- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
When discussing traumatic birth experiences, we usually think of the effect on the child. By contrast, Gillian Wightman from Scotland helps a mother through her many difficulties emanating from this experience.
Alison made an appointment with me, as she was interested in trying EFT for physical and mental exhaustion and symptoms which sounded like candida or food intolerance. She was very open to the idea that even if she did have candida there might be an emotional reason behind it. However she had no real idea what it could be as she was sure nothing really had happened to her.
On thinking about it she realised that her symptoms started and her confidence waned after her son's very difficult birth (after which the medical people took him away for awhile). Having had two pretty traumatic deliveries myself I am familiar with the negative effects on a woman's confidence, self-esteem and health. She said that nearly every woman goes through labour so it’s something she just had to accept and get on with it.
However she was very distraught at this point so it was clear she had not accepted it even if she believed she should have. I let her speak at first and we picked up on some things quite quickly.
Even though they took him away from me...
Even though it was so unfair, I wish it had never happened....
She felt calmer but was now worried about the effect on her son. She realised he was also reluctant to leave her and seemed angry. I suggested she be conscious of her son’s feelings during this process as he could also benefit from the work she did about the circumstances of his birth.
We tapped for her worries about her son and a swirly feeling in her chest calmed down.
Even though it felt so out of control, I just wanted to hold onto him, I didn't want to let him go, evil people took him away, wanted to stick needles into him, I wanted to just cuddle him and feed him, I didn't believe they knew better but still I let them take him away...
The reminder phrase was 'I had no control' but as she tapped it changed to 'I have no control'.
I asked her to gauge how true “I have no control” felt and she gave it a 5 on a scale of 0 to 10, and then said, “In the middle, mediocre, just like me!” She also realised that she avoided situations where she can't be heard or understood for what she believed in.
I asked her what this reminded her of and she said it was definitely the case at her son's birth. She had felt so unsafe, unheard and misunderstood. She had a Doula (independent midwife) and had planned a home birth but her baby was breech and the UK healthcare system was very opposed to the idea. Everything they wanted was against what she wanted.
At this point her intensity peaked so I asked her what she was feeling and she wanted to shout out, “Let me be me! Let me do this my way! Trust me!” So we tapped on that.
She carried on with the story, in a calm quiet voice. She gave into the pressure, there was so much and she wanted a water birth. As that was the only part of her birth plan left to her, because of the pressure she was determined to have it. Her intensity was rising so I got her to tap telling the story.
The contractions stopped and the cord had looped which was the worst thing to happen in a birthing pool. The baby couldn't breathe and the Doula saved the day by getting her out of the water and into a different position which got the contractions going again. Her baby had an Apgar score of 1 (it should be 10), and appeared lifeless. Four hours later his breathing failed and she had to hand him over to the doctor for admission to the Sick Kids Unit. She said she was a failure; she had believed that if she held him close to her and kept him warm he would have been ok and yet she let them take him away. We tapped:
Even though I was disappointed, I knew what I wanted, nobody around me would give me full support to do what I needed to do. Not a single midwife would support me...
Even though I gave into their pressure and went to the hospital...
Even though I insisted on a water birth against their advice because I wanted to have one thing that I wanted...
Even though I let him go when I knew if I kept him close to me he would be ok...
I rechecked her statement “I am a failure” and she said this was not true, she knew she had done her best. However she now had a deep feeling of sadness, which was an 8 on a scale of 0 to 10.
I asked whether she thought she could get over the sadness of this event and she said she didn't believe she should. Further questioning revealed that she felt afraid to lose “the me that I know, comfortable, familiar, self-doubting me.”
I asked whether this feeling was there before the birth and she realised the sadness was comfortable, and stopped her from making mistakes. I asked her to remember an earlier time when she had made a mistake. She had a memory about her dad being really angry with her which felt a level of intensity of 6 out of 10.
We used the Movie Technique and brought the memory down to 1 out of 10 but it wouldn't budge from there. She realised she didn't want it to be 0 as she would have nothing to hide behind. We tapped for I need to hide behind this sadness to stop me making mistakes… I checked the statement “I might make mistakes,” and she laughed and said, “So what, I'll be ok.”
I checked on the statements “I had no control” and “I had no choice” and they were both ok, possibly 0 out of 10. However “They took him away” was still a level of intensity of 1 out of 10. So I asked is this REALLY ok and her anger spiked up. She was still very angry about the Irish lady doctor who had taken her son away … about her manner and the way she had spoken to and treated Alison. She felt this anger in her chest. She enjoyed a good ranting tapping about this doctor, really getting into the feeling. Her chest felt clear and the anger subsided to a level of intensity of 0 out of 10.
She went still and quiet and I could see she was in tears. She lifted her head, and said, almost with awe, “I can see my son quite differently now, I sense a much closer bond with my son!” She realized that the relationship with her son was very challenging, a different one in quality from the one she had with her daughter, and she did feel uncomfortable with him. She was sure this had changed. We finished the session on “I choose to feel free and fluid” and she left feeling relaxed and relieved of a burden.
She sent an email the next day to say she felt great and that her son had gone to school happily … there was a definite shift in their relationship … she felt he was less angry and she was much more relaxed.
She has just phoned for a follow-up appointment as she now realises she does have some issues she would like to work through. However, her relationship with her son is quite different, relaxed, open and loving.
She also told me that an independent midwife wants to meet me to discuss using EFT to help mothers after childbirth and with feeding issues. She also said she felt this story was important to other mothers and I would add fathers as well. Working with my own husband on his feelings about the births and arrivals of our sons (fear, panic, sense of responsibility, helplessness, loss of freedom) has improved the relationships in our family greatly. Ours may have been a very different story without EFT in our lives, one I don't even want to think about!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.