- Fears And Phobias
- Fear of flying and many aspects
- Getting behind a complicated Fear of Flying case
- 57 year old fear of flying vanishes in one EFT session -- 3 month follow-up included
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--over the telephone
- Treating "fear of flying" as a trauma case.
- A Fear of Flying turned out to be a metaphor for another life issue
- Solid detective work finds the true cause of a Fear of Flying
- Quality session for a fear of flying insects
- A good example of EFT's Generalization Effect with the fear of flying
- Surrogate tapping for the fear of flying
- Brad Reed helps with the fear of flying (followup at end)
- Do you want to skydive?
- A fear of flying case with a unique twist
- Fear of Flying, Public Speaking and All Phobias Gain Rapid Relief From New Meridian Based Procedure
- Turkish MD finds core issue for a flying phobia
- Intense fear of flying eliminated with EFT -- with follow-up and interesting side benefits
- Chrissie Hardisty's former fear of flying
- Simple EFT Basic Recipe collapses phobias regarding ladders, flying and cats.
- Fear of flying subsides--follow up included
- Eliminating a VERY intense fear of flying 6 weeks before getting on the plane
- EFT "on the fly"--the fear of flying
- Second hand tapping on the fear of flying
- EFT eliminates fear of flying--an excellent study in aspects
- No Drugs Necessary to Reduce Fear of Flying, Jet Lag and Air Travel Health Risks
- Fear of flying, leaving home is dangerous, and you can never come back!
- Up, up and away--the fear of flying
- How my computer helped clear a fear of flying
- Can we collapse the fear of flying even when there is no airplane around?
- What was really behind Janice's fear of flying?
- The bird fear that had an unusual aspect
- A detailed "fear of dogs" case using SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ten year old boy uses EFT to rid his friend of a dog phobia
- Fear of birds is minimized in minutes
- Breaking down a phobia into many aspects
- A dog phobia case that required persistence
- Success using EFT while imagining a phobia
- A quality look at how to test your work
- Sarah's cat phobia and other newcomer issues
- Fear of dogs disappears as EFT is used on an "unremembered memory"
- An EFT one minute wonder for fear of dogs gets a nanny a new job in a home with a 90 lb. dog
- Was the fear of cats the real issue?
- EFT newbie helps claustrophobic husband prepare for full body scan machine with great results
- The Skeptic & Claustrophobia (or how I was treated like a
- EFT for panic attacks and claustrophobia -- quality approaches
- Claustrophobia has traumatic birth memory as its core issue
- Claustrophobia relieved in one session
- A follow-up on claustrophobia
- Testing claustrophobia results.
- Applying EFT remotely to a driving phobia in India
- Jack Foriska eliminates his own terror of highway driving
- Essential Tremor and a cliff-driving phobia
- A bridge-over-water phobic crosses the Golden Gate Bridge
- Resolving many aspects of Freeway and Bridge Fears
- 40 year driving fear gone: "Now I drive that mountain like I own it!"
- Borrowing benefits brings a welcome side effect
- Using the Movie Technique in client
- Success with Fear of Bridges over Water -- with 7 month update
- Loren Fogelman collapses her own driving anxiety
- Driving fear in Louisiana
- EFT for motorway driving anxiety
- A seemingly simple height phobia with underlying causes
- Surrogate mental tapping achieves success for a height phobic in a balcony
- Successful surrogate EFT on Hiccups, Fear of Heights and a Sore Throat
- Textbook height phobia case--two rounds of EFT and "Poof"
- EFT helps with fear of heights in the California Sierra Mountains
- A height phobia with traumatic roots
- The Fear of Heights was not really the Fear of Heights
- Movies and a fear of heights
- Newbie completely collapses a fear of heights
- Nate's fear of heights: From the Grand Canyon to a helicopter experience
- A phobia with an unusual cause
- The height phobia that wouldn't move
- A couple of one minute wonders - fear of heights and feeling dizzy
- A height phobia in Poland with a classic Apex response.
- Getting to specific events for resolving a height phobia
- A Newbie overcomes her own needle phobia
- Client with two phobias: Fear of mice and needles.
- Challenging needle phobia is eliminated
- Fear of needles is cleared after addressing many aspects with EFT
- Using EFT when having blood taken - even if a vein collapses and you have a fear of needles
- Five sessions of EFT for a severe needle phobia - every detail needed tapping
- Getting beyond a 30 year fear of needles in 15 minutes
- Being creative about a stubborn dental phobia
- EFT clears an obsessive dental phobia: Note the insightful questions involved
- Using EFT for the fear of dentists - including a several year follow-up
- EFT for obsessive health fear
- EFT for a fear of surgery
- Client spontaneously recalls important core issue while tapping for Fear of Choking
- EFT for a fear of anesthesia allowed Mara's client to have a lung transplant
- Nurse had a fear of taking blood samples
- Elimination of fear of death and loss of two children in 15 minutes
- John was paralyzed with fear over his wife's cancer
- Success with infertility issues and "The Fear of the Fear."
- EFT helps a 12 year old girl with a dentist fear go from screaming and crying to singing
- Fear of Gynecological exams cured with EFT
- EFT newbie uses EFT successfully on a fear of roller coasters and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- EFT for fear of blood tests: Anorexia patient is able to receive hospital treatment
- EFT Newcomer takes care of her own phobia of dead animals
- EFT eliminates a serious fear of vomiting
- Being Alone
- Water / Swimming
- Overcoming the fear of swimming in a lake--many aspects treated
- Anthony's water phobia--gone in an afternoon
- Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
- Niki LaMont on a water phobia
- An intense test of a water phobia relief
- From extreme water phobia to swimmer with EFT ... "I wouldn
- A stubborn fear -- The importance of persistence and 'seemingly unrelated issues'
- EFT for different aspects of a tarantula scare
- Rapidly collapsing a complicated spider phobia
- Lainy Wells' first EFT test--spiders
- "I have a fear of spiders you can't begin to touch!!"
- Spider phobia relief as a side benefit
- Two at-risk teenagers simultaneously resolve severe phobias with EFT in one session
- EFT for a child
- High-fiving a spider - a skeptical newbie's first case
- Professionally stepping through an intense phobia case
- From being "scared to death of math" to an A in Algebra for a 36 year old returning to school
- A model case for all complicated phobias
- EFT for musicians
- Helping a young girl ride her bike
- It seemed like a bus phobia
- EFT calms a little girl
- EFT for a core fear brings a useful side effect
- 10 year follow-up on multiple phobias and dependency issues
- Roseanna Ellis helps an 11 year old boy overcome phobias
- EFT's Peace Potential: Establishing rapport and trust with a wasp
- How tapping for a fear automatically brought up a core issue -- birth trauma
- How EFT stopped 2 young boys from crying at the barbershop - a lesson in surrogate tapping
- EFT for fear of bees
- The impossible phobia--how did you do that?
- Tapping to release future fears
- Tapping on a single point brought fear and pain to a halt
- MD introduces an innovative idea that brings relief for stubborn relationship issue
- Fear of worms points to critical "core issue"
- Mom uses EFT to help her fearful son ride a bike
- Progress with a "Social Phobic"
- Cell phone phobia
- Fear of social occasions resolved despite not finding the cause
- Resolving fear of stepping out of the house brings improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- One brief EFT session releases a fear that originated at birth--Important for serious EFT students
- Tapping during a frightening movie to remove the fear
- Quick phobia work aims at specific events
- Creative EFT session brings up many specific events underlying a tunnel phobia
- EFT for getting over the fear of giving a teleclass
- Fear of clowns and mimes
- EFT for 7 year old Jasmine's stage fright
- Michelle LaPrise's email phobia
- Deborah Lindsey shares her opinion about three major fears and phobias
- Fear of small spaces...a case with many aspects
- Trouble with math clears up after doing EFT on a "ghost vision"
- EFT reduces test anxiety in moments
- A birth trauma was the core issue behind this phobia
- Lifelong fear of "Screaming Sirens" fades after attention to many aspects
- Fear of entrapment and a useful way to uncover core issues
- Finding the REAL issues behind two (presumed) phobias
- Stripe phobia
- Collapsing fears associated with a gay man
- Severe tunnel phobic goes through 42 tunnels with minimal anxiety
- Surrogate EFT calms a frightened boy at school - a pipe bomb scare
- Extreme phobia eliminated after finding the core issue
- EFT side effect -- Banishing a show jumper
- Bonnie's fear of stairs
- Mandy Momberg's friend was afraid to be in her own home -- One month follow-up verifies EFT success
- An Intense fear of tunnels in Norway
- 21 year swallowing phobia clears after 2 simple rounds of basic EFT
- A very, very detailed look at undoing a fish phobia
- Some thoughts on EFT for fear
- An intense fear of choking on food was linked to stress at the dinner table and cleared with EFT
- Fear of riding on horseback disappears - but only after getting to the core issue
- 40 Years of Terror gone after 60 minutes with EFT--smoking addiction gone too.
- Tapping for fear of the
- Tunnel phobia--"oh that is so easy"
- EFT and gay issues - fear of men
- Using EFT for stage anxiety
- EFT for the fear of failure/success -- this time with an actress
- Bathroom phobia
- Camera-shy problem disappears after getting to core issue
- Using EFT for the wedding day jitters
- Very simple relief for an intense phobia. What is a phobia anyway?
- Young boy's eating phobia aided by a fascinating intuitive/surrogate session
- Virtual EFT on a motorbike in South Africa
- Young Debby enjoys her day -- no more fear of the Austrian Alps
- Young girl
Water / Swimming
Atrial Fibrillation, EFT as a University Curriculum and a Water Phobia session saves lives
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Three items of interest this time....
First, Linda Pincus describes her husband's remarkable relief from Atrial Fibrillation by using EFT. Second, Tam Llewellyn-Edwards from the UK describes his success in getting EFT accepted as part of the curriculum for Calamus University. And, finally, Steve Burgess from the UK (a friend of Tam's) tells the story of how a simple EFT water phobia session ended up saving the lives of several people.
My husband, Gary, has experienced atrial fibrillation, or irregular heartbeats, for over two years. He has no heart disease, yet when these episodes occur, he feels weak, lightheaded, short-of-breath, and just plain tired.
The atrial fibrillation occurs somewhere between one to six weeks repeatedly and, when it appears, it lasts for 16-24 hours. Luckily, his pulse stays in the 70's-80's, or we would be in the hospital to convert it back to a normal rhythm. Basically, during these times, he takes to his recliner and pretty much just rests.
He is on no medication other than a daily aspirin, because he is healthy except for this most annoying and at times scary irregular beating. After all, it is his heart...pretty important. The main concern with this condition is the possibility of a stroke from blood pooling in the upper chambers of the heart, and then forming a clot. He didn't even want to take aspirin, but made that concession in the interest of longer term health.
Atrial fibrillation, or a-fib, as we call it, has made an otherwise athletic man who hikes, plays tennis, and is generally quite active, into a sedentary and fearful person during the episodes.
But that was BEFORE EFT.
One day, during one of his a-fib times, I said to Gary, "Look, I know you are skeptical of the EFT I use in my practice to help people with many things, but you have nothing to lose. Why not try it?"
He finally agreed (hooray!), and I told him he had to follow it exactly as I would teach it to him and do what I recommended. He agreed to that too.
I showed him the technique I felt would be best for him. He did it three times, left the room, and I went to my computer to do some work. In about fifteen minutes he was back. I thought he wanted some further instruction, or to tell me that he wasn't going to do this "silly tapping." Was I ever wrong....he told me that his heart was in a normal rhythm...took 15 minutes to convert it back. (Another and bigger hooray!)
That was over four months ago. Gary so far has had no recurrence of the atrial fibrillation. Now, EFT is almost a "religion" to him. He taps every day for a "strong, steady heartbeat" without fail.
By the way....I taught him how to tap for his nightly snoring...and that has ended too. We have two very happy people here (and I am sleeping MUCH better).
Linda Pincus, RN, CC-EFT
Curriculum for Calamus University
By Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
I have just heard that Calamus University has accepted my proposed undergraduate units teaching EFT and they will now be available as study units leading to a degree. I have included your video sets as required "reading" for these units, so if you get some strange requests from across the world you'll know why.
Calamus is an International Correspondence University working on the US system of giving students credits for various units they complete on the way to their degree. There are three EFT units each carrying two undergraduate credits. The first two teach to practitioner level and the third is a link unit bringing students up to the latest standard and on to a higher level research degree. I hope this will encourage some students in the future to work for their higher degrees researching the various aspects of EFT.
Dr. Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
Water phobia session saves lives
By Steve Burgess
My client, Doreen, came to me one year ago for help with a severe phobia of sea water. She was able to stand next to the sea on a beach but unable to stand in it. As soon as the water covered her feet she became terrified and had to rush away from it. She was about to go on holiday and wanted to take part in all normal beach activities without any fear. We spent a session doing EFT and I had assumed it had been fixed.
I heard nothing from her for about a year when out of the blue she rang last week and left a message on my ansaphone, "Hi Steve, there's no need to ring me back but you just might like to know that the work you did with me last year has saved my life and the lives of 5 children. Bye."
No need to ring me back? Who did she think I was? I rang her that night and she told me the full story.
Firstly, she told me that the work we'd done last year had indeed shifted the phobia. She was not just OK paddling in the sea but after a couple of days tapping whilst standing in the sea she was able to swim on her back!
Secondly, the loss of the phobia had actually saved lives. A few weeks ago she was walking with her grandchildren and their friends (children ranging from the age of 4 to 11) out along the beach at Cleethorpes, a delightful, sub-tropical (sic) British seaside resort. They walked some distance before realising that the tide had turned and was coming back in.
Cleethorpes Beach, is notorious for the way in which the sea
comes in at speed and in a pincer movement. They were cut off from the main beach and as the water began to rise around them Doreen realised they were in a bit of a pickle. The local coastguards spotted their plight and launched a rescue vessel but because of the treacherous currents it had to take a long route round to try to reach them and would not have reached them in time. A helicopter was launched to assist but by this time the water was raising higher and higher and the stretch of sea cutting them off from the main beach was widening all the time.
Doreen decided that they had to try and escape as the children were becoming more and more frightened. Telling them not to panic, she picked up the youngest child in her arms and together they began wading through the water. They had difficulty walking as they were wading through thick mud which kept sucking their feet down but they kept on pushing their way through the water which got higher and higher around them. Doreen herself
wondered, as the water came up over her waist, if they were going to make it but she kept on encouraging the children forward and eventually they made it back onto dry land and safety.
She had no doubt when telling me all of this that if we hadn't done the tapping last year that they would all now be dead, as she feels that if she had still had had the phobia she would have been too petrified to move off the sandbank with the consequence that they would have all been swept away into the sea.
Isn't it wonderful to realise the unforseen, far-reaching effects that the work we do with clients can have?
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.