- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
My admiration to Suzanne Lerner for lending an "EFT helping hand" to strangers during their stressful situation. She says, "His father was of course very relieved, but also very, very angry. "You're going to be PUNISHED FOR THIS!" and it was like there were daggers in the air. It seemed pretty clear this kid was going to be smacked as soon as I left. I felt like my work wasn't done. In a flash, I could see how child abuse occurs."
I just had a wonderful experience of using EFT "on the road" so to speak, that I'd love to share. I was actually in an isolated area of the woods, on beautiful Mount Shasta, when I suddenly heard a young voice calling out.
"Hello? Hello Dad? Is anyone there? Help! Help!" I was quite startled. Moments later a young boy came into the clearing where I sat, very determinedly marching up the mountain, in the exact opposite direction of the campgrounds. He was indeed lost.
I very gently called out to him, asked him his name, told him mine, and reassured him that he was safe and that I wouldn't leave him until he was back safe with his family again. "Johnny" told me he was 10 years old, and that he'd been lost for about 30 minutes.
I immediately joined him and we walked until we were back on the trail. We were just a 15 minute hike away from the Campgrounds. I was very concerned about how worried his parents must be! Suddenly though, I empathetically experienced what that must be like, to be 10 years old and lost for that long. It was the definition of trauma, where someone experiences a potentially life-threatening situation and feels potentially helpless to resolve it. I could imagine all the "writing on his walls" going on, irrational ideas about the "dangers of nature" and blaming himself for getting in such a situation, etc. While my highest priority was to get him back as quickly as possible, I felt that a round or two of EFT could still be done.
My instincts were good. I said as we walked: "I'm so glad you're safe now; that must have been really scary, to be lost like that in the woods." He nodded in agreement. "Would you like to do something, to help you let go of all that fear and feel better again?" He nodded again, looking at me with his big, sweet eyes We stopped for a moment:
Even though I was lost and I know that I'm safe now, that was really scary!
Reminder Phrase: "that was scary."
He repeated the phrase as I used the shortcut sequence. He didn't sob or gasp, he was silent except for repeating my prompts of "that was scary, really scary!" But suddenly a great big tear, like a little diamond, formed on his lid and tumbled down his face, and then another and another. And then he sighed and smiled. It was so touching! We had taken all of 2 minutes and 2 rounds, and probably helped to prevent many negative, irrational beliefs from being "written on his walls." That was enough for now, and we needed to hurry back to his camp.
His father was of course very relieved, but also very, very angry. "You're going to be PUNISHED FOR THIS!" and it was like there were daggers in the air. It seemed pretty clear this kid was going to be smacked as soon as I left.
I felt like my work wasn't done. In a flash, I could see how child abuse occurs. 1) Parents feel so vulnerable around their children. 2) Something potentially bad happens 3) The parents are so overwhelmed with "Fight or Flight" sympathetic over-arousal, that they can't "think straight" 4) They then take out their frustration on their child, who has already suffered enough.
I took a chance. I said to the father, "That must have been so scary for you! " He nodded. "To be out in National Forest and have your child lost like that, I can't imagine! You must have been SO STRESSED." "Yeah, and I'm already too stressed." (I noticed that there was no mother there with them, and that he probably was raising his 2 kids alone.)
"Well, it just so happens that my specialty is working with stress, especially after trauma, like having your kid lost in the woods. So if you'd like, I'd be happy to take a few minutes, and help you let go of some of that stress." (I had no idea if he would go for this, but it was worth a try.) To my surprise, he agreed!
I led him over to the picnic table, and in front of his kids and his sister and her husband, who had all gone through this as well, I did the tapping. I used an "Extended Setup Phrase" followed by a "Setup/ Reminder Combination." We addressed his fear, his anger, his feeling stupid that he let it happen, how was he going to explain this when he went home, and even the visions he might have had of having to wrestle his child from the claws of a wild animal!
Finally I addressed his relationship to little "Johnny"
Even though he got lost, he's a good kid.
Even though he got lost, he did all the right things to get found.
Even though I felt really scared and angry, he certainly didn't get lost on purpose! No one does! Maybe he just needs to learn more skills on how to follow a trail.
Even though he was lost, I'm so glad that he's found. I can finally, finally RELAX again.
At that point, I felt the need to give them back their space, and allow them to integrate all that had happened. They clearly weren't people who were used to therapeutic interventions, and I felt very grateful that they had allowed me to help at this juncture in their lives.
EFT... Don't leave home without it!
Love & Blessings,
Suzanne i.b. Lerner, PhD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.