- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Pay particular attention to the end of this article by Alan Morison of Scotland. Notice how he tests for any unresolved parts of the trauma and uncovers a major event. Very nice.
I often take EFT to health fairs demonstrating to groups and treating individuals. At one such fair just a few months ago 'Julie' asked for EFT help. She sat behind my screen and started describing what had happened to her. This was before I could find out anything about her particular needs.
Together with a fellow social worker she had made a home visit to Mr X. They were early but thought nothing of it. Mr X however was unprepared and had left his illegally owned hand gun on the couch in the lounge. When Julie saw it she exclaimed very shocked, 'Oh my God, he's got a gun!'
As soon as she said that she had a violent reaction, putting her hand to her mouth and retching. Several rounds of silent EFT quickly calmed Julie down, but she managed to add that he had done something with the gun on the carpet. Then, pointing it at her, he pulled the trigger saying Bang! He was laughing as he saw her look of stunned horror (he knew he had just emptied the chamber). He was later arrested by the police for illegal possession of a firearm.
Julie, by this time needed another rescue round or two of tapping - which worked well and when she was calmer I said that telling me all that wasn't doing her any good, in fact it was just re-traumatising her. I reassured her that she would not be re-exposed to the trauma as there is a gentle way of dealing with such events. In fact she did not need to relive any of the negative experiences until she felt ready to do so. Her safety was of paramount importance and it was important that she understood that what we were about to do was not going to be a threat to her. Now that I knew the events (she confirmed there was nothing else which had shaken her) we started with a few rounds of Tearless Trauma:
Even though I'm not ready to look into that scene yet, it's too traumatic...
Even though I'm still a little apprehensive about revisiting that scene...
Even though I still think I might feel sick in my stomach if I thought about what he did...
She gave a sigh and indicated she was now ready, her level of intensity of 10+ on a scale of 0 to 10 now feeling like a 6 out of 10.
So I asked her to retell the story, but slowly this time, pausing at each step she took into Mr X's lounge. Everything was fine until she saw the gun so we tapped as follows:
Even though I was so shocked to see that gun. I couldn't believe it, this isn't real. I'm starting to feel uneasy in my stomach.
The 6 dropped to a 3 and she felt ok about proceeding to the next part.
Even though I froze like a rabbit in the headlights when he pointed it at me...
Even though I felt sick in my stomach when he pointed it at me...
Even though I felt like throwing up when he pulled the trigger, I was so afraid...
Even though I panicked when he said Bang! and almost jumped out of my skin...
She took a deep breath and letting it out with a big sigh said, 'Wow, that feels so much better!' I asked what she meant by 'better'. Was there anything left of the violence of the scene? Was she sure?
No, I'm fine she replied and gave smile. Hmmm, maybe, I thought, and asked, How would you feel if I tested you on this? I'll play the bad guy. No problem, she replied, again with a smile and her smile broadened when I said I would don my black hat for my part. I said I would do it in slow motion so that she would not be surprised by any sudden movements and she was ok with that.
I fiddled around for a few seconds at floor level with my pretend gun, and then slowly moved it round to her. No reaction. I pointed it at her. No reaction. Bang, I said. Instantly she retched and squirmed away with her hand to her mouth. Gary says, test to make the client's emotional knees buckle and this was certainly the case here, her emotional knees had just given way. Something big and negative was still lurking in her energy system, but what could it be?
After she had calmed down again with some silent tapping I asked what had provoked that reaction. Nothing to do with Mr X she said, that was indeed clear but a week after the incident she had gone to a 3-D Imax cinema. When a gun was pointed at the audience and fired, she dived out of her seat on to the floor to avoid the bullet heading towards her. It was a major aspect of the problem which firmly cemented the original trauma in place.
GC COMMENT: Excellent testing and detective work.
We did EFT for her level of intensity of 10 out of 10 for being petrified when she saw the bullet coming straight at her and had to get out of the way (hence her squirming reaction when I tested her). This reduced the cinema intensity directly to zero.
I mentioned the bullets on the floor but she shrugged it off as unimportant and showed no reaction when I retested her with the Movie Technique, directing her to replay the scene in her imagination and telling her to stop if she felt any reaction to any part of what she was seeing. Nothing happened. Instead she was so relieved to have released the trauma that she laughed and giggled at her own reaction, saying it could have been straight out of a Bogart movie - minus the black hat of course!
Julie took her leave, one very relieved lady but just before she did so she revealed that she had had over 50 hours of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help her cope with her trauma. She could scarcely believe that half an hour of regular textbook EFT could achieve what an orthodox therapy could not with many sessions over many months.
Many thanks Gary. EFT is truly a gift to the world.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.