- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Robyn Dear couldn't get to a core issue because of resistance by her client. So....she did surrogate EFT while the client was sleeping. I'm impressed by this creative approach.
I thought this was worthy of sharing.
I had an international house guest come with some excess baggage, namely her father and two older brothers sexually abusing her from age 9 to 16. She was 49 years old and had never had any professional help with it at all. She called it the monkey on her back.
We had two weeks to work with her before she returned to Sri Lanka. EFT once again came into its own with little time and a lifetime of pain to erase. The core was far too painful for her to even do silent movies on, so we tapped on every issue we could find around the perimeter. We started first with something that appeared totally unrelated but I suspect was tied into this somehow.
Even though I feel car sick and very tired when I am traveling…
Even though I can’t stay awake when I am traveling in a car, train, boat or plane…
Even though I feel very unwell when I travel anywhere no matter what time of day it is…
Then we moved to more general tabletop approach.
Even though I was too young to understand what was happening…
Even though things happened when I was young that should never have happened…
Even though my mother blamed me for what happened, when she found out, instead of my father…
Even though I have several older sisters, they only did this to me…
Even though I pretended to be asleep, but it still happened…
Even though I felt totally helpless…
Even though I had no one to turn to, not even my mother…
Even though I felt very alone and deeply hurt…
After making some progress (this was over a week with four, 2 to 3 hour sessions on the perimeter, one entirely devoted to the betrayal she felt from her mother) I knew that I needed to get closer or I might run out of time.
We started the session and I got road blocked very early so diverted to a safer distance. Then, just ten minutes in she was very tired and could not stay awake (it was only 11 am so this was not a normal tired feeling). I laid her down on my healing table and she went straight to sleep. While she slept I tapped (surrogately on my body for her) on everything I could think of that might relate. Keeping in mind that she had told me very little of anything, I was mostly guessing.
Even though my father came to my bed while I was sleeping and did unspeakable things…
Even though I didn’t understand what was going on but I knew it was wrong…
Even though what my father did to me hurt me physically and mentally…
Even though I was too scared to sleep at night…
Even though bad things happened to me in my bed at night…
Even though my brothers used me…
Even though I didn’t know how to make this nightmare stop…
Even though I felt so helpless and alone…
Even though my morning chores were tainted with this unspeakable thing…
Even though I would get into trouble if I didn’t do my morning chores…
Even though my morning chores would cause me immense distress…
Even though my whole body still shakes when I think about my morning chores…
Even though I never told anyone about my living nightmare…
She slept for two solid hours and didn’t move once. After about an hour of tapping I too could not stay awake and had to stop tapping and just sit with my head resting on the table. I saw this as the universe’s way of saying ENOUGH.
When she woke, she was like a different person. She told me of the dream that she had. I kept the conversation to general daily stuff until our next session the following day. In this session I wanted to do some more delving, try and get to the core. She sat there calmly and recounted all the things that she just could not even think about days before, let alone speak of. The rest of her stay was spent on confidence issues and other more current things.
I spoke with her two weeks after she left us to test how she was doing with it all. “Oh that,” she said with a laugh, “I haven’t even thought about it since I left your place.” She had even seen and spoken to one of her brothers. Nothing triggered, no hidden stuff emerged. She felt entirely FREE.
Incidentally, we noticed a marked change in her behaviour, especially at the dinner table. She was animated and engaged, rather than withdrawn and silent. She previously went into her own little world when sitting down to eat. My guess would be that it was a protective behaviour from her childhood.
Three months later, it is still all clear. She is beginning to rebuild her life, this time as a liberated woman.
Thank you for this most amazing tool. I must say that I was beginning to wonder if I had been rather ambitious in thinking I could make such a vast difference in such a short space of time. The surrogate tapping proved that there is more than one way to get the desired results. My guess would be that her conscious mind was SO PROTECTIVE that sleep was the only way to get to the core.
Thanks to your comprehensive training DVDs, you have helped yet another person find her peace. To think that I can help someone so profoundly and have not even attended a single class. That is incredible.
Kisses and hugs,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.