- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
People molested in childhood carry many limits and beliefs with them into adulthood. This all-too-common problem is expertly handled by Deborah Miller from Mexico.
Many people are confused about relationships and sexual preferences without understanding the implications of past experiences on current choices. This case shows how a childhood experience affected a man’s belief about himself and his relationships.
Deborah Miller, Ph.D.
Miguel, a 39-year-old Mexican man, didn’t know what to do in his relationship with his girlfriend. She loves him and he cares deeply for her. It bothers him that he may be hurting her because of his uncertainty. He feels his past is influencing him.
In addition, Miguel has problems relating to people, things go wrong, everything goes black, and no one comes close to him as if he had a black aura. He can be very cheerful, but gets depressed. He went to neurotics anonymous without success.
His past includes a divorced mother who remarried when he was 5. He was sent to live with his grandparents on their farm after his mother remarried because his stepfather didn’t want the previous five children around. His mother had 3 more children after remarrying. He felt rejected from the time he was sent to live with his grandparents.
He never felt welcome at his grandparents’ because his cousins treated him as if he was the “bad one.” His grandparents basically used him as “help,” sending him out to the fields to take care of the cows. When Miguel was 7-8 years old the teenage boy in charge of the cows sexually violated him. (He had kept this secret until we worked together with EFT). After that experience he felt he never had a choice (meaning sexually and in life decisions).
We tapped on the following childhood traumas:
- His mother leaving him with his grandparents when he was so young.
- Being rejected by her and the new stepfather as well as his biological father.
- Feeling lonely, missing his mother intensely, sadness, self-blame, and fear.
- His grandparents not taking good care of him; he was just another mouth to feed.
- Guilt, being there but without rights, the hurt.
- Feeling marked for life because of his childhood experiences, the sexual abuse.
- He is black; he’s not innocent
We tapped on it not being his fault, not being the black one, freeing up the mark on him, being clean, lifting the weight of this trauma, feeling at peace, and recovering his life.
The sexual abuse occurred during the day in the fields while taking care of his grandfather’s cows. The young man was about age 15-16. They were alone that day. It was about 11 or 12 in the morning. The young man started by playing a game that ended up being sexual abuse. Miguel felt dirty so he hid this event from everyone.
There were many occasions with the young man and also with this man’s friends. These events haunted him his whole life. He’s tried to forget them but they keep returning. Miguel felt fearful, especially during the day. Back then, he only wanted to leave his grandfather’s place, but couldn’t. He felt he lost something, something important, but he didn’t know what. We tapped on:
- Forgetting something, losing something when he was 7-8 years old, but he didn’t know what.
- Losing something that day in the field. Losing his innocence. It was his and the young man didn’t have the right to steal it from him.
- Even though it happened over and over again, it doesn’t mean he is a bad. He was a child. He is innocent. He is free. He can fly. No one can pull him to the ground.
- His power is within him. He is free of guilt, sadness, anger and frustration.
- Forgiveness for himself, the young man, it began as a game and because of his innocence he didn’t understand what was happening.
- He was just a child. It wasn’t his fault. It was the young man’s fault. He didn’t get to choose.
- He is still innocent. He can heal himself. He can choose to be healthy and free.
Miguel recognized it wasn’t his fault and that the young man hadn’t made good decisions. He felt sad that he had been marked for life by the sexual abuse. The young man stole his innocence. We tapped on the girlfriend issues:
- The tenderness he feels for her; he cares but doesn’t love her.
- Wanting to respond to her in the way she deserves but doesn’t “feel” it.
- She wants to marry him. He doesn’t want to hurt her.
- Thoughts that he may be gay because of his childhood experience.
- Feeling embarrassed, marked, and rejected.
Miguel lost friends in Mexico and the US because of the anger, aggression, intolerance, and feeling of guilt he had because he had been marked for life. He felt no one wanted to get close to him because they could see his black aura, the stain from his past. We tapped on:
- His aura changing from black to grey to white.
- Released his need to think of himself as bad, as marked, and that he was clean, innocent, filled with light.
- We worked with his inner child, giving him hugs, acceptance and love.
- Finding his innocence
Now that Miguel is free of feeling stained, marked for life and has recovered his innocence, he is moving forward in life. The last time we spoke he was content and happy with himself. He was enjoying the shift in his friendships and the relationship with his girlfriend. He knows that he is improving step by step and will come to a conclusion of whether to stay with his girlfriend based on his own feelings not those of the past.
Deborah Miller, PhD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.