- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Rape resolved in record time
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Note how Kelly Meisak combines EFT with NLP and some creative imaging to bring relief to her client's recent rape experience. She concludes her article with, "I was also pleased to hear that she hasn’t had a single nightmare since, and has used the technique on daily lifestyle stresses. I myself know the power of what EFT can do often, but sometimes it does something that just blows you off your feet. Fantastic."
A very strange turn of events took place this week. Firstly I had been in contact with the Rape Crisis and Trauma Centres for Scotland at the beginning of the week and they informed me that they were currently using EFT within the centre and that the results so far had been great. I then received a phone call from my Mum asking for my immediate help with a recent rape victim. This woman, who I shall name ‘Louise’, had been drugged and raped during the weekend but had tried to keep going, and came in to work for my parents in an incredible mess. She hadn’t slept since the incident because she was experiencing such intense nightmares, and was exhausted, terribly anxious and in complete turmoil.
My Mum kindly took her to a sexual health clinic to be tested for sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Thankfully, she got the 'all clear' and I should mention that when she told the doctor she would be receiving EFT his reply was, ‘it looks pretty wacky, but it really, really works,’ (I was pleased to hear that yet another health professional could see its potential). Louise was brought straight to my house. She looked terrible (and she won’t mind me saying so). She was pale, with bags under her eyes, droopy eyelids and was physically hunched over as if she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. I got to work straight away.
Initially she was suffering from a lot of anxiety, so without even discussing what had happened to her we began to work on the anxiety itself. It took a good bit of time and work to gently manage it downwards. When she felt calm (which already was a big relief to her) I began using the Movie Technique.
I told her that we were going to work on the memory itself in tiny little bits, and again we worked on the anxiety that was produced by even imagining having to possibly THINK about the memory again. It went down a little more quickly this time. Next I asked her to imagine being in her bedroom (where the event took place) with a brick wall in front of her where the event was taking place behind it. Again we tapped on the anxiety. I asked her to then pick a person, alive or dead, famous, friend or family – anyone who would make her feel safer and have them with her behind this brick wall (I suggested Arnold Schwarzenegger as I’m a big fan – he would make me feel a LOT better and she laughed) however, she picked a policeman.
I then asked her if the image seemed close up, or far away. She said close up, so I had her imagine it as if it were a TV screen moving further and further into the distance. The image was also brightly coloured, so I asked her to make it black and white instead. In changing some of these aspects the brain reacts differently to the images. She said she could hardly see it, and felt rather calm about it, and with her permission we began to move on.
GC COMMENT: The above are some standard NLP techniques. I find they work more smoothly when combined with EFT.
I asked how she might feel if I asked her to knock down some of the bricks from the top of the wall. She said scared, because she knew what was going on behind it. We began tapping:
Even though I don’t want to see what’s behind the wall because it scares me and I don’t want to relive it… and I refuse to let the past control me.
After some work she began to feel hurt at what this man had done to her, I asked her to imagine where the hurt would be and what colour it might have, so we tapped:
Even though I have all this black hurt in my heart, because he ‘did that’ to me (I avoided using words like rape and abuse initially to keep it a little more gentle)… and know that he must be really messed up to have done that, that’s his problems, it’s his stuff.
She then almost immediately became angry – now I knew we were really getting some movement. We tapped using the same technique:
Even though I have all this black anger in my heart because he ‘did that’ to me… and know that this anger is like drinking poison – it only poisons me. It will never make him suffer the way I am.
We got to a point where there was no emotion left so I began the movie technique again, however she again became frightened at the thought. I asked her to find herself after this event had happened where she was crying and panicking and to take herself away somewhere she felt would be safe. I then asked her as I tapped on her, if she would talk to herself and comfort herself, and let her know that it was safe and that it was over. (This technique really takes the client up and out of the situation and it tends to feel a bit more detached).
She took around five minutes to talk with herself, and tell herself that she was totally safe. I then asked her to imagine the man who did this to her and for the two of them to ‘double team him’ and do whatever they had to do to teach him a lesson – punch him, beat him up, embarrass him (yes, this sounds a bit drastic and I wouldn’t encourage people to engage in thoughts like these often, but in an extreme case like this the mind tends to find resolve in the fact that the abuser got payback and usually, by the time the emotion is taken out of it, it tends to be funnier and more light hearted than you would imagine). This was a private moment for Louise, and I had no need to ask what she did to him in her mind – however she giggled a little.
Lastly I asked her to run the memory one last time. She said that she couldn’t see it as clearly. I asked her to imagine that it was in the form of photographs of the incident in front of her. I told her to take a set of matches and imagine burning them all away, burning them out of her consciousness so that they could never come back. I’ve begun using this technique when I deal with trauma because it seems to really finish it off.
For the last time, I asked her to recall the memory. She stated that she felt completely ‘numb’ towards it, and found that she was actually almost unable to locate it at all. All in the space of around an hour and a half! To think that she might have suffered those horrific memories her whole life and it was resolved in that little time! I’ve had such a feeling of fulfillment since this session – I know how dramatically this has helped her – I feel it would’ve been pretty much impossible to get that result, in that length of time with any other treatment that I know of.
I was also pleased to hear that she hasn’t had a single nightmare since, and has used the technique on daily lifestyle stresses. I myself know the power of what EFT can do often, but sometimes it does something that just blows you off your feet. Fantastic.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.