- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here is a masterful piece of EFT work by Shelley Hawkins-Clark. Note how she steps through the various issues with her badly abused male client.
At the urging of his caring and generous mother-in-law, a client came to me recently seeking help for a feeling of being shut down, depressed and struggling in his marriage. He wanted to be able to communicate better with his wife and daughters, feel more confident and “not be miserable.” He’d become afraid of his own anger. He is in another part of the United States, so we worked completely by phone. He was very skeptical of EFT while also hoping it would help.
In each of 3 sessions, I addressed significant issues with him. As a child, he was sexually abused, forced to watch his sister’s rape by his stepbrother, and sent to a boy’s home where he was further physically and sexually abused. He is now in his early 30s and just over a year ago, his sister was brutally murdered and the one responsible has gone unpunished. You might imagine the soup of emotion that had been stewing over the years.
I asked him what pressed on him the most. He wanted to begin with his sister’s murder. I started with the movie technique to bring the general anxiety down, then we addressed individual aspects of the event; his guilt that he couldn’t do anything about it, anger that the guy got away with it, not able to forgive himself for not helping her when she recently asked, the sadness, loss, the fact that her son won’t know her. This event was completely neutralized in the first session.
In the second session, I followed up with questions about his sister’s murder. He said he had to “make himself think about it” during the week to see if it bothered him. He had no reaction to it. He then wanted to address his anger. He felt he didn’t have a right to feel angry and didn’t trust himself with his anger. He felt guilt for breaking a guy’s nose a few years earlier and not going to jail. I started to address the pieces here: regret, guilt, should have been punished, fear of expressing anger. Each one was coming down in intensity beginning from around 6-8 out of 10. As these came down, the door opened (as EFT has a way of doing) to working on the sexual abuse.
The remainder of the session, we addressed the rape of his sister. I used the movie technique extensively so that he would not have to talk or think about it, addressing the general anxiety at first, which was a 10. When his general anxiety about the “Psychotic Stepbrother” movie was nearly a 0, I moved to each crescendo until each was eliminated.
To test whether any anxiety still remained, I asked if he was comfortable telling me the story of what happened. He thought that would be fine, since running the movie through his mind no longer caused any emotional response. Some slight response arose as he remembered a couple more details while telling it out loud. I addressed each of these remnants and asked him to tell me the story again.
After telling me the story, I asked him if at any point in the story anything still bothered him. Intuitively, I usually know whether there is anything remaining, but I like to double check by asking my clients. It also opens the door for new aspects and avenues to show themselves. It was silent for a long moment and finally he said, “just a minute, I’m still looking for it.” Then he remarked that he felt bewildered. “Wow, I’ve been carrying this all my life and now it’s gone.”
In the third session, we began addressing physical and sexual abuse that he experienced at home and at the boy’s ranch. We started again with a combination of the movie technique and the tearless trauma technique, with titles such as “Freaks R Us,” and “The Ranch.”
The pain around these events neutralized until we came to a particular occurrence of sexual abuse. It would not budge. Intuitively, I asked if he struggled with addressing this with me, as a woman. Indeed, addressing the issue at all, but especially with a woman practitioner, felt embarrassing and stressful, even though we were again using the movie technique where nothing is being described.
I ignored the sexual abuse event and directed the tapping completely on the aspects of the shame, embarrassment and other feelings associated with even thinking about addressing this with me. Once these pieces were cleared, I went back to address the sexual abuse. Without tapping on any piece of the actual event, the entire event had collapsed. Afterward, he described what took place and was free of emotional charge.
Many weeks later, I started working with his wife as a client and asked how he was doing. We never know exactly how our new freedom will take form when we free up emotional/energetic fuel stores that have been trapped in us. Often it is like an “awakening.” Here is some of what she emailed to me.
“Here’s my husband’s story from a grateful wife’s eyes! For the last three years my husband was among the walking dead. He was constantly sullen, unkempt, defensive about every little thing and especially cold to my advances, emotionally or physically. He was never intentionally mean or combative, just very apathetic to the world around him, including me and our infant daughter.
Generally, when he got home from work, he either slept on the couch until dinner or zoned out in front of the television. There was MINIMAL conversation other than ‘How was your day,’ and he seemed to rarely laugh. As a counselor in the substance abuse field, I easily recognized the ‘clinically depressed-type’ symptoms. It was like living with a zombie; he was miserable to live with. […After his sister was murdered] I helplessly watched him descend into complete despair and hopelessness.
After completing the three sessions in about 3 weeks, he started to act a bit differently. The last few [weeks] have been incredible. He is a completely different person. He is motivated at work, he helps around the house, TV doesn’t seem to be a huge interest to him, he helps me cook dinner, he plays with our 14-month [old] daughter and shows great interest in how we’re doing while he’s at work. He tells really funny jokes and has a great laugh! I never knew he could be so funny! He has started to care about his appearance and at the latest wedding we went to, I didn't have to prompt him to wear his suit!
He communicates with me so much more and on deeper levels than before. I really feel like I'm getting to know him all over again!
He is self-motivated to take care of chores instead of me begging him over and over again to do something. He communicates with me about plans for the future, seems very much more interested in my current pregnancy and seeks me out for dates and intimate time! The depression truly seems to have lifted off of his back and he seems to be able to focus on goals and objectives much better than before. I can't tell you how different he is - it is truly like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, except now I have the good guy around all the time!
Admittedly, I wondered if it was EFT that did the trick and asked him what made him change, he succinctly said - ‘God brought me to EFT, and EFT opened my eyes and brought me back to God.’ Wow. I'm a believer.”
Me too, Gary, me too.
By Shelley Hawkins-Clark
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.