- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Lisa Rogers gives us another example of how she collapsed her own PTSD. This one is a bit graphic and not for the squeamish.
When I found the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) I had no idea then how much it would change my life. It seemed too good to be true. Nothing else had worked and since this was something I could do on my own, I decided to give it a try. What did I have to lose? I tapped every day. My ritual was that I would tap every time I went to the bathroom. It was private and I knew I’d be there a few times day!
Although there were many major issues I needed to address, I think it would be helpful to focus on one at a time. Having already addressed my child sexual abuse in a previous article, I would now like to focus on being a witness to a violent and tragic event that contributed to my PTSD and how I was able to collapse the emotional trauma I had felt over it for years. This story may be considered graphic to some.
I was 17 years old at the time of this event. I was sleeping in my room and awoke to my next- door neighbor’s daughter pounding on my door. She alerted me to her house where I found her father laying in the driveway. She was screaming, “mommy shot daddy”. There was no sign of his wife but it was clear that he had been shot several times. He had blood and matter coming out of his nose and mouth. He was still moving. I wasn’t sure if he was dead or alive. I was afraid to go to him because I was afraid of being shot too. I ran back inside my house and called the police. They came and it was bedlam. The ambulance came for the husband but it was too late. They called the S.W.A.T. team, like in the movies. There were television cameras everywhere.
I had the duty of calling their other 3 children and telling them their father was dead before they saw it on the news. When they asked how, I had to tell them that their mother killed their father. This was an overwhelming task for a 17 year old. After a 6-hour standoff, the S.W.A.T. team stormed the house and found the wife dead with a gunshot to the chest. Apparently she had shot herself right after him but no one heard the shot.
The reporters would not leave. By this time the couples’ devastated children gathered in my home, overcome with shock and grief. I did my best to console them but I was just a kid in shock myself. Everything was in slow motion. I watched the news, and none of the stations reported the facts correctly. It was if they were making it up as they went along and reporting it as truth. Even with everything else going on, I was terribly impacted by the realization that even the news couldn’t be trusted. That day whatever faith and trust I had left in the world was lost.
These people were Deacons in their church. He held an elected position for the township. They were the last people something like this would happen to. I had known then my entire childhood as the “nice parents”. My sister and I would go over on Sunday morning and they would make us pancakes and take us to church with them. I spent my childhood envying their seemingly normal family. Now that image was shattered and with it my image of marriage, family and security. I thought I would never feel safe again.
I suffered from feelings of guilt because somehow I thought I should have done more to save this man. The police told me that there was nothing I could have done but it didn’t stop me from feeling responsible. I had nightmares that would wake me in terror. These nightmares lasted years. I would dream that it was me that killed him and I was trying to bury the body.
I started tapping.
Even though they should have never died…
Even though I should have done more to save him…
Even though I still feel guilty…
Even though I thought they were the perfect family…
Even though I was too young to handle it…
Even though I keep having these nightmares…
Even though I’m still scared…
Even though I can’t believe she shot him…
Even though I’ll never be safe again…
Even though I can’t trust anyone…
Even though I can’t trust adults…
Even though someone I love could kill me…
Even though I imagine my family getting shot all the time…
Even though all the news reports were wrong and Ill never trust the news again…
Even though it was my fault…
Even though guns terrify me…
Even though I’m afraid someone is going to shoot me…
Even though my husband might kill me…
Even though I can still see the body…
Even though I can’t believe it happened…
I tapped daily and regularly on these statements and within a month of tapping I no longer had nightmares or flashbacks. I am now able to easily discuss the matter without the emotional pain I used to have.
I believe that the key to my success in applying EFT to this issue is persistence. I tapped every day. I used the 0-10 scale to measure my level of intensity. Like the trees in the forest metaphor, I would pick some of the less emotionally charged aspects of the issue to tap on and it would help reduce the whole issue. Then the “whoppers” would be more manageable.
I believe that applying the Emotional Freedom Techniques to this issue, along with other major issues had freed me from my PTSD. Although stressful events have occurred in the last 5 years, I have not had a single panic attack.
Lisa Rogers, EFT-CC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.