- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Mamak Shakib recounts this story of a traumatized woman who witnessed a homicide. While I often consider "client sighs" to be signs of emotional relief, Mamak points out how burps can do the same thing. This is a good insight to put in your EFT experience bag.
Joan (not her real name) is a 54 year old female that came in to my office with her 20 year old daughter. I was told the appointment was an emergency case because Joan had witnessed a homicide. Her daughter, Nicole, (not real name) expressed how her mom had not been herself, crying every minute of the waking hours which had been longer than usual due to her insomnia. The two of them looked very disturbed and out of norm.
Joan was shaky and unable to keep calm so I made her feel comfortable and explained what EFT was about. I did tell her that I did not want her to 'suffer' through telling me her 'story' just to get it off her chest. She was concerned about possibly forgetting the details of the incident as a result of her EFT sessions because she was expected to be interviewed again by the local Homicide Investigative Unit. Once I assured her that she would not forget but rather come to terms with what had transpired, we started the EFT session.
Almost EVERY memory pertaining to the day of the incident made her cry and raise the number of her level of intensity to a 10+ on a scale of 0 to 10. We'd have to tap for almost everything initially and I judged performing the Full Basic Recipe for each sentence was in order. I had to stop her many times because she wanted to tell me the whole story to get it over with while we had to stop when it was appropriate to tap.
The set up phrases had to do with the sentence that she'd share with me. At the end of the first session I took the liberty to state what I understood from her recitation of the event up to that point watching for her reaction. She seemed to be cleared or close to being cleared (1-2/10) though when asked if she planned on visiting the 'husband' of the murdered wife, she nervously stated her disinterest. On the second day, I asked HER to tell me the story she'd told me the previous day, looking for an increase in number.
At times I reminded her to watch for a 'physical' manifestation of her discomfort which was reported to be a feeling of tightness in the throat or the stomach. The challenge with Joan was the extent of mental trauma, forgetting the basic 'rules' of EFT, a non-suffering session and looking for the 'physical' signs. While looking for Joan's 'relieve' signs, I noticed that toward the last 30 minutes of the session, she apologetically burped multiple times. I had to remind them again of the different relief signs and burping being one of them. At the end of the second session, Joan felt moderate to severe nausea and her urge to vomit. I knew that we had just cleared a HUGE obstacle and her body was going through a cleansing process.
When the third session came, Joan was at a much better mental status, more content and in control. Her daughter reported her mom sleeping better and asked if it was possible for her to have relieved herself of the HUGE headache she suffered from by watching us tap and by her tapping along with us!! Laughingly I told her to consider that a 'side effect' of EFT! :-)
I asked Joan to recite her story UP TO the point she left off and noticed an emotional charge with certain issues that had gotten down to 1-2 on a scale of 0 to 10. I knew there was another aspect that we needed to clear and tuned in to my intuition and sure enough, new aspects were uncovered. I also felt that we were ready for a much 'faster' resolution of aspects and decided to do the tapping for her instead of having her recite the set up and reminder phrases. By then, I knew I could trust Joan's attention span to be back to normal and her level of participation to be satisfactory. I'd do the set up phrase and tell her to repeat after me while only thinking of the reminder phrases that I'd be tapping for. I did notice that the need to do the setup phrase for each issue every time was no longer necessary while at the beginning, her PR (psychological reversal) was inevitable throughout the session.
To my surprise, at the end of the third session, Joan brought 2 pictures of the people involved in the homicide and without any tears, she told me when those pictures were taken. I knew that we had passed a milestone and perhaps 1 more session was necessary to cover everything. By the way, there was a lot of 'burping' in the third session too which I took as Joan's 'way' of showing a relief.
On the 4th session, Joan told me the WHOLE story again with no tears, the level of intensity remaining at 1 out of 10. I knew she was okay and asked her if she planned on visiting the 'husband' of the murdered wife; she paused for a short time and lovingly said that she wanted to. That was the final clue that she was now in peace with what had happened and had a sense of forgiveness for the involved people.
My lesson from this session was to be patient, listen to my intuition, study the person's demeanor and watch for the 'short cuts'. The Movie Technique was helpful and allowing the work to go 'through me' was what got us accomplish so much.
Mamak Shakib, DC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.