- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This article should be of major interest to those looking for ways to locate core issues. With diligence use of the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and some of our other techniques, Rebecca Gurland locates many traumatic issues and collapses them all. Very instructional.
I am the person who very hesitantly sent you a handwritten note about a year ago. Writing to thank you, and actually mailing it was difficult. I couldn't seem to get over the issue that turned out to be a "big" one for me. It started out to be about inhibitions to writing and posting on the internet, and ultimately this was about reaching out further. I am now reaching out much further than I ever thought possible, thanks to EFT. As I felt ready to share my EFT adventure with you and this awesome EFT community, I didn't know where to start. Although now that I've started writing…!
With the free downloaded manual to the basic course, I became intrigued by the perceptions realized. I started tapping on everything and then had to get the DVDs! There were some great "one minute wonders" for others and myself. Yet I was not able to post any question or comment on the forums and discussion groups. I had frustration with myself going up to an intensity level of 8 out of 10. Hmmm, maybe I had some big tabletops and psychological reversals going on here - so I made my list of bothersome memories for the Personal Peace Procedure.
"The time I was embarrassed in front of English class in high school" was a likely place to start. After tapping, what a great feeling it was to go back and imagine the incident again - very vividly, and find that I was laughing with the class!
I still wasn’t posting to the forums though. So I went to, “Even though my friends wrote their term papers like a breeze and I labored over mine..." This was another likely one to collapse and I tapped and tapped and felt better and better, yet, still no posting.
So I checked that list again. Oh, here it was, my big trauma had been stuffed away for 50 years (a 16 year old boy tried to rape my 13 year old sister in front of me).
Using the Movie Technique, I titled my movie "The boy with the knife" and subtitled it, "my mother said never talk about this with anyone." I couldn't say the title out loud without getting to an intensity level of 10 out of 10 (heart pounding and tears starting). Thank you, thank you, and thank you, Gary, especially for Borrowing Benefits. When fears, confusion and angers are released, suddenly it becomes obvious that they have been inhibiting in many ways!
There were many crescendos in what seemed to be 10-minute terrifying movie. As the borrowing benefits series progressed, I watched and tapped and cried and hugged myself. When I worked on the "my mother said never talk about it to anyone" movie, I found myself talking in a child's voice, Even though my mommy won't let me ask questions.
In my movie I began to tell a few friends about the incident and noticed when there was a little heart pounding at some point - there was another aspect to address with EFT. The incident was bigger than life and I was right there. I kept tapping on aspects and remembered details. Revelations came to me about what I was still carrying from that time. I had been tapping on forgiving my mother, understanding her inhibitions and protectiveness. I found that first I did have to get in touch with, and then release, the anger about not being able to talk about it.
Then the memory started to become hazy and I watched a little girl who was really scared, then run home unhurt! It was time to test to see if there was remaining fear. I piled some blankets against the wall in the bedroom to be the embankment the boy made us sit against in the woods. Yikes, a 10!
My shoulders were up to my ears as I crouched in terror (Well, I had been consciously and unsuccessfully trying to relax my shoulders for years, using EFT too). Then I worked on …
“Even though I am carrying a 6 years old's terror in my shoulders…” and
“Even though I don't want to hear what's going on…”
Now this has made some difference! There is a more then 50-year habit to consider, yet now I notice many times that my shoulders are relaxed!
I was still feeling frustrated about my inhibition to post on these discussion groups. At that point I tried, with lots of emphasis and a few more descriptive words …
"Even though I am too stupid to ever be able to communicate this way...’
I did a few rounds, adding more tapping points. Right then a realization struck: "it isn't that I can't post, it's just not the right time." Wow! I noticed a great feeling of happy relief. No pressure now, just knowing that the time would be right at some point. Soon after that I participated in a chat room with ease - and it was fun!
Gosh, this was great! I told my son that this technique is so awesome that I have to share it more; it needs a website so I can write about it. He offered his technical help and I went off to find a domain name. A whole website started growing before I realized that I was writing on it every day- really reaching out! I started telling people that it was there, even knowing that there was lots of editing and additions needed. I was saying, “this is unbelievable”- then I realized that I do believe! “It’s amazing”!
Someone saw the site, and called me to say there’s lots of good info there, can I write an article for the small local paper? I almost said, “I can't write.” Then I heard myself say, “Sure, I can adapt a page from the site!” This has turned into a series of articles. The premise of the website is inspired by you Gary. It’s the 5 major doors of healing (that you mention in FAQ about healing serious diseases). This is such a great understanding, and as I write, more doors and keys are discovered! I became aware of the connection between all of my areas of interest: accessing abundant energy! I'm positively energized!
Thank you Gary, and thanks to all your inspirational contributors,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.