- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Have you ever had a problem with finding an emotional issue that may be underlying a physical symptom? Try guessing. This is a serious suggestion because within your guesses lie your intuition and guidance. I have often found that guessing opens up new doors wherein EFT can provide its benefits.
Mara Protas, RN had a severe car accident in 1977 which left her with an inflexible right elbow. She couldn't find an emotional driver behind the problem so simply guessed at it. The result was a substantial flexibility improvement. Intuition and guessing can be very important and thus studying this article is likely to help you expand your EFT skills.
At a recent workshop, I shared the following story with several of the participants and was encouraged to write about it for others to read. I hesitated to do this in the past for a couple of reasons. First of all, while the results were really dramatic and life changing for me, I did not think that it showed a new way of doing things, and secondly, I didn't have complete resolution of the problem.
GC COMMENT: Please note that EFT does not always give COMPLETE resolution on everything. There are many occasions where partial relief is achieved and that is to be welcomed. In my experience, however, it is often fruitful to persist with EFT in such cases. Sometimes a new door is entered and further benefits accrue.
MARA CONTINUES: However, it does illustrate the effectiveness of Stacey Vornbrock's protocol for Range of Motion (ROM, the importance of persistence and dealing with ALL the aspects, and I think most telling for me was the fact that I now have no perceptible emotional intensity when thinking or talking about the car accident in which all this happened. I drive past the site without any reaction, and have no flashbacks.
However, I still had some physical problems with my elbow, which limited me in a number of ways, but I thought of them as minor inconveniences. That changed on Feb 9th when I read Stacey's article. Let me give you some background.
In 1977, when I was 6 months pregnant with my son, I was involved in a pretty bad car accident. I was turning left into the parking lot of my local grocery store, and was hit almost broadside by a drunk driver going 100 miles per hour. The force of the accident was so great that my seatbelt (still buckled) ripped and I was thrown under the front dashboard of the passenger side of the car.
My right humerus was shattered. My arm was at an unusual angle and I could see the bone sticking out above my elbow, but could not move my arm. The car from that point back was crushed in half. Luckily, I was pulled from the car by an off duty sheriff, and he put a tourniquet on my arm to stop the bleeding.
I was taken to the local hospital and subsequently transferred to the hospital where my OB/GYN practiced. During the transfer I started having labor contractions. I had surgery to set the bone and was in mild labor for 4 days. I had nerve damage, and was in a hanging cast from my shoulder to my hand for 8 weeks. I also had radial nerve damage and could not open my hand. The cast came off about 2 weeks before my son was born. Luckily he was healthy and normal in every way.
After about 6 months, the nerve regenerated and I had movement in my hand. However I could not bend my elbow. Nine months after the accident, I still had only 30 degrees of flexion in my elbow, and could not straighten it all the way either. I had another surgery to remove the head of the radius, (the large bone in the forearm) which allowed more movement, and over the next year I regained much more range of motion in my elbow. I learned to compensate for the things I could not do, and used my left arm a lot. When I learned EFT I was able to finally move my arm in a scrubbing motion like washing your car. Over the past 4 years I have used EFT for any issue I could think of to try to get full ROM in my arm.
When I saw Stacey's article, I couldn't wait to try her protocol, but I made myself wait until I got to work, and I had the Director of Physical Therapy measure my elbow flexion with a goniometer. The right arm measured 120 degrees, compared to 140 degrees on the left. I told her I would be back in about 15 minutes to measure it again. She said, "Oh yeah....What are you going to do in 15 minutes that will make a difference?" I said that I didn't know, but I was going to try something. I went into my office and started tapping.
"Even though I have this trauma in every cell of my elbow.... " and then at each point, "this trauma in every cell of my elbow, this trauma in every tissue of my elbow, this trauma in every nerve and so on with every tendon, every muscle, every bone, every fluid, every fascia, every ligament."
Then I did the round for an emotion. I didn't feel any emotional intensity UNTIL I GUESSED at what might be something that I would be upset about. When I said, " Even though HE (the other driver) got off scott free, and I'm still dealing with the aftermath 28 years later." I DID get an intensity... about a 5.
So I did EFT for this anger in every cell of my elbow, every fluid, every tissue etc.. and it came down to 0. I then did a round for the memory of protection in each of those areas. It took less than 10 minutes. I went back and had her measure it again and it was 128 degrees!
I was so excited, that I went home that night and tapped for several other guesses. The next day the physical therapist in my department measured it and it was 130 degrees. I figured that might just be difference in the person measuring. So I went home that night and did EFT for some more issues, again just guesses. I emailed Stacey to thank her and she suggested that I do a round for guilt, even though the accident wasn't my fault. I did and also tapped for anything I could think of that I might have felt at the time. I didn't have any emotional intensity levels on them, but I did it anyway..
The next morning I had the Director of Physical Therapy measure it again and it was 136 degrees. I also have more ROM in lots of other directions. I was on cloud nine for a couple of weeks. I kept finding things I could do that I hadn't been able to do for 28 years...put on a necklace, brush my teeth with my head facing straight ahead, push doors open with my hand in a natural position, turn over in bed without having to pull my arm in under me to push up, hang up clothes in my closet with my right arm.... and the best part was not thinking about my arm every time I went to do something. It is now almost 6 months later and I still have not been able to get the last few degrees. I know in my heart that it is possible and I keep trying. Perhaps I should guess again (smile).
In the meantime, I am so thankful for Stacey Vornbrock's article, for EFT and for my newly acquired mobility.
Mara Protas, RN, BSN, EFT_CC, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.