- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Dr. Patricia Carrington had the difficult experience of not knowing for 30 hours whether or not her sister-in-law, Wendy, was OK after the recent (9/11/01) violence in New York City and Washington, DC. She wrote me as follows.....
"We finally heard this afternoon that Wendy is safe. and I am deeply grateful. But like all things, it had its strange gift to NOT know for 30 hours -- it helped me realize the deep distress of people who are unable to locate their loved ones amidst the rubble or in the hospitals or wherever -- and it will help me to help them accordingly
I have written the enclosed piece which is an urgent communication giving recommendations for using EFT Choices in this time of crisis."
Pat's highly useful contribution is given below.
Love to all, Gary
I am writing this letter on the use of EFT Choices (a form of affirmation which substitutes the phrase "I choose..." for the standard declarative phrase "I have, I am etc." used in traditional affirmations (see choices) to address traumas, because we are all affected so deeply by the shocking events of yesterday [9/11/01]. Now, if ever, is the time for us to make choices which can help us meet what may be a turning point in our collective awareness.
Accordingly, I have put together a few suggestions for EFT Choices which can be used within or outside of EFT itself to help heal in this time of trouble. They are not the only Choices which can be made for this purpose by any means, but if they serve to spark your own inner wisdom as to how you can use this crisis to bring about a deep and enduring change in our consciousness, then this effort will be worthwhile.
Because this List comprises a diverse group of people from many different geographic areas and with many different points of view, I will try to give here enough options so that you can select from them the ones that will be of most use to you and to those whom you are in contact with-- for some of you these will be your family members, clients, students and coworkers who will be dependent upon you for guidance during the days to come .
Ways of Using Healing Choices
We can make use of a healing Choice as a part of the EFT process in the way I have been discussing in some of my posts, but those not familiar with EFT, or if we do not have time to led them through the site[s (or for those who might not be receptive to this method) we can also use Choices as simple healing affirmations. They will be much easier for most people to accept than the traditional forms of affirmation which bother some people because they so clearly go contrary to fact. If you do this, an effective thing to do is to write the Choices on index cards (without the :"Even though..." negative statement in front of them --just the Choice) and have the person read them to themselves out loud each morning and evening at a minimum.
The Negative Portion of the Set-Up Phrase
When using Choices with EFT, you proceed exactly as in standard EFT -- by identifying the problem to be addressed and then casting it in words that speak to the person. Some suggested negative phrases that pertain to the current tragic event of this Tuesday, are:
- Even though I am stunned and bewildered by this terrible happening
- Even though I am deeply frightened .....etc.
- Even though I am outraged.....etc.
- Even though I feel helpless about...etc.
- Even though I see no solution for...:etc.
- Even though I am hopeless about....etc.
- Even though I'm deeply hurt and saddened by....etc.
- Even though I don't understand the meaning of.....etc.
- Even though this terrible thing happened.....etc.
You may well think of other negative phrases that can address this crisis. Use whatever speaks to you or others. The Choices suggested here can be used at the end of an EFT set-up phrase, as a reminder phrase for a whole round of EFT, or simply all alone as an affirmation.
Simple Healing Choices
The first step in using healing Choices often needs to be an intensely personal one because it must serve to neutralize the shock and pain which the person may be feeling. For this, the simplest relevant Choice may be the most effective. Following such negative statements as those listed above, here are some suggested Choices for set-up and reminder phrases. Some of these require certain spiritual belief systems to be of use and you must judge this on an individual basis.
- ..........I choose to feel a deep peace within me.
- ..........I choose to feel gentle comfort within me.
- ..........I choose to know that I am surrounded by love (or by God's or my Angel's love).
- ..........I choose to feel safe in God's arms.
- ..........I choose to radiate love and healing to myself and others.
- ..........I choose to feel calm and confident that I can handle this.
Positive Choices Specifically for Those with a Spiritual Frame of Reference
The following Choices are based on my own personal sense of the meaning of this event for all of us-- what I consider it's higher meaning.. If my thoughts don't resonate with your own, feel free to delete them and adopt today whatever means of understanding works best to move you to your own powerful place of healing in this time of radical change.
Notice that most of the following Choices give a "reframe" of this shockingly painful event, and that I don't use the word "tragedy" (just "tragic" which is different) in any of these suggested Choices. This is not because this event isn't one of deep sadness and suffering --but because the word "tragedy" technically refers to a play or story with an inevitably tragic ENDING. I do not think that this is a concept that can best serve us when what we need to make room for is the energy of healing and of change.
With these concepts in mind, I suggest the following Choices and urge you to create your own as well and to help others to do so. One word of caution in doing this however, I would urge you to avoid platitudes and generalities wherever possible. While many of these may ultimately be true, they will tend to fall flat and not be heard. A specific suggestion which relates directly to the person's life will be attended to with interest.
After the "Even though..." phrase, or by themselves, the following are Choices which address the deeper significance of this event and some ways in which people may find a positive resolution for the distress they feel.
- ...........I choose to feel at peace within myself and radiate this to others.
- ...........I choose to learn something absolutely essential for my own life from this event.
(NOTE: This statement about the "learning" inherent in suffering can be extremely meaningful in the face of a tragic occurrence. When I used it for myself in the past to deal with the painful death of a close relative, I learned something which profoundly changed my life as a result).
- ..........I choose to have this dreadful event open my heart.
- ..........I choose to allow something surprisingly good to come from this sad event.
- ..........I choose to know (or I choose to be guided as to) exactly what I can do best to help.
- ..........I choose to see this widespread suffering as a gift which will change human understanding and cooperation from now on.
- .........I choose to be open to an unseen good in this.
- .........I choose to sense the Divine intent for a greater good in all this.
- .........I choose to preserve the gift of our immense caring for each other at this time.
- .........I choose to radiate understanding and peace from my heart to a pained world.
- .........I choose to be a still point amidst the chaos..
- .........I choose to be still and allow God (or love) to enter my heart.
and so on, and on.
Surrogate Tapping for Others
We can make healing Choices for others by using any of the above phrases (or other ones) while tapping on ourselves FOR those others, sending them profound healing. If one's belief system permits it, this surrogate tapping can also include, as one highly intuitive person suggested this week, tapping for the bewildered spirits of the departed beings who gave their lives so shockingly in order that we might learn from this event. This intuitive person saw an array of spirits of those who had abruptly lost their lives in the incident which included people from every walk of life and many different nationalities, including Arabs, all of whom were in need of our understanding and support so that they could realize why they had been chosen (or had chosen) to make this sacrifice. If such a concept is too far out for you, please just discard it, but I am sure it will have meaning for some.
This is just a sampling of what can be done here using EFT. We will learn more about the healing Choices necessary at this time in history when we go out into our communities to work with groups that have been traumatized by this event, using EFT and other Energy therapies to bring them comfort and help. Some of us trained in this technique intend to do in this in our Princeton area community and you may well consider doing so in yours. If so, let's pool all our learnings.
With deepest wishes for the healing of all of us,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.