- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Dr. Alexander Lees (from Canada) shares this important case about his client, "Bev", who arrived at his office in a semi-catatonic state.
Bev, as it turns out, had given birth to a still-born baby and was so traumatized by the event that she went deeply inward with little or no communication efforts. This, of course, is among the most difficult cases a therapist can face. No matter what the therapist does, the client just sits there without responding.
Alex, being an experienced EFT'er, commenced tapping for Bev (since she was unable to tap for herself). He also said the EFT statements for her. He did this in order to "take the edge off" (my term) the intensity of the problem. It worked...and Bev came out of her semi-catatonic state. This is a critical element because, without it, Bev would have remained in her shell ....unreachable.
As you will see, Bev's emotional health improved substantially after Alex's initial session with her and she has been attending more EFT sessions to gradually restore her normal functioning in the world.
An interesting side note in Alex's story involves Bev's friend, "Gwen", who is a psyche nurse. Gwen becomes enthralled with EFT and, even as a newcomer, has been able to apply it in Bev's behalf with good results.
"Bev" had been weeping as she entered the reception room, and was still weeping some ten minutes after she sat down in my office. Offers of tea, and other attempts to reach her had failed miserably, so I called her friend, "Gwen" (who had driven her to the session) in from the reception room into my office for assistance.
"I'm a psyche nurse," Gwen explained, and then said very compassionately, "Bev has suffered a grievous loss. We both work at the hospital, and we have excellent counselling support there. Bev is not responding to grief counselling very well, and we are now concerned she is suicidal."
As I began to digest the implications, Gwen, after looking over at Bev, and apparently responding to some silent communication good friends have, continued. "Everything was going well with Bev's pregnancy. All the staff were excited, and bent over backwards to sneak in a visit with Bev. Someone was with her all the time. All the tests indicated a perfectly healthy birth, and would probably be an easy one." Then even Gwen became silent, and that inner voice told me we were nearing the crux of Gwen's narration. "Anyway," she continued in a softer voice, "Something went terribly wrong. Her baby was still born."
I glanced over at Bev, who still was crying softly, head down, cradled in her hands, and, if she was listening, there was no indication that I could read.
"Has she responded at all?" I asked.
"Not really, we seem to reach her for a second or so, then she goes inside again," Gwen responded, now taking her friend's hand gently.
Gwen continued, "You worked with 'Harry,' a good friend of mine. He said you had used a hands on technique, and he felt it might reach Bev. Do you think it will?"
I mustered up as much confidence as I could, steadied my voice, and said, "Let's find out." After Gwen conferred with Bev, and once again reading the non verbal response between them that still eluded me, Gwen said, "She's okay with you trying."
We began the first round with my doing the tapping on Bev (she couldn't tap herself). I first tapped the P.R. point on the side of her hand and I must have tapped it for at least twenty seconds or so before the words came to me. "Even though I have been through a terrible shock, and have left my body, because it's far too painful to be in there, and it will take time to get past this, now, and begin to heal, I completely and deeply accept myself." Bev did not respond, so I said this for her, three times.
I then tapped the other points using the reminder phrase, "This terrible tragedy." No apparent change in physiology.
I then did the 9 Gamut, and when I asked Bev to hum, there was no response. "Just think you re humming," I said gently, and continued on. We did the same with the counting, and the follow-up humming. Without even consciously thinking about it, I then tapped the sequence for Neurological Disorganization, and then, tapping the 9 Gamut point again, asked Bev to follow Gwen's hand as it moved up from Bev's knee in such a way that Bev's eyes finished looking up at the ceiling.
Her eyes were now open, and this was the first time I'd been able to see them since the session began. "Let's do another round," I suggested, and as I broke eye contact to take her hand, a small voice said, "I can't accept myself, and I can't accept what happened."
Both Gwen and I stared at Bev. Then we looked at each other. The look on Gwen's face told me she was running a full gamut of different emotions, and was rendered practically speechless.
"My mistake," I said, turning my attention back to Bev. "Let's change some of those words." I then tapped Bev's P.R. point again, and this time we used the words, "Even though I have suffered a terrible loss, and it will take time to get past this, now, and begin to heal, I can at least accept that, now."
Perhaps it was my imagination, but I thought I could see some colour returning to Bev's blanched cheeks. We then did another round for "This terrible loss," and as I reached over to lift Bev's arm to tap the under-the-arm point, she raised it herself, without assistance. After this round, Bev struggled to find her voice, and haltingly, she began to speak of the loss, the guilt (which we immediately tapped for, using the phrase "This guilt"), the deep pain (then a round on "This deep pain"), the nightmares, (again, a round on the nightmares, using "These nightmares" as a reminder phrase).
Near the end of the session, Gwen asked if she could also use EFT to help Bev. When I replied "Yes," she immediately responded with, "Gee, I don't know if I can." I walked to her chair and said, smiling, "Your turn."
We did one round, using the phrase "This concern I can't do it right." We did not use the P.R. point. "That's amazing," she said after a few moments. "I don't know why I thought that," obviously much relieved. "Does it work when a person does it for themselves?"
"Think of a problem, something that bothers you," I suggested.
After a few moments of thought, Gwen said, "Well, I have this one patient that..." The look on her face told me we were there. "Now, tap," I said, "And repeat the phrase 'This patient.'" Thirty seconds later, Gwen was shaking her head, and said, "I'm looking forward to next week." Then, as an afterthought, added "Oh, is it okay if I also come with Bev to her next session?" After assuring her it would be my pleasure, we concluded the session.
I have seen Bev four times now. She has returned to work part-time, and we have cleared many of the 'triggers' a hospital environment provides -- a baby's cry, mother's embracing their newborns, snippits of conversations overheard during rounds, just to name a few. Gwen has proven to be a quick study, and as she puts it "learning to think about problems differently." "Now, instead of slipping into analyze mode," she said, "I just say, 'Focus on the feeling, or this upset, or this reminder' -- however Bev describes it, and then I tap her for it. It's wonderful to be able to help a friend so easily. By the way, when you used yourself to demonstrate the points on our first visit, you were really settling yourself down, weren't you?" Gwen asked, with a twinkle in her eyes.
She really is a quick study indeed.
Dr. Alexander R. Lees
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.