- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This is not a happy story, although the ending is certainly uplifting. No one should have to walk in Jamala Rose's shoes but, unfortunately, far too many do. Post Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD) is among our most debilitating ailments and, until the arrival of EFT, there was little or nothing that could be done about it. Drugs didn't cure it. They simply covered it over.
Despite its "tough to stomach" nature, Jamala's story gives us both inspiration regarding the possibilities AND insights into how a beginner can use EFT even for such a serious ailment. I believe she would have received much quicker benefits had she consulted a skilled professional in the field and I must, out of prudence, recommend that people consult such professionals for severe cases such as this. However, Jamala knew no one in this field and had no money to pay them.
That notwithstanding, Jamala's healing qualifies as spectacular. She says, "The tumors, the angina pain and arrhythmia, the headaches, the panic attacks all sort of drained out. I woke up one day and they were just gone."
I have had PTSD all my life. My father was a POW in Japan for three years. We all know how brutal the Japanese were on these men. At the end of three years of torture, my father was on a ship 1 mile offshore when the atomic bomb was dropped and, accordingly, suffered radiation sickness.
GC COMMENT: This is important input by Jamala. Abuse cases like this almost always involve abusers who were badly abused themselves. The temptation, of course, is to place blame on the abuser when, in fact, long term healing requires understanding and forgiveness. As easily seen by Jamala's experiences below, Jamala's father wasn't "bad." He was ill.
JAMALA CONTINUES: I remember my first memory of "life". I do not know if it was conception or birth, but I believe it was conception. I screamed in horror and did everything I could to get out of the body, to die. Anything but face this madman.
He abused me horribly from the first moment of my life. I had PTSD from my first moment of life. For all intents and purposes I was born in a concentration camp and raised on terror, hatred, beatings and starvation. Isolation was big, left for long periods of time alone in the dark, probably like the boxes my father was put in for punishment.
I never functioned normally in my life. I was a dead, limpless infant and could not eat, sleep or eliminate. I could not learn, could not color in kindergarten. I never laughed or smiled and had no idea how it felt to do so. I threw up most days and sobbed every day of my life as I woke from sleep from grief that I was alive again. I would beg and plead with God to end this now. By the time I was 11 years old I had severe panic attacks that lasted all night long. I would go in the bathroom and writhe in pain for hours and hours feeling like I was dying, like my heart was being crushed and I was being murdered. Then I would pass out on the cold floor from exhaustion.
I finally was given Valium, age 12, I often took almost 50 mgs a day because I was so locked up in terror and all manners of pain. I was a walking panic attack and I walked into walls from all the drugs.
I had migraines daily by age 12. I looked like Dracula's daughter my whole life. There is literally not one photo of me available. I destroyed them all because I looked so dead.
So, OK, I learned basic EFT some 10 years ago from a chiropractor, just the tapping on the side of the hand. I did this almost every day all those years, but for pain relief because I was in too much pain to be consistent with anything.
GC COMMENT: It is important to note that, at this point, the ONLY thing she learned was tapping on the Karate Chop point for physical pain. With persistence she was getting results despite her lack of training in the process. Tapping only on the Karate Chop point does not even qualify as beginner's status. It is pre-beginner's status.
Even though she had no money and no help, she still received benefits. With help or better training, of course, she could have experienced much quicker and deeper results.
JAMALA CONTINUES: Sometimes I had a miraculous relief, I would be doubled over and then suddenly OK. But the next pain was right behind it. I had no money so I had no one to help me or guide me through this. I was going through incest recovery and all that.
GC COMMENT: I spoke with Jamala by phone and learned that 3 months prior she downloaded our free EFT Manual and that allowed her to apply EFT much more efficiently. This is still a long way from the sophisticated refinements in our EFT training videos but it does qualify her as at least a beginner. Note: the EFT Manual has been updated and replaced on our website a The Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial
JAMALA CONTINUES: I really started to apply EFT this past year, and more specifically this past fall. I finally cleared myself enough to be able to get up every morning and do it like a program.
I would do some tapping first and then sit in a crossed legged position, close my eyes and start with whatever idea was in my mind that moment. I would tap that idea, say for example, "even though my stomach feels like I swallowed a bowling ball", "even though I want to die" ( that one was always loaded), "even though my head hurts", etc. Then I would allow my thoughts to flow and follow them, like a vipassana meditation. I EFT'd whatever next thought flowed. I would stop if needed to do.
GC COMMENT: This is a superb, creative use of EFT. It is a form of "chasing the pain" only it goes a step further. Instead of limiting it to physical pains as they shift around the body (typical of some EFT sessions), she also applied it to her thoughts.
JAMALA CONTINUES: The end result (three months I did this) is I rarely have a panic attack anymore. I occasionally get the beginning of a migraine but work it out pretty fast. I had huge tumors in my uterus and ovaries and was almost bleeding to death every month, so I targeted them specifically a month ago and they are all gone!!!
Our bodies and minds present many symptoms at a time, but there is always one core energy to it all. To try to EFT with each specific thing was driving me crazy. I could not keep doing it, there was too much. I eventually stopped being "specific" and started to get "core".
GC COMMENT: To me, the most efficient way to apply EFT to complicated issues is to break them down into the SPECIFIC EVENTS that underlie them. This is a highly effective way to go about this process. However, a newcomer such as Jamala who has no other guidance or outside help can, and did, find this to be difficult. It is easy to resolve one SPECIFIC EVENT and then shift to another painful issue quite quickly (see Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process) However, this can be disconcerting until one has more experience with the process.
In my phone conversation with Jamala, the "core" that she was talking about had to do with some spiritual understandings that come from A Course In Miracles .... forgiveness and Oneness being among them.
JAMALA CONTINUES: I unplugged that core and everything began to empty out. Like washing out a dirty garbage can. My body shifted into a cleansing mode. I had a stomach ache for 6 weeks during which I felt I was going to die, but stayed focused on this following the stomach ache, like a good craniosacral unwinding. Then it suddenly emptied out. The tumors, the angina pain and arrhythmia, the headaches, the panic attacks all sort of drained out.
I woke up one day and they were just gone.
I then found myself looking at my few relationships, all dysfunctional, and let them go. I spoke honestly to everyone I knew, which I was afraid to do before, I began eating only raw foods. I signed up for a class that was just for fun, the first in my life at the age of 48, threw out all my old clothes and got new ones (OK from the second hand store but new to me). Now I am looking at my work and affirming to earn a living doing what I enjoy and do well, and it will not be a rival for my spiritual life, which is what I live for.
EFT is a powerful tool for transformation. There are other things we must do along with it, following the healing process on every level as it presents itself, making the changes, but it is definitely a powerful primary tool. Everyone can be helped with it.
I was a trained holistic therapist so I know the levels of severity human beings can be damaged at. I was a worst case. I was the worst life case I ever saw and I had many a guru in my life whom I asked for help. I was considered incurable by every healing modality. And I was incurable, but I learned the curing and healing are different. There are a lot of people who may be considered incurable, but every one of them is capable of being healed. And I know because I should have died decades ago. I beat all the odds. So I know there is not anyone out there who cannot follow in my footsteps and do the same.
Blessings to you,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.