- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Sue Jones from Australia suffered from 13 years of daily sexual abuse and thought she had "handled it." Alas, the memories eventually became severe and troublesome and so she spent an entire year writing out her memories and using EFT on each of them (this is an interesting form of our Personal Peace Procedure). She says, "The results of that process have been profound. It is almost as if I grew up unharmed."
I was forty four when I was introduced to EFT, and although when I was first told about it I thought it sounded bizarre and not something I would want to try, I came to appreciate that after forty years, the pain I felt when I remembered my past made it worth trying anything! So I listened to a friend who valued EFT, looked at the web site, and began to try it out. I was still somewhat sceptical!
I had been a victim of thirteen years of almost daily sexual abuse by my father, coupled with the knowledge that my mother stood by and did nothing, and engaged in physical and emotional abuse of me alongside him.
The abuse began when I was four years old, and ceased when I was sixteen, when, sure I was pregnant, and more afraid of the potential consequences of not stopping him, I said 'no more'.
For the next twenty or so years I thought I was doing ok. And in many ways I was. I had trained as a Social Worker, got married, and had eight children. Our life was really pretty good, and to anyone looking from outside, we would have all seemed happy, and ok. However, when one morning my husband up and left, and I was faced with being alone, raising the children by myself, and managing the life I thought we were sharing without him, I was faced with some pretty big emotional holes to plug.
That was about three years before I came across EFT. By the time I was introduced to EFT I had done a number of things - personal and marital counselling, self help for Co-Dependant recovery, a lot of reading, post graduate study in counselling which was enlightening for me and really I had progressed in many ways. And yet....
The hardest thing for me was always the memories. I had memories I could not talk about. But which I longed to unload to someone. The problem I faced was that when I tried to share these memories, people around me mostly didn't really have the capacity to hear - often saying things like 'don't feel you have to talk about it - its so painful for you'. And so the memories stayed firmly tucked away in my own head where they were 'safe' Or perhaps where others were safe from them. But keeping them to myself meant that I was locked in with them. They were always there for me. Memories that made me uncomfortable in a myriad of circumstances. Memories that would be touched by current events, triggering painful emotions. And there were so many memories.
Year before I had considered and even begun writing a book, but the project was, frankly, too painful for me to complete.
After I was introduced to EFT everything changed. Gary, even writing this brings tears to my eyes as I remember the pain I used to live with, which is now gone.....totally gone. I am a different person. And I have finally been able to write my book.
What I did was to spend about a year. Yes, a year. Each day (well each evening after I got the children all to bed) I wrote. And then I tapped through every memory I had written about. I found that it was essential to not tap generally on being abused, but to name every single event that happened to me, and every emotion that came to mind as I tapped on each event. Sometime I came to a block. At those times I did tap generally, 'even though I can't remember what happened...I feel uncomfortable when I remember that car...' This often unlocked feelings and then I was able to make links to things I did remember that clarified what had hurt me.
I did not, in this process, recover lost memories. I was always fully aware of what I had suffered. What did happen though is that I became more aware of the feelings attached to the events, and became clearer about what I had actually felt. My feelings, as I was living with the abuse, were always pushed aside - in many cases totally abandoned. It was the only way I was able to continue living within my family while still being abused. As I tapped on a specific event, I would start to become aware of feelings I would surely have had, but suppressed all my life until then. And it was tapping on those feelings that brought the most amazing results.
I also found that I could tap retrospectively. What I mean by that, is that I found I would sometimes remember a feeling I had had when I was 6, or 10 or whatever, and then I would focus on myself as I was then, clothes I wore, places I lived, get a very clear mental picture of myself at that age, and then tap as if I was tapping at that time. The results of that process have been profound. It is almost as if I grew up unharmed.
Gary, what I have got out of my use of EFT leaves me speechless. I really am a new person, and so thankful that I had to courage to try something that seemed strange!
My book, to be called MILES AWAY is almost ready for publication. And I will refer to EFT in the acknowledgements, because it was only through knowing that I could tap away each memory, that I could write about them. And it was only in writing them down that I could finally get them out of my head. Sharing my story with the world was made possible through EFT and I will be forever thankful.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.