- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Extreme snake phobia with an unusual cause
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Bernie Turvey from Australia helps his client with one of those intense snake phobias that would give any conventional therapist cause to pause. In this case, the client thought the reason for the phobia was a past life experience and, indeed, this past life memory showed up in full regalia during one of their sessions. Whether or not you believe in past life experiences, it is important to "go with it" if the client does. It can lead you to fertile ground.
This was my first experience of a phobia EFT session spontaneously 'flashing back' to the origin of the phobia (in great detail) in a past life. Just thought I'd relate it, because it evolved into a 'self-solving phobia" .
The phobia was of snakes. No, not "Ho hum" - this was so severe that 'Margaret' could not even say the word "snake". To hold out an arm and wriggle it in front of her in a sinuous motion caused shuddering and physical 'shrinking away' from the arm. The very idea of actually seeing a live snake bought forth 'flight' reactions.
A psychologist, specialising in phobias, used hypnosis AND de-sensitisation techniques with her to absolutely no avail.
Like I said - severe! But EFT fools rush in ..............
Margaret said that she felt that the phobia may have been caused in a former life, since she knew of no reason for it in her present life, and had a 'memory' of being tied down on the ground and attacked by rattlesnakes. I shelved this comment for 'future reference if necessary', but used the scenario as an entry point for the movie technique.
An initial point of interest was that she was unable to say "love" in the set-up sentence.....
Margaret titled her movie "Death". After one round of mentally running the movie of this event in "old, B&W, streaky, poor scratchy sound, back-of-the-theatre" tapping, it went from 10 to 4; two more rounds bought it to a 1 or a zero.
So I moved on asking her to run a "poor color" version of the mental movie, and Margaret just bailed up and refused to go any further. She exhibited all the previous fear reactions.
Stalemate - I just let it lie, because I knew that progress had been made, even though she had yet to come to terms with that fact. This syndrome was to rerun later.
At our next session, she was comfortable starting with the "poor color" version, AND was able to say the word "love" in the set-up sentence. I believe that her mind had just taken time to release 59 years of habit .... an "habitual habit" that had to be consciously KNOWN to be unnecessary any longer to lose its power. This had happened over the intervening few days.
OK, session 2 went well - we got as far as being in the front row of the mental cinema, with perfect color and low sound, and we were tapping at an intensity of 6. I was cruising, feeling pleased with her progress, when she changed tack altogether and went 'spinning off' into another reality--a past life event! Talk about a wake-up call.
"A wagon train. We are going from Philadelphia to California. My name is Margaret. I don't want to go - my parents made me. I left my boyfriend behind - he is a lawyer in Philadelphia. I'm 17 years old. I have made friends - Elizabeth and Brad. They are married, but about my age. We are in Arizona. We are afraid of Indians."
There is an Indian attack, and Margaret remembers the wagon-master calling for the wagons to be circled. The Indians - Apache - overcome the defenses, many are killed (including her parents) but Margaret is taken prisoner. Her next memory is of being staked down on the ground, with an Apache standing over her holding a bag of snakes - rattlesnakes. He has a particularly large nose, and she would recognise him even today. He upends the bag, throwing the snakes over Margaret. She tries to remain still, but eventually breaks and tries to get away - and a snake bites her high on the thigh.
Her memory continued right through the death experience and into a classic "Near Death Experience" type scenario, culminating with her being told that she could have a rest before 'returning' again.
After this, she 'returned' to 'reality', and pegged her fear of snakes at "Zero", firmly and unequivocally.
At our next session, I arranged for an assistant to - upon my call - to walk slowly into the room holding a rubber snake. I explained this to Margaret, and she freaked out - the very idea sent her into shuddering terror. I promised her that I would not leave her, and that my assistant would obey her every word instantly, and we tapped on 'this fear' in a storytelling type manner. She consented to allow my assistant to come into the doorway, about 10 feet from where she sat.
She stared at the rubber snake, whilst I was tapping on the 8 main points in a continuous cycle. She said "Come closer", and my assistant walked a couple of steps into the room and stopped. "Closer", and my assistant slowly walked to within arms reach of us. (I was still tapping on Margaret.)
Slowly, cautiously, she reached out towards the rubber snake and asked for permission to touch it. I told my assistant to hold it very still and not to move. Margaret reached out and touched the lifelike 'snake'. Then she asked to hold it (I was still tapping on her main points) and my assistant placed it on the table. Margaret picked it up ..... saying "I don't believe I'm DOING this!".
But wait - there's more!
A few days later, Margaret was weeding in her garden. A motion attracted her attention, and she realised that there was a tiger snake (deadly venomous) about a foot away from her left hand. She calmly and slowly stood up, walked away, and called a friend for assistance in despatching the snake. And only THEN did she truly realise that her phobia was over, gone, and finished with!
Funny how the Universe arranges these coincidences, isn't it?
Definitely one of my more interesting clients ...... but then who could ever get bored doing EFT?
Bernie Turvey, Tasmania, Australia
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.