- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Fear of dentists and oral rape
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Val Theroux generously gives permission for me to share her experience using EFT on several issues, not the least of which was her intense fear of dentists. This fear was tied to a previous oral rape which was triggered, of course, when a dentist would poke around inside her mouth.
I took my first EFT workshop with Karen Ledger in Victoria before Christmas, brought her here to Kamloops to do another workshop in February and I am now teaching EFT to small groups of people here now.
I am using it on myself daily and it has changed my life. I have a long list of personal successes including a dramatic one around dental visits. I had tried many other ways to overcome my extreme trauma (tied to an oral rape) every time I went to the dentist (I hadn't been to one for three years until my tooth abscesses in December).
Since tapping I have had five appointments with my dentist. No fear or anxiety, no body memories. In fact I now ENJOY going to the dentist!!?? Its the same kind of experience as going to the hairdressers now. I plan my appointments at the end of my work day to relax, instead of at the beginning of a day off so I could recuperate. I no longer gag, shake for three hours following a dental visit or need a blanket, gas, headphones and meditation tapes etc. (I do still accept freezing!)
My low level depression of several years duration has lifted.
I feel healthier right now than I have in years and this is usually the worst time of year for me.
My fibromyalgia is considerably improved.
I am losing weight (I need to) and my blood pressure is coming down. My side effect from the medication has left.
I am exercising 5-6 days a week instead of twice a month.
I am sleeping better and my irritable bladder has improved.
I have become a morning person. When I take work home now, it never makes it out of my bag!!??!! I feel I can be successful at last. I am starting a Masters program in five weeks.
I work with a lot of grief and loss clients and I have just begun using this with them with some incredible results. This program certainly does defy a lot of the "rules" from other traditional therapies. I also find it works well with other energy work I do, such as Healing Touch and Reiki.
I know you are very busy so I won't go on any further. Just know that I am so very grateful to have been led to this work and I hope to continue to share it with others in my daily work. Please feel free to use any part of this that may be helpful.
Love and prayers and a big hug,
Val Theroux RN BSN
Health and Grief Counsellor
Followup from Val Theroux
I have been asked by some members of the list for more detail around my freedom from dental fear, so I have explained my situation in more detail. If you would like to post it, please do so. thanks.....love and prayers..........Val Theroux RN BSN
Mine was really very simple. (I can't believe I just said that after a lifetime of trauma in the dentist's chair). I had done a lot of work using traditional therapies around my sexual abuse but obviously, although I thought I had dealt with it, my body still remembered, because every time I had an appointment, I shook for hours after and spent the rest of the day wrapped up in a blanket. When I addressed it with EFT I think I only addressed my anxiety around having people in my mouth. (I forget precisely how I addressed the anxiety!!) I do know my anxiety went from 10 - 0 and has remained there. (I had also changed to a female dentist which I believe also helped--perhaps accounting for about 10% of the relief).
I had requested 3 yrs ago to talk to the local dental hygienists meeting about what it was like to be a dental patient. Coincidentally (I don't believe in coincidences) I was invited to their meeting immediately after my first "anxiety free" appointment. I told them my story and what had helped me in the past: meditation, music, headphones, self hypnosis, blanket, gas, self Reiki treatment. I also told them about EFT and to demonstrate, I did a complete recipe, with emphasis, as I stood before them.
At my next dental visit, I "forgot" my walkman, and declined theirs. At the next appointment I wasn't feeling cold and declined the blanket. I haven't had either since. In total, I have had one appointment to "look" in my mouth and take Xrays, one appointment to pull a tooth (this was when I first used EFT and tapped in the chair) and then four appointments to clean each quarter of my mouth.
I then had a filling done at my last appointment. Before they started the filling, I said to the dentist and her assistant that I may need to stop at some point during the procedure to tap on parts of my body, as I didn't know if there would be some aspect that I had not eliminated previously. (I was curious about how I would do with a rubber dam in my mouth, which always used to panic me and make me fight gagging). When they put the dam in I had no anxiety, no gagging, but I did begin to experience something. I then realised I was angry and hated not being able to talk, so I signaled the dentist, did the set up and tapped one sequence, and then we proceeded.
As I said before. I now look forward to my appointments in much the same way that I do a hair appointment! I also no longer gag when I am brushing my back teeth and it no longer bothers me to floss. I hope this more detailed description is of value to somebody.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.