- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- A skeptic, escalator & freeway phobias and converging lines (with a lead in discussion on "getting worse")
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
You will enjoy this entertaining (and instructive) article by a former EFT skeptic. As the article unfolds he says, "Now it was time for the acid test. Real life. We walked outside to an old shed and found a web. She batted it down, no problem. Then we found a daddy long legs and she got nice and close and looked at it remarking on how cool it was to see its legs moving. I asked her if she'd be interested in touching it. Maybe. I asked if we needed to tap. She thought for a second then said, No not really. So I picked it up and held it out......"
I only recently heard about EFT. I bought the videos, watched some of them and read the manual but haven't started doing it myself. I guess you could say I've been looking for the cracks, the tricks, the real dope that showed something that looks too good to be true to be in fact phony baloney. Sure Gary's got videos but editing is a wonderful thing. We might only be looking at the 10% of the cases that worked, not the 80% success rate he claims. All those people might be his personal friends, or paid actors, who knows?
Well, I was at work a few days ago and a co-worker and I were talking about the TV shows on A & E called Hoarders, Obsessed and Intervention. We were discussing how sad it was to see those people in such pain and agony, ruining their families and their lives and not getting much, if any, relief.
The show claims that the methods used by the therapists are the "only effective means of therapy known" and yet every show ends with sad reports like "this person has relapsed" or "this person is still pulling out their hair." A glowing follow up would be something like, "this person still hasn't cluttered up the one room we helped them clean out although the rest of their house is still packed full of rotting junk." And all of this is after a minimum of three months of therapy, sometimes a year.
So I told my co-worker that I'd seen a guy on the web where in video after video he was knocking out obsessions and phobias and aches and pains, over and over and it was only taking him minutes. She said she had a terrible fear of spiders and wouldn't it be cool if that fear could be gone? I said I knew how he did it and asked if she wanted to try. We were on our lunch break so she said sure.
I showed her the tapping points we would be using and then I asked her to imagine a big spider in front of her and to tell me what her level of fear would be. She said a 10. So then we did the setup and the shortcut sequence one time. I stopped for a level check and she said it was now a 4 out of 10.
I actually thought she was kidding me because no more than 15 seconds ago it was a crawl-out-of-your-skin 10. There also wasn't a big change of expression, she just tapped and after one round calmly reported the lower level. However, I knew she wasn't lying about her level 10 spider fear because I had personally witnessed her running out of a room or refusing to sit down at her desk after she spotted a spider.
We continued and one more round and brought it to a 1. So I asked her to imagine that big spider sitting on her leg, she reported a level 3. We did another shortcut round of tapping to get it to a zero. Then I did "creepy crawly fingers" up her arm to her neck and she said it was no problem.
Really, I asked? Even though I was the one leading the process I was still skeptical about whether or not EFT really worked. I was doing this session to test the waters. So I used one of Gary's lines and asked her not to just "go along" with things, that I really wanted her to look at her feelings and if there was even a trace I wanted to know so we could clean it up.
She said that it positively was working because she won't let her own daughter do "creepy crawly fingers" to her because it freaks her out so much. Next I asked her if she'd had a bad spider experience in the past.
She had, and on telling me about it got a rise in anxiety so we did another shortcut round. Then I asked her to image the worst possible spider encounter she could think of. She imagined giant hairy tarantulas crawling all over her face, which was her bad spider experience magnified by 100, but again reported a zero.
Now it was time for the acid test. Real life. We walked outside to an old shed and found a web. She batted it down, no problem. Then we found a daddy long legs and she got nice and close and looked at it remarking on how cool it was to see its legs moving. I asked her if she'd be interested in touching it. Maybe. I asked if we needed to tap. She thought for a second then said, No not really. So I picked it up and held it out.
She put out a finger and slowly reached forward. You could see her checking inwardly wondering why she wasn't running screaming from the shed. And then - you guessed it - she touched it! She looked up at me with a big smile and sighed. How about that? Then she reached out and touched it again. The third time the spider was expecting her so it raised a leg and they touched.
Imagine that, getting High-Fived by a spider.
I was left in a bit of a daze. It had all happened so fast. 15 minutes ago she was terrified of spiders and now she was practically dancing with them. Did I really do that? How could something as simple as tapping have fixed a life-long phobia? And how come nobody figured this out earlier? EFT may be based on acupuncture points but it works an awful lot faster than any acupuncture I've seen.
What she experienced must have been a fluke. It was too easy, too fast. I needed to do another test. She had a friend at work with a similar spider phobia, and suggested we try EFT on them too. The skeptic in me was still holding on, this was a chance to do a back up test, so I said let's do it.
We did the same process on him and I'll be darned if the same thing didn't happen to him too. He of course had different aspects and different spider experiences but the phobia disappeared just as fast. In 10 minutes they were both out in the shed pointing out the graces and beautiful markings of their local spider family.
Following up with my co-worker the next day found that she still wasn't afraid of spiders, and that she had used EFT on herself to overcome a Shopping Craving. She said she gets things stuck in her mind and then can't let them go until she buys them. She had seen a newspaper ad for some shoes and "had to have those shoes." It was all she could think about for hours so she tried EFT on herself and after a few rounds there was no more craving. She threw away the newspaper ad. I asked her if she had to force herself to throw away the newspaper and she said "No. It was just a So what? I don't need another pair of shoes." I complimented her for applying EFT so fast, and to keep me informed about anything else she uses it on.
So that's it for my introductory experiences in giving EFT sessions. I have to say that EFT doesn't conform to common sense, but the effects are obvious and repeatable so something's working. You can't ignore the data. Believe it or not, back in the 1600s, the idea that blood flowed through your body, didn't make common sense either.
GC COMMENT: EFT has made common sense ever since Einstein told us that everything, including our bodies) is made of energy. What does not make sense is why we have waited so long to use simple energetic approaches for our issues.
Thanks Gary, I think I'll be doing a lot more EFT in the future!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.