- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT for our Emergency First Responders
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Maiyah Olivas graces us with an EFT story that will help us bring relief to our traumatized emergency first responders such as Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, Firefighters, Coast Guard personnel, and Police Officers. How many lives could you transform by replicating Maiyah's efforts?
Like many people, I am very grateful for the work that our First Responders (Emergency Medical Technicians, paramedics, firefighters, Coast Guard personnel, and police officers) do for our communities.
Also, having dealt with PTSD myself, I am particularly happy to help others transform their emotional lives with EFT and other energy therapies. In this case, an 18 year old EMT had been plagued with PTSD for 6 months after seeing her first "hanger" -- a suicide victim who had committed suicide via strangling with a noose.
I used the client's spiritual belief in angels and an Infinite Source of Divine Love to construct a scene that aided her healing tremendously. I have clients from widely different spiritual backgrounds, and I always ask them what guiding force, if any, they feel comfortable receiving help from.
"Allie" (not her real name) was an emotional wreck with all the classic signs of PTSD that, as she put it, "were ruining my life: school, work, relationships, health."
1) repeated flashbacks to the scene of trauma;
2) insomnia for over 6 months;
3) crying often without warning;
4) feelings of anguish, hopelessness, sadness, grief, confusion, pain and despair;
5) inability to concentrate on school;
6) afraid to be alone;
7) keeping the TV and lights on constantly in an effort to distract herself from the flashbacks and feelings;
8) loss of appetite, lack of energy, dramatic unhealthy weight loss, bad skin, brittle hair;
She'd been referred to her school's guidance counselor for sessions, that she said had not helped. Older, more experienced EMTs were sympathetic, but had no real answers for her except "It gets better eventually."
I asked her if she'd be willing to try some alternative methods and learn some self-tapping. We ran through the following set up statements:
Even though I feel helpless and weak...
Even though I should be able to deal with this alone...
Even though I am angry that I just can't get over it...
Even though I feel lost and confused...
Even though I feel like a "loser" and a "weakling"...
Even though I am not sure this weird tapping will help me I understand that I'm doing the best I can and forgive myself. I am willing for my energy to shift and changes to happen.
We used EFT on the specifics of her experience, using the Movie Technique and the Tearless Trauma Technique. I only used EB, SE, UE, UN, CH, CB, UA, and TOP OF HEAD with this client.
Even though I saw this... I'm free to let go of that memory now ... I'm free to let go of all those painful feelings now.
Then we introduced Choice and Possibility.
I allow myself to choose to feel alive and joyful from now on.
I allow myself to choose to shift my energy whenever I want to from painful to joyful.
I allow myself to choose to use all my experiences to increase my wisdom and compassion to separate my wisdom from painful feelings to let go of painful feelings and integrate my experiences in a healthy way that benefits me and others.
Finally we did a round for Gratitude and Appreciation.
I give thanks and appreciation that the victim is being taken care of by angels. (Allie found a great deal of comfort in the concept of angels and we created a scene where the victim's ghost was surrounded by angels who accompanied her to a Source of Divine Love where she communicated with the souls of the family and friends who were mourning her loss).
I give thanks and appreciation that the victim is surrounded by the light of Divine Love and healed of all their pain.
I give thanks and appreciation that the victim is is free of all negative consequences of their actions.(some of Allie's family members believe that suicide victims are punished for taking their own lives)
I give thanks and appreciation that I am free to love myself and others in healthy ways.
I give thanks and appreciation that I am free to fulfill my potential and help others with the wisdom I've gained from this experience.
I give thanks and appreciation that I can support others in their struggles and let them support me so that similar situation can be prevented.
I give thanks and appreciation that I am one with the light of Divine Love, whether I remember it or not (she circled her Sore Spot for this statement).
I give thanks and appreciation that I am attended at all times by loving angels who guide and protect and heal me and all I meet.
I give thanks and appreciation that I am well-equipped to process my own feelings for my optimal life.
"Oh," she exclaimed. "I feel so much better. I feel so peaceful, as though her ghost had been following me around and now she's at peace. And I'm hungry for the first time in months!"
Throughout the day (we saw each other around the campground where we were both staying) she commented "I feel great! It's amazing!" Friends from her high school who were also in attendance commented on what a big change she'd made.
The next day she told me she'd slept through the night for the first time in 6 months. And not a single flashback!
"Maiyah, it's as though it was just a play that I saw. I learned a lot from it, but I'm not wounded by it anymore. I'm so grateful - you're amazing! I love you! You're one of my angels on earth!"
Thanks Gary for creating EFT and equipping me to help so many people.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.