- Fears And Phobias
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Emotions can run high when someone in the family develops cancer and these emotions often become excessive or "over the top." As you will see in this article by Nancy Morris, these excess emotions can be collapsed so that more peaceful times can be enjoyed. As Nancy's client says, "Our tapping session restored a sense of peace and calm in me. I am still feeling calm and in charge, and looking forward to more sessions together. Also, I want to get Annie involved, since her emotions are a tangled bundle of fear and worry as well and I’m sure tapping will bring her great benefit too.”
John called me and said that he was at a loss as to what to do with himself. His wife was diagnosed with metastasized breast cancer to her spine and had major surgery to remove the tumors. She’s been on various drugs since then to stop the cancer from spreading.
John said her latest blood tests and tumor markers showed that it is not stopped, the numbers are consistently climbing and she is experiencing pain in her bones. He’s worried, obviously, and described himself as feeling anxious and hyper vigilant. John said he felt unable to function in his day-to-day life; that he felt paralyzed with fear and worry.
I told John to tap along with me and listen to what I was saying and repeat it, but that he should adjust the words so that they were most like his own “internal dialogue.” John said his fear and worry was at a 9 or 10 on a scale of 0 to 10. We tapped:
Even though I’m scared to death…
Even though I’m really, really afraid…
Even though I’m scared shitless…
We tapped through a few rounds just to settle him down. I explained that it made sense that he would be worried and afraid and that would most likely not go away (his wife was scheduled for more tests in the next week). But EFT could help with the excess emotion that he was complaining about – the feeling of being paralyzed, the paranoia (he’d been watching her so carefully looking for signs of how she was doing).
I asked him to say what he was afraid of and he bravely replied, “I’m afraid Annie’s going to die.” I asked him where he felt the fear and it was in his stomach, deep inside, a big, hard, dark knot. The intensity of the knot was a 10 on a scale of 0 to 10.
We began tapping on the “fear knot” inside of him with reminder phrases like This fear … this anxiety … this worry … this knot in my stomach … I’m really afraid … I feel paralyzed by this fear. With several separate rounds of tapping we brought the knot from a level of intensity of 10 down to a 6 out of 10.
Then we talked about what he wanted. John wanted 30 more years with Annie; he said he wanted more time to do things with her, to do things for her, to enjoy their retirement years together. Again I asked about the knot and he said it was still at a 6 out of 10. We tapped more on this fear, this knot, this anxiety until it came down to about a 3 to 4 out of 10.
Then I told him we’d do a really long rambling setup and to just keep tapping on the KC point until I directed him to move to the other points. It went like this:
Even though I’m scared shitless that Annie may die…
Even though I’m really afraid that we won’t have 30 years together … we probably won’t have 30 years together since we’re both 60 … who knows how long we’ll have (he agreed).
Even though I’m really afraid and it’s making me paralyzed, I really want to do more things with Annie … I want to do more things for Annie … I want us to have fun together, all this worry and fear is keeping me from enjoying her … from enjoying my life … I’m wasting the precious moments that are left, at 60 we’re never sure how many moments are left (John agreed wholeheartedly) and I’m wasting them.
This stupid fear is keeping me from being the man she needs right now, I want to enjoy our time together now … I don’t want to waste another moment on this stupid excess fear that paralyzes me…
Then we tapped several rounds on the points with reminder phrases from the long setup above. John’s level of intensity was down to a 1 out of 10. We had only a few minutes left. I told him we’d do a Choices statement for him and suggested, I choose to feel relaxed and grounded and to enjoy every minute I have. He said that sounded wonderful. So we tapped through this several times. I asked John his level of intensity and he said it was a zero.
What a gift EFT is … to be able to help someone get relief from that awful gnawing fear. I suggested that he could tap on himself whenever he felt anxiety building.
About five days later I received the following email from John: “Words are not adequate to express my thanks for our recent “tapping” session and the profoundly successful results it generated for me. Our tapping session restored a sense of peace and calm in me. I am still feeling calm and in charge, and looking forward to more sessions together. Also, I want to get Annie involved, since her emotions are a tangled bundle of fear and worry as well and I’m sure tapping will bring her great benefit too.”
Note: The results of Annie’s scans showed that “everything is stable”. Tapping might help keep it that way.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.