I just grew out of it."
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.