- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Lori and Brad Gilbert's new baby needed surgery to survive. The surgery trauma, however, was still causing the baby much distress when back at home. Note how Lori and Brad resolved this trauma by tuning into their child and intuiting what likely happened in the operating room. This story could be the launching pad to take you to the next level in your EFT skills. Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
My second child was born at home wonderfully, with my husband holding me, and midwives delivering our son Ariel Jarod, who appeared to be very normal, healthy and vibrant. However, when he was 8 weeks old he began vomiting and it was green, because bile was coming up.
I was breastfeeding and he could not hold down a meal. He was getting dehydrated so we took him to the doctor, who immediately sent us to the hospital. (We had tried EFT surrogately for Ari, regarding the vomiting and his being allergic to something in my milk, but it had not helped.)
After two days of tests, including X-rays, CT scans, upper and lower GI tests, the doctors had concluded our baby's small intestine was obstructed due to his having congenital malrotated intestines. He needed surgery or else the obstruction could occur again and he could die. What was even scarier was that he had a mass on his liver and they would not be able to tell whether it was cancerous until they did surgery.
Those ten days we spent in the pediatric ICU in the hospital were probably the most stressful days we have ever had. I can't say that we did much EFT during that time, because we just didn't remember to. Although when I look back now, I know we should have! It was as if we couldn't even think of it.
We have worked on the incident on ourselves later, to help remove that very stressful event from our energy systems, but I don't think every aspect has quite been cleared. Things come up once in a while and we tap on them then, as they are tied to other events too.
However, we prayed so much at the hospital, and asked just about everyone we knew to pray for Ari too. I do believe those prayers helped so much because Ari's surgery went so well, that he did not even have to have a blood transfusion, and the anesthesiologist had guaranteed us that everyone who undergoes surgery to the liver ends up with a blood transfusion.
Well, Ari was his first example that it is not always true. They removed the mass on Ari's liver, which was benign, and did a routine procedure that helps put the intestines into a position that they will work correctly, reducing the risk of obstruction (although they are not put into normal anatomical position.) Ari had a very long incision across his abdomen for all this.
After the surgery, we were in the hospital by Ari's side until he was released. He was healing up well, but after we returned home, we noticed that we could not put Ari down on the changing table to change his diaper or clothes, lying on his back. He would let out a blood-curdling scream and cry until we picked him up and he was out of that position. We literally had to bundle his arms up to his sides to calm him down enough to change his diaper. The pain medications they gave us to give him did not seem to help. Tapping on him about his potential pain did not seem to help either.
This kept on for many days before I got a clue that lying on his back on the changing table was the same position he was in for the surgery. Could he have been screaming because that position of lying on his back, helpless, was when they cut him open for his surgery? Well, this looked like a tappable issue to try.
Being an acupuncturist, I see people all the time who have blockages in their meridians due to surgeries. I believe that surgeries, even when the conscious mind is asleep under anesthesia, still cause the same energy blockages in the body that would have happened if the person were awake - helpless, in pain, out of control of what is happening to them, terrified, and perhaps other things, like what were the doctors and nurses saying about the patient which they could hear.
These things affect the patient very dramatically in such situations. We know even babies in the womb are aware of when others are talking about them and they react with changes in their biochemistry, movement, etc. We intellectually knew that Ari needed to have the surgery to save his life, but knowing that still doesn't change how the emotional body reacts to trauma.
So, I began to tap on myself for Ari on the changing table while Daddy was changing him. Sometimes my husband did the tapping while I had Ari on the table for changing. In between the changings as we thought of other things, we tapped for Ari. We did things like,
Even though I was so scared when the doctors cut me open, I am OK now.
Even though I felt so abandoned when Mommy and Daddy left me with the strange doctors...
Even though the doctors cut me open, and no one rescued me...
Even though they hurt me so badly...
Even though Mommy and Daddy were so scared for me and I took this on as my own fear...
Even though I had no control over what was happening to me...
Even though I was so terrified and helpless...
Even though there were such scary voices, noises and lights...
Even though no one could protect me from their knives...
We had to use our imaginations to come up with a lot of this, because we were not allowed in the surgery room, so could not see what was happening to Ari at that time.
Within two days of doing these rounds of EFT for Ari, he started to relax a lot more when he was on the changing table, acting more like he did before the surgery. He could lie on his back then and just be quiet while we changed him, without us having to bundle him. He no longer made his blood-curdling screams. Of course, this helped us relax more too (especially for those middle-of-the-night diaper changes!)
A couple months later I got a copy of the surgeon's report of exactly what they did during Ari's surgery. We then went through and did more tapping for Ari about the specifics of what had happened, like the laser scalpel they used on his liver and the cutting of the mesentery when they were moving his intestines around. This was just to help "clean up" other aspects of the surgery that may or may not have had any impact on Ari. But he still was fine when on the changing table - the problem never came back.
We try EFT for our children on just about everything - since they are little, they just can't articulate the problem and we just have to figure it out ourselves! It does help a lot of the time! Thank you for this wonderfully amazing tool.
Lori and Brad Gilbert
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.