- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Wayne Clayton-Robb from the UK gives us two experiences to study. I intersperse a comment within his message.
My name is Wayne Clayton-Robb. I am a clinical hypnotherapist and analytical and cognitive therapist. I am also an NLP practitioner and a Reiki Master.
I first came across EFT about 9 months ago, when I got talking to a lady called Chris Hardisty, at a Roy Hunter workshop in London. I later contacted her and she put me in touch with Silvia Hartmann-Kent. Silvia very kindly loaned me the complete training package and I have to say that I spent many hours absolutely fascinated by what I saw.
I practised on myself and friends and was amazed by what I saw taking place. I became a member of the UK AMT and decided that EFT must become an integral part of my work as a therapist.
If I may here, I would briefly like to mention 2 unusual cases.
Case 1. An elderly man, who had been a prisoner of the Japanese during world war 2. As a result of his experiences, he became very distressed whenever it was windy. This took him straight back into memories of howling winds blowing down the POW huts, which he and his colleagues were compelled to re-erect regardless of the fact that they had just spent 12 hours toiling on the Burma railway, with very space nourishment.
He came to my house on a WINDY day with his wife and he was clearly afraid. We worked out in the garden and within half an hour of tapping, he went from 9 to zero on this issue. This case also introduced me to the apex effect, when my client, having recorded a zero and being unable to re-produce his fear despite the strong wind and my equally strong suggestions, decided that he could not register anything because he was "CONFUSED." I'm pleased to say that in contacting him 1 week, 1 month and 3 months later, he remained "CONFUSED" and has not been troubled by the terrible thoughts and memories that have plagued him for over 50 years.
GC COMMENT: This apex effect is a term coined by Dr. Roger Callahan to indicate the client's propensity to explain away their obvious relief. To some people, it is just not believable that tapping could produce these results--regardless of the clear benefits. Thus, they attempt to explain it by other means. Being "CONFUSED" is but one of many phrases clients use. A more common response is that the client "can't think about it any more." Upon investigation, however, it is discovered that they can, indeed, recount the former traumatic incident in great detail. However, the intense charge is missing and this is interpreted as being unable to think about the problem. What they really mean is that they can't think about the problem in the same way as before.
Another apex type response is the client who says, "All the years of previous therapy finally worked for me." They achieve relief immediately after (or during) tapping but, to them, tapping couldn't have been the true cause of their new freedom. Why? Because it doesn't "compute" nor match their belief systems. So they conclude that it must have come from "real therapy" (talk therapy, etc.) and somehow, as if by magic, all that previous emotional work chose this moment to be effective. This is non-sensical, of course, but some people are more prone to believe such drivel than to give credit to the tapping. A comedy writer would find great material here.
Case 2: This is unusual ( unless of course you know different). This was a young man with a phobia of fruit. He could not bear to see it, smell it or touch it and the thought of eating it was anathema to him. To cut a long story short, I brought a bowl of fruit salad in to him, had him sniff the bowl and attempt to taste the fruit and he begged me to take it away or he would barf (I love that word), all over my lovely carpet. One hour later [after EFT], he ate the fruit and has been eating it ever since.
Looking at my records, I have now used EFT with about 80 clients and with a success rate that is way in excess of anything else I have ever used.
God Bless and Good Wishes,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.