- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
As mentioned a few weeks ago, three PhD's from North America (Larry Stoler, Sharon Toole and Karen Milstein) conducted an EFT (and related techniques) workshop in Israel to help therapists deal with the widespread trauma in that country. This is a story of one of the attendees (Rivka) and her description of what it feels like to have the intense sting of trauma be so cleanly lifted by these tapping procedures. You will find many gems within Rivka's story that are useful in describing these effects to potential new clients. These gems include....
"By the time we reached the chest tapping (collarbone points), I had started to smile as the pain was lifting. We did the full tapping and the 9 gamut treatment. Immediately we repeated it and by this time I was laughing as I couldn't believe that not only had the pain started to lift, I couldn't feel it at all."
"What I do remember saying was that I felt like someone who had volunteered in one of those church settings and 'Hallelujah' I was cured. A very funny feeling."
"As I write this, It is now about 5 hours later and I still can't recall the actual feeling of the panic attack I had had when I first heard the news. I can relate it, tell you what I did and said, or didn't say, but the actual feeling of panic, which is what I have re-experienced almost every night, I cannot recall."
Rivka's story (in her own words) is given below. But first, Larry Stoler, PhD provides some helpful opening remarks.
Opening remarks by Larry Stoler, PhD
For 3 days in December, three of us, Karen Milstein, Ph.D, Sharon Toole, Ph.D. and I, held the first ever EFT and Energy Psychology training in Israel. Invited by a small and talented group of passionate EFT-ers in Israel, we presented an overview of EFT and Energy Psychology methods with particular emphasis on applications to trauma treatment. This training served as an inaugural event leading to the development of an Energy Psychology group in Israel, EP-I. EP-I will hold additional trainings, offer supervision and seek opportunities to educate therapists about EFT and related methods. EP-I also aims to bring this work into hospitals, schools and the broader community.
During the workshop, Rivka (Adriane Rivka Bernstein) volunteered for a demonstration on using EFT in trauma work. She provides us with a moving description of her experience, the text of which follows below.
By Adrian Rivka Bernstein
9th December 2002
Lifting the Pain
As I remember it!
During the afternoon of the 2nd day of the EFT course that I was attending Larry asked for a volunteer, so that he would be able to demonstrate an EFT treatment and a combination of the techniques that we had been shown.
It had been two very intense days and it was important to see it all working together as a whole.
The reason, as I first explained to Karen, was a recent trauma and three related issues.
My daughter had been on the airplane that took off from
Mombassa airport in Kenya in the 28th November. 2 missiles were shot at the plane and by a miracle missed. I have written and spoken about the incident and thought that I was 'OK'. In retrospect, and I will elaborate a little later, I really was not OK and in fact did not know just how much pain I was carrying.
This is what I told Karen:
One, that I was having some difficulty sleeping--I would recall the first two hours when in a state of almost collapse, I tried to confirm that my daughter and her friends were on the flight.
Two, that I did not feel that I was suffering from survivors' guilt, but that my heart was aching for the family from Ariel that lost two young sons in the attack on the hotel in Mombassa, friends in Ra'anana who had lost a son and other friends and family of mine who had lost children. I had come just a little too close for comfort.
Three, that I felt a high level of anxiety regarding my daughter, actually both daughters, as flying regularly was part and parcel of my eldest daughter's life, and my daughter that was on the plane from Mombassa was planning to go to London. I felt that I would like to return to a balance of caring and supporting but not being neurotic. A need to re-separate, as I had been before the attack.
The session, I `really feel that it was far too powerful an experience to call a demonstration, started and Larry explained some things and then we began.
I was asked a few questions and asked to explain why I was there and what I felt. I did this as best as I could.
(Larry: I decided to focus on the pain Rivka reported in her chest and heart areas)
Larry asked if I believed that my heart could feel OK again and that it could be healed. Need I say that I would not have volunteered if I felt that it couldn't be healed eventually, not necessarily in one session, but I thought that there would be some relief from my heart pain, and a little help on the anxiety issues.
On a scale of 1-10 the pain around my heart measured 9.
We started the tapping, and as my title suggests, there is a lot I don't remember, so can't write down the affirmation. I do remember thinking how beautiful it was.
By the time we reached the chest tapping (collarbone points), I had started to smile as the pain was lifting. We did the full tapping and the 9 gamut treatment. Immediately we repeated it and by this time I was laughing as I couldn't believe that not only had the pain started to lift, I couldn't feel it at all.
Larry asked me how I felt and I think that is when I started to cry. It was such a relief, and in fact I had not realized just how painful my chest had been since the incident. This heavy painful burning around the heart area and chest pain, physically sore to the touch, had been, without me realizing it, preventing me breathing properly.
The crying was from relief and not something that had been brought up by the treatment.
What I do remember saying was that I felt like someone who had volunteered in one of those church settings and 'Hallelujah' I was cured. A very funny feeling.
But, as Larry started to talk and explain some things to our group, I felt a pressure on my chest. Different to the heart pain, but pressure. We tapped again and that left. I felt during this initial part of the session a wonderful warm feeling radiating from the room of fellow EFT students and practitioners.
Larry then asked me how I felt about the terror of the first few hours and I had to think about that one. [Larry: I wanted to check back to the original problem to see if this had changed] As I write this, It is now about 5 hours later and I still can't recall the actual feeling of the panic attack I had had when I first heard the news. I can relate it, tell you what I did and said, or didn't say, but the actual feeling of panic, which is what I have re-experienced almost every night, I cannot recall.
I was also asked how I felt about the parents of the children and my friends. The best way to explain this is to jump to the end, the day when I drove directly to see my friend whose son was killed about 2 months ago. Since the 7 days of mourning after his death, I have not been able to visit her. My heart was just too sore. This was even before the Kenya story and that had caused my heart to feel like it was burning.
I arrived unannounced, asked to see my friend, and said I was there for only 5 minutes. She came downstairs, looked at me, and all I said was that I had come to hug her. We hugged, or rather clung to each other. She cried and my heart was warm and I felt that I could comfort her in the way I wanted to but it was different now. My life after the attack had changed forever. There is a different understanding and my heart opened to her in a different way.
Different to how it had been just two hours before.
I am still marveling at the difference.
To return to the end of the session.
Larry asked how I would rate the normal anxiety level of a mother seeing her children off on a trip and I put it at about 5. Then, he asked me to rate on a scale from 1 to 10 how I felt now. I asked him if he wanted an honest reply and he said of course.
I rated my anxiety level at 15!
So we started to work on that and after a round or two of tapping, it was reduced to 9. (Larry: "Even though my mother anxiety is a 15 and should be a 5, I deeply and completely accept myself". "Even though my mother anxiety is a 15, I am open to the greatest change possible in this issue at this time")
Then again and it came down to 5. Or about 4 and a half and don't forget the half. (Larry: When I asked Rivka what the level of this anxiety was, I knew that it was lower than 5, but she answered "5". I playfully asked her if it just might be 4 or 4 = and she admitted that it might be 4 =. This is important because it shows her openness to expand past a personal and emotional limit represented by that 5).
We spoke a little, with more questions, and I remarked that not only had the pain around my heart gone, but I felt much better than I had felt in a long time.
Whilst we were talking and at this stage laughing a lot, I suddenly realized that my vision had cleared.
I hadn't connected the blurred vision that I had had for the last 10 days with the trauma.
I thought there was something wrong with my contact lenses, and had been constantly taking them out of my eyes to clean them, but nothing helped.
Suddenly things were crystal clear.
I feel very grateful for the opportunity of participating in the session.
I feel once more that I can support my daughter, and be there for her without smothering her. With my pain lifted, I know it will be easier to help her when and how she needs it.
I hope that as I was helped, so too were others there today. Issues that were unexpected for me were uncovered and worked through, and I was told directly after the session and at the tea break that a lot of wonderful healing had happened.
Larry conducted the session with warmth, care and concern.
A very big thank you to you Larry, Karen and Sharon for coming to our beautiful country, in this very very difficult time.
To those who organized it, Kol Hakavod (A job well done!)
With much gratitude that I thank Hashem (G-d) for leading me on this path and I offer a universal prayer for peace in our beautiful country Israel and the entire planet. I thank, the sponsors, organizers and my fellow participants in this course. All our paths were meant to cross at this meridian in time and space.
Adriane Rivka Bernstein
With hopes for peace,
Larry Stoler, Ph.D
Karen Milstein, Ph.D.
Sharon Toole, Ph.D.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.