- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Rod Sherwin from Australia relieves his client of long standing emotional anguish in two EFT sessions. In the process he details his use of our very useful movie technique. At the end he says, "On a personal note, I have only recently begun working full time as an EFT practitioner and I was amazed, awed, grateful, and surprised at times during the whole process because of the depth of emotional intensity and the many, many aspects that came up and were cleared. The idea to just "keep tapping" was the core to freeing Susan to move on with her life."
I would like to share a story of a client of mine who, with the help of EFT, overcame 14 years of pent up grief and trauma about her father's death.
"Susan" came to me wanting help in figuring out why she had not been in a relationship for a long time. Susan was an attractive woman and desperately wanted a partner and children. In the first few minutes of our session, I asked how long it had been since she was in a relationship and she replied "14 years. I've been shut-down since my father's death". This was a pretty strong clue as to where to start. Susan had tried many other modalities of treatment around her father's death and had thought that it was "handled".
However, when I asked Susan to access the memory of the day her father died she could not even get the words out without breaking down into tears, even 14 years later. So we did a few rounds of tapping to handle the initial sadness and pain so that she could start to tell the story.
Susan's father had died of a heart attack without warning. Susan had received a phone call at home from her mother and rushed across town to the scene where Ambulance (Paramedics) officers were attempting to revive her father. She was in hysterics on arrival and, at first, had been prevented from getting to her father by an Ambulance officer. Then she held his hand knowing that he had already moved on and she felt hopeless and frustrated knowing there was nothing she could do. Seeing her fathers body was a terrible shock since the body did not appear to be her father.
I explained about the movie technique to Susan and asked her to start running the movie in her mind and stop whenever intensity spiked. Although, I didn't askethe length of the movie initially, over time I learned that there were several hours over which the traumatic events had taken place.
In our initial 3-hour session there were many points in the movie where Susan completely broke down and could not speak so I would tap for her. No words or scaling were needed because she was obviously at a 10 in intensity and fully tuned into the emotion.
When Susan was capable of telling me a little about the parts of the movie which were intense, there were many, many different aspects that came up, for example:
Even though my father was just lying there, ...
Even though I couldn't stand the sight of his eyes rolled up in his head,...
Even though the Ambulance Office tried to keep me from my father,...
Even though I was afraid to close my fathers eyes, I deeply love and forgive myself,...
Even though I was angry at the Ambulance officer for giving up, I forgive him.
Even though I watched my father being zipped into a black bag, ...
Even though I felt so helpless that all I could do was hold his hand and pray, I accept that I was doing the best I could, and what I did was enough.
Even though I can't accept that he is gone, I know he still loves me, is with me and I still love him.
Even though I've been beating my self up with this memory, ...
Even though I've been fighting with myself to get over this memory, ...
Many tears, tissues and deep sighs later, Susan could at least describe the order of events without breaking down.
Several times during our session, I asked if Susan wanted to take a break but she was insistent on wanting to get through this. This strength to continue was something that, later on, she was able to be grateful to her father for instilling in her.
Because of the intensity of the work we had covered in the initial 3 hours, I suggested Susan give herself time to integrate the changes and come and see me again a week or so later.
Before her return visit, I followed up with a phone call to see how she was doing. She mentioned that she had started introducing herself with a name she hadn't used for many years. I explained that this indicated some identity shifts within her and to pay attention to what else was different.
At the start of our second visit, I asked her if we could test the movie to see if there was any further emotional intensity. I only asked her to run the movie mentally first and not try to speak about it. Again, more points came up which we tapped on. Susan said that she was very surprised about the amount of detail that she could now recall about the events.
As a final test, I asked her to narrate the events to me from before she had got the initial phone call right through to the end. There were only a few remaining intensities of 2 or 3 left in the whole scene. Susan was amazed that she could work through the whole movie, frame-by-frame, like a movie director witnessing each scene with high levels of detail.
The second session was about 2 hours and at the end Susan looked at peace, felt no tension in her body and looked 10 years younger. So in only 5 hours we have unburdened 14 years of grief and trauma. Incredible!
While Susan is not yet in a relationship, she believes we have now handled a major stumbling block towards this goal.
On a personal note, I have only recently begun working full time as an EFT practitioner and I was amazed, awed, grateful, and surprised at times during the whole process because of the depth of emotional intensity and the many, many aspects that came up and were cleared. The idea to just "keep tapping" was the core to freeing Susan to move on with her life.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.