- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Sonia Novinsky from Brazil emphasizes for us how a seemingly complete recovery from trauma can still be triggered when new aspects show up. The new aspects, of course, can then be addressed with EFT.
I worked with an interesting traumatized client the day before yesterday.
She lost her father about a year ago. A very intimate-symbiotic family. Although she is 29 years old she used to live directly with her mother and father (that is not completely unusual in Brazil).
Her father died suddenly. He had surgery and was recovering very well at home. Nobody expected that he would die but suddenly, when my client entered the home, he was dying. It was a traumatic experience, everybody screaming, lots of despair and pain. After his death we worked with EFT and she seemed recovered.
Often an EFT recovery like this is complete but sometimes new aspects show up in the future that were not treated in the original session. Such was the case here.
She is a psychologist working in an airline company. And Human Resources people were doing a training about crisis, accident etc, which is common in airlines. But when she saw a video about testimonies of an airplane crash she start crying and didn't stop till she arrived in my office. She was shaking, suffocating; she said she has something like an avocado in her throat and no air in her chest. Despair in her eyes. She said that her father dying scene with all family in total desperation couldn't leave her mind for one moment.
I asked her to describe the scene as she was seeing it and to try to be more of a spectator than a participant. But she couldn't, she was crying and she said she was feeling as a participant.
I tapped on her for each detail she verbalized:
I hear my mother yelling. I see my father's face. I see my aunt running and not knowing what to do; I feel my legs and my arms paralyzed in terror; I see my father in my arms. I hear more screams from everywhere.
I tapped for 5 rounds for each detail of the scene. The avocado was gone, she was breathing better after that.
I felt, as it happens frequently, that I needed to work not only with past traumatic scenes but also with imaginary scenes. By this I mean scenes that could happen in the near future. These scenes emerge from traumatic scenes that really happened and become part of them even if they never happened, and they become like future fearful probabilities.
I explored with her on these imaginary scenes and they came out. We worked like this:
Even though I have fear that my Mother can die suddenly as my father I deeply....Even though I believe that if my father died suddenly in my hands it can happen with other people I am deeply connected, I deeply...Even though I have this fear because a tragedy can happen at each moment of my life taking my grounding away, I deeply...Even though I can't trust the continuity of stability of a routine after what happened with my father, I deeply...Even though I think that suddenly I can lost in the next moment someone I love and care and this will mean my death, I deeply...Even though I am sure I will not survive if someone I love and care the most dies like my father did, suddenly, I deeply....Even though I feel I am falling in an abysm because of the incertitude of stability and continuity of my dear's life, I deeply...
She was very afraid of losing her mother, her fiancie, her aunt, her sister. She lost her father, an uncle and an aunt in the period of one year. They all were very close as a family, living together and sharing every detail of personal and family life. Everyone controlling everyone.
What I would like to stress here is that, besides working with past trauma in a moment of tears and despair, it is important to have the courage to work with fantasies of fear through images that are emerging in the client's mind at the moment of remembering the trauma. Mainly what comes out are scenes where the fear of instability, the fear of lack of continuity, the sensation of falling down in an abysm, and they are a re-traumatization that comes inside out.
I don't know if I could express myself. But I think it is very good example of avoiding re-traumatization. After a 20 minute session she was ok and we started working together on some of her professional issues.
She could eat again, (she was more than 20 hours without eating or drinking anything). She said she was completely calm. She spoke about all the crisis management training without feeling anything. She talked about details of the movie that once had made her shake, with a smile on her face. She left telling me, "if I survived my father's dying I can survive anything else."
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.