- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Moira McFadyen from Scotland starts her in-depth article with, "As you may know, there are scientific studies to show the effects of mothers' emotions on the baby in her womb..." From there she gives many details about how she helped her client regarding birth issues. Well done.
As you may know, there are scientific studies to show the effects of mothers' emotions on the baby in her womb and this is also evidenced by the fact that if a mother becomes severely distressed then doctors will automatically monitor the fetal heartbeat as a safety measure. With this in mind, I would like to share with you a session I had with one of my clients that addressed the possible emotional issues she may have been carrying since conception.
My client has done EFT previously with another EFT Practitioner and is very in tune with her emotions. She mentioned, during a phone session, that she not only had she had an extremely traumatic birth but that she was also an unplanned pregnancy. She strongly suspected, although couldn't be sure, that her mother had even contemplated abortion at one stage.
When a client informs me that there have been issues during their early childhood, such as their mother having post natal depression, I always suggest that we tap on "the baby inside me" as I find I achieve best results with EFT when I can get to the root or the beginning of a problem.
However in light of what she told me about her conception I suggested that rather than starting at this point, it might be more effective to first tap on "the fetus inside me" and see if we could access and clear any issues attached to this stage of her life. My client agreed that this made sense and we then proceeded to tap using set ups along the lines of:
Even though the fetus inside me is full of fear because her mother doesn't want her and is thinking about aborting her, nevertheless...
Even though the fetus inside me is full of hurt and pain because her mother has rejected her and doesn't want her...
Even though the fetus inside me is full of fear, I now choose for her to know it's now safe for her to release her fear, her mother does love her and her mother does want her and...
After doing the above tapping routines she reported feeling a huge energy release so I then suggested that as we can only imagine how the fetus inside her was feeling we should do a residual issues routine on each of the identified emotions. (I find doing a residual issues tapping routine is often very effective at either clearing an unidentified issue, aspect or emotion or helping to bring whatever it is to the surface so it can be identified and cleared). We then tapped on:
Residual issues on the fetus inside me releasing their fear.
Residual issues on the fetus inside me feeling safe and secure.
Residual issues on the fetus inside me feeling safe to release their fear.
As my client's unique energy release mechanism is the need to take a deep breath, I noticed that she was receiving different energy release reaction on each of the tapping points during each residual routine. However she commented that her energy release was dramatically reducing with each tapping routine. I therefore felt it would be appropriate to repeat the Residual Issues routines and utilize this unique form of emotional release.
We therefore repeated the Residual Issues on a rotational basis twice further until all the points were registering a 0 intake of breath, with the one exception of the point under her nose.
Our session concluded at that point but my client reported feeling as though a huge energy shift had occurred and that she was very much looking forward to her next session with me.
After our session I consulted my friend, who is an Acupuncturist, and she told me that one of the functions of the tapping point under the nose is to "promote resuscitation" which concurs with my client's personal method of energy release as she always feels the need to take deep breaths whenever her emotions arise at any given tapping point. This gave me pause for thought and during her following session we addressed possible further issues with tapping routines along the lines of:
Even though the fetus inside of me feels she's been smothered with fear, I now choose for her to know she's totally safe and it is safe to release this fear...
Even though the fetus inside me feels she can't breathe, she's starving of oxygen I now choose for her to know she can breathe and she is safe and secure.
Even though the fetus inside me is terrified she's not going to survive and that's she's going to die, I now choose for her to know she's totally safe and secure and it's safe to release that terror, it's safe to release that fear.
As my client had a strong emotional reaction to all the above routines we then did a Residual Issues on each of the aspects raised and once again monitored her unique breath reaction to each of the tapping points. My client was pleased to report a greatly diminished reaction on all of the points.
We then did another tapping routine reiterating all the previous aspects covered in order to address any tail enders which may still remain. After this my client reported having no breath reaction on any of the tapping points. She also reported that she now felt reasonably sure these issues had been cleared. However to double check we did another round of Residual Issues on each of the aspects raised in her previous and current session, but she again reported having no emotional breath reaction on any of the points. My client also reported that in all the time she has been doing EFT she has never experienced such a big release of energy.
We are now planning to move to the next step and address the possible emotions attached to her 29 hour birth process and the additional trauma of being immediately separated from her mother after her birth.
Please note that everyone has their own unique way of releasing emotion. Some people yawn, others feel pins and needles or waves of emotions. Some people feel no reaction at all and only know EFT has worked for them when they experience the benefits after their session.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.