- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
JoAnn SkyWatcher gives us a helpful step-by-step trip through a successful EFT session for accident trauma. Note how the physical problems subsided and re-appeared at a later time. This is usually evidence that there are more aspects to address.
Recently I participated in a 3-day workshop and really got to know the participants. It was truly an amazing weekend, and one of the highlights is that we would quickly come to miss the presence of someone if they weren't there.
One day we were startled to hear that “Sarah,” one of the participants, had been in a car accident on her way home from the workshop the day before. Her car had been hit by a drunk driver, and she was in the hospital. Fortunately she had not been seriously injured, and was able to make it to the end of the workshop that afternoon. I decided to volunteer my EFT services and we worked by telephone the next day.
Before the call I went to the archives of the EFT website and searched for "car accident" in order to get a sense of what other practitioners had done (because I hadn't dealt with the particular trauma of a recent car accident).
I asked Sarah to describe what she saw, heard and felt during the accident. I also asked her about her fears and other feelings. I also asked her to give the accident a name - like the name of a movie. I then asked her about the pain she was having in her neck: the color (red); shape (triangular); texture (striated muscle); sound (Ahhh!!!-screaming); temperature (hot) … and a rating of the level of intensity of the pain which was 7 on a scale of 0 to 10.
I bundled together all of the aspects of the car accident and Sarah titled it “sucks”. So, I asked her to tap on her karate chop point while she said her set-up phrase.
Even though I was in a sucky car accident…
Even though I was really scared by being in this sucky car accident…
Even though it was really scary being in this sucky car accident…
Then we did one round of tapping through the different points, saying, Sucky car accident! The next couple of rounds she repeated the following phrases that described what she had sensed while tapping on each point:
I was driving through the intersection
I heard tires squealing
And thought that was not a good noise
I saw the teal blur coming at me
I first thought nothing would happen
I felt the impact of the car hitting the back left wheel
I'm getting hit and the car is spinning
I smell the airbag going off
It smells like gunpowder
I hear the sound of braking glass
I hear the sound of the impact
The squealing tires and the smack
Like a smack across the face
The car is spinning around 180 degrees
My glasses get knocked off
My vision is blurry
I see him drive off
I heard my neighbors talking
I am pissed that he drove off.
The tapping brought her level of intensity down from 7 out of 10 to 3 for the trauma of the car accident. I then asked her about the pain in her neck, which dropped from 7 to 5 out of 10 (without directly working on the pain in her neck). We tapped on he trauma of the accident, and when the level of intensity dropped for that, I checked to see how the pain in the neck was doing.The pain dropped right along with the level of intensity of the trauma.
We continued tapping for the trauma of the sucky car accident. Her level of intensity went to 2 out of 10 and then almost to zero. However, the pain in her neck only dropped to 4 out of 10. I asked Sarah to look inside and see if there was something that she had overlooked. She realized that she was feeling angry and embarrassed.
So, we tapped on her anger and embarrassment for a couple of rounds, and her level of intensity remained the same. I asked if there was anything else that she was feeling. She reported feeling some guilt about the accident, even though it wasn't her fault. So, I tried using humor, and had her yell loudly about how guilty she was for driving the car. At each point, I asked her to yell louder.
I think the yelling helped because her level of intensity dropped to 1 out of 10 for the trauma of the sucky accident, and the pain in her neck dropped to 2 out of 10. Next, I asked her to do the 9-gamut and it brought her level of intensity to 0 out of 10 for the trauma, though the pain in her neck remained at 2 out of 10. It only took two more rounds of tapping directly for the pain in her neck bring it to zero.
The first twenty minutes of the session I used to learn about all aspects of the accident, and how she felt about it, and to describe the pain in her neck. Then we tapped for about thirty minutes to dissolve the trauma of the accident itself. We only spent five minutes directly tapping for the pain in her neck, and in less than one hour, both the trauma of the accident and the pain in her neck were completely gone.
It has been a month since Sarah was in the accident. We communicated by email today. I asked how she is doing, and she responded, "I'm feeling pretty good. My body still gets tired very easily but better each week. I'm having pain now (when I do have it) right behind my heart, at my sacrum and sometimes also in my neck. One good thing is that in my last visit to my chiropractor I had no upper cervical stuff to be worked on, which was the first time probably ever!"
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.