- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
A traumatic fall from a tree
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Valerie Padley is a client of Deborah Mitnick and, through Deborah, offers this important evidence of the link between a trauma and our physical ailments.
Emma is Valerie's 6 year old niece who was beset with numerous unexplainable pains after a traumatic fall from a tree. Little relief was obtained until Valerie thought to administer EFT. As you will see, the response was immediate.
Valerie's message is appropriately introduced by Deborah Mitnick.
Intro by Deborah Mitnick
The post below comes from my client, Valerie Padley. She's been a student of mine for a number of years. She lives in Texas and came to Baltimore for a few days in 1998 when we addressed her challenges with Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and other Metapsychology methods. But I soon realized the EFT and the other energy techniques would probably work faster and more efficiently for her!
She has always been quick to learn our new techniques! We now work exclusively by phone and by email. Even in email, I'm able to describe a tapping sequence to Val, suggest some set-up phrases and affirmations to her, and she can tap whenever she has the time.
Sometimes we actually dialogue by email. (We haven't as yet used Instant Messenger, but we type so fast, we might as well.) So, in the course of an afternoon, we may have four or five lengthy email exchanges, sometimes involving tapping, and sometimes just involving a dialogue process.
I'm so pleased that Val is using EFT on others! She's very talented with this wonderful method and has helped a lot of people.
Deborah Mitnick, LCSW-C
By Valerie Padley
I am the client of an EFT practitioner, Deborah Mitnick, whom I met in 1998. We did some intensive work together in person at that time, and since then I have consulted with her periodically by phone and email. That work in 1998 was a turning point in my life, and I feel very fortunate to have also had the opportunity on occasion to help members of my family through EFT.
A few months ago, my 6-year-old niece Emma took a traumatic fall in the back yard. She had climbed to the top of a ladder that was leaning against a tree and then grabbed onto a limb just above her head. Emma called to her mother (my sister-in-law Tammy) to say, "Look, Mom!" as she lifted her feet off the ladder and swung out, dangling from the limb. Unfortunately, Emma's hands instantly slipped and she plummeted straight to the ground, landing hard on her bottom. The jolt of the fall knocked out her breath and she lay on the ground and appeared to be unconscious. She was not breathing.
Tammy and my brother Brad raced to her aid; to their horror Emma's lips were turning blue. Brad carried her into the house and lay her down, gently rubbing her chest and saying her name. To their immense relief Emma got her breath back before they had to take more drastic measures, but needless to say it was a traumatic experience for all three of them.
In the ensuing weeks, Emma received many chiropractic adjustments for the jarring blow to her entire spine from the fall. After each adjustment her complaints of pain and soreness would subside, but after a day or two would begin again.
When I saw Emma over the July 4th weekend, she seemed to be fine from all outward appearances, but then a strange drama began to unfold and one which Tammy said was being replayed almost every day. Emma came in the room where Tammy and I were sitting and reported to her mother that her shoulder hurt... a little while later it was her elbow... then her nose... then her leg. As the list of aches accumulated, Tammy said that they could make another visit to the chiropractor after the holiday. Emma said she didn't want to, and went off by herself for a while. Later she appeared again and the litany started once more: "My finger hurts," she told us... a few minutes later, "Mom, it hurts right here," pointing at a tiny spot on her thigh.
As I watched this go on, it slowly dawned on me that the emotional trauma of the fall had never been addressed. The chiropractor had said that she couldn't understand why Emma's adjustments weren't "holding", and now I wondered if the emotions had not yet caught up with the healing of the body.
Tammy is familiar with my tapping experiences and I asked her if I could tap on Emma. Tammy would have tried anything at this point and readily agreed. When a few minutes later Emma came to us and reported that "It hurts here", touching her wrist, I said, "Hey, you know what? I know something that might help that pain go away. It's this funny tapping thing -- you want me to show you?" She nodded tentatively.
First I asked Emma to describe the pain to me so that I'd have some of her own words to work with. Interestingly, she said she couldn't really describe it, that it was "hard to explain". I took her hand and tapped on the side while saying, "Even though you have this pain that's hard to explain, you're okay and everything's okay." (I've never known how to express the idea of deeply and completely accepting oneself when I've tapped on a child, so I just use words like being "okay".) I did the set-up three times while Emma looked at me silently and a little anxiously. It didn't seem necessary to have her repeat the words since she seemed a little uncomfortable anyway. I then tapped the basic points while saying "this hard-to-explain pain" each time. When I was done I asked Emma if the pain was still there. She paused a second, then said no. "Oh, good," I rejoined, giving her a hug, "I'm so glad! Now just tell me if you have any more pains like that and we can do it again."
About five minutes later Emma appeared once more, this time pointing at a spot on her thigh. We tapped again, now for "this pain in your leg", which promptly went away. She left again then returned again, now pointing at another spot, which we again tapped away.
Since she seemed more relaxed and less anxious now, I asked Emma if she could tell me about the fall. I said that maybe we could tap for that too so that any worries she had about it might go away. She grew very still and wide-eyed and said in an awe-struck voice, "I stopped breathing." My instincts told me to just let this moment of her telling and me hearing her "be"... we looked at each other in silence for a few seconds, then I said how scary that must have been for her. I asked if she wanted to tap about that and her whole demeanor changed. "Nah," she said in a skeptical voice, "I don't want to do that tapping stuff any more." I sensed that we had suddenly gotten to the heart of the matter, but of course I didn't press and just said, "Okay!" and off Emma went.
She didn't complain of any pains the rest of that day during our visit. About five days later Tammy called to tell me that Emma had "turned around!" after our tapping day -- no more pains of any kind. Tammy also said Emma just seemed "better" in a general way, relieved, lighter. So far as I know, the result has "stuck".
I know I'm not a trained practitioner and don't claim any expertise, but it's so wonderful to have a tool like EFT to help loved ones in situations like this.
Sincerely, Valerie Padley
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.