- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Vitiligo is a chronic skin condition that causes loss of pigment, resulting in irregular pale patches of skin. The medical folks don't know the cause but it is thought to come about by a combination of auto-immune, genetic and environmental factors. Dave Abel from the UK gives us evidence that it can also have emotional causes.
Steve is in his early thirties, married with two children. He is a successful business man achieving his goals and dreams. He came to see me after he was told by his doctor that the pigmentation in his skin could not be reversed. His body is lightly tanned and the vitiligo has left almost white marking around his eyes, ears and hands. He also has vitiligo on other parts of his body, usually covered by clothing.
The vitiligo appeared suddenly, and without warning, in March 2001. The patches of affected skin became more pronounced as each month passed. He wears professional makeup to cover the patches on his face. When dining in a local restaurant with his family, the people on the next table commented, “I hope they wash the cutlery here – look at that guy’s hands”. As Steve relayed that comment to me, he was clearly reliving the emotion of that moment. The preamble with him was abruptly interrupted and EFT commenced.
Even though I have vitiligo…
We continued tapping on the Karate chop spot and I asked what his level of intensity was when he told me about the experience in the restaurant. He said, “It was the worst feeling ever, I felt embarrassed, hurt, and angry.” We started tapping directly into the embarrassment and anger issues. The emotion of the restaurant moment collapsed to 2 on a scale of 0 to 10 very quickly.
He told me he was left with a feeling of deep sadness that the incident had ever happened. His level of intensity increased to 8 out of 10 and he became flushed in the face. We tapped into this emotion, yet the intensity level remained quite high at 6/7 out of 10. I asked him when the last time he felt sadness like this was. We were still tapping when he became extremely emotional. He was about to share something that was obviously traumatic, and he commented, “I had forgotten all about this – where has it come from?”
GC COMMENT: Core issues like this come up frequently during the EFT process. This phenomenon is an important aid to good detective work.
We moved immediately into the Movie Technique. The name he chose for the movie was 'Granddad'. He was instructed to stop at the first sign of intensity. Within seconds he stopped the scene. His level of intensity was off the scale. He was sobbing as we tapped and the level dropped to 3 quite quickly, much to his surprise. When he was ready to move to the next scene, his level of intensity went to 10+ again. We moved through 4 scenes, all following a similar pattern – a level of intensity of 10 out of 10 dropping to 3 or 4. The final scene took the longest for the intensity of the emotion to collapse.
Below is the entire movie that, after EFT, Steve was able to "run the movie" from start to finish without showing any intensity of emotion. He was then asked if he could verbalize the movie.
- Steve’s grandfather lives alone, he is a widower. January 2001: His grandfather’s neighbour telephoned Steve informing him his Grandfather was not answering the door – it was about 9.30 am.
- Steve went to his Grandfather’s home and had to break the front door down – there were security bolts on the inside of the front door so Steve’s key was useless. (This was scene 1 of his movie).
- Steve said he knew his grandfather had died, and he knew the body was in the kitchen – but he could not physically enter the kitchen (too emotional) and he chose to look in every other room of the home. (Scene 2 of the movie).
- Finally he entered the kitchen and his grandfather’s body was resting against the heating boiler where he had collapsed sometime earlier (Scene 3).
- He touched his grandfather and believed him to be still alive, as his body was very warm. He gave his grandfather the ‘kiss of life’ (mouth-to-mouth resuscitation). Death had occurred much earlier and his body was being kept warm from the heat of the boiler. As Steve breathed into his granddad’s lungs, they immediately expelled the air with the most pungent, foul smell which hit Steve ‘in the face’. (Scene 4)
Scene 4 was extremely traumatic for Steve when he was ‘viewing’ the scene earlier. He commented, "This level will NEVER decrease - I have got it for life". It took EFT about 15 minutes to remove the intensity of that emotion. Steve then felt guilty that he no longer felt the immense sadness he had been carrying inside him for 6 years. We tapped into this and all was well.
Steve had never been able to share any of this with his wife, brother, sister, mother or father. They all knew he had found his grandfather’s body – but they had never been told about the kiss of life and the ‘foul smell’ that he has never been able to forget. Steve’s vitiligo appeared 3 months after this experience. This article is written one year after I worked with Steve.
Was the vitiligo connected with the traumatic event? I believe it was. Researching vitiligo with Meta Medicine suggests the cause may be ‘a painful separation from a loved one’. This appears to 'fit the bill'.
Using EFT on a daily basis it took approximately three months before Steve noticed the pigmentation was returning under his eyes. At first he thought it was his imagination, but he came to see me and I confirmed pigmentation was returning. One year later I am unable to report the vitiligo has completely disappeared. In twelve months there has been a 25% improvement (especially to his face). It is gradual and without doubt it is with thanks to EFT.
He has never been offered medication for the condition. His hands have shown little sign of the return of the pigmentation. To be relieved of the painful memory, which he could not talk to his closest family about, is a wonderful release.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.