- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is sometimes surprisingly easy to handle with EFT. In many cases, one need only break it down into its underlying SPECIFIC EVENTS and then apply EFT to each of those bothersome memories. Typically, after a few of these memories have been neutralized, a "generalization effect" comes into play that serves to collapse the ones remaining.
Not every PTSD case responds in this text book fashion, of course, but many do. With the proper application of EFT, these formerly intense memories can evaporate in moments. One such example showed up in my kitchen yesterday.
"Donnie" is a local plumber whom I called to repair some faulty plumbing under my kitchen sink. He spent about 40 minutes making the repair and then, out of curiosity, asked me what I was doing on my computer. The conversation went like this....
Donnie: What keeps you so occupied on that computer?
Gary: Oh, I'm just working on my web site. I founded a procedure that helps people get over unwanted emotional issues.
Donnie: Such as....?
Gary: Well, just about anything...including grief, fear, depression and traumatized people like war veterans, rape victims and the like.
Donnie: You mean like PTSD?
[Note: In my experience, the only people familiar with that term are therapists and those who either have PTSD or know someone who does. Thus I suspicioned that I was talking to a PTSD sufferer.]
Gary: Yes. Do you have PTSD?
Donnie: Yes, my therapist diagnosed me as having it. I used to be a police officer and witnessed more than my share of disasters. I've worked on it a lot with my therapist over the last 10 years and I've pretty much taken care of it.
[Note: I never believe new clients when they say this. I honor that they think they have "taken care it" but I have yet to see a PTSD case addressed by conventional techniques (like talk therapy) that does anything more than help the client "sweep it under the rug" so that it is out of sight. However, out of sight doesn't mean gone. The issue is still there and will remain until it is properly resolved.]
Gary: [as a test] What was your worst memory?
Donnie: [with obvious teary emotion] Sorry, this is embarrassing. I'm too emotional to tell you.
Gary: OK, sorry for the question. Let me offer you a brief experience with this new process. It might help and I don't even have to know what happened.
Donnie: [gratefully] Sure.
[At this point I gave him a 2 minute run down of the theory behind the process and described it as an "emotional version of acupuncture, except that we tap certain release points with our fingertips rather than use needles."]
Gary: [using the Movie Technique] If that worst memory was a movie how long would it last?
Donnie: About 20 minutes.
Gary: Was there more than one crescendo or peak moment within that 20 minutes?
Donnie: There were 5 or 6.
Gary: OK. Just isolate the worse crescendo of those 5 or 6 and tell me how long that movie lasts
[Note: I am purposely forcing him to pick one very specific crescendo. Otherwise he may shift from crescendo to crescendo (aspect to aspect) within our session].
Donnie: About 30 seconds.
Gary: And what would be a title for that movie?
Donnie: [with emotion] Abuse.
Gary: [Note: I sensed this was a very tense memory and electing to use the Tearless Trauma Technique] To make this as painless as possible, just guess for me what you think the intensity would be, on a 0-10 scale, if you were to vividly imagine it.
Gary: OK, just follow along with me and tap in the same places on your body that I tap on mine. Repeat my words too, whether or not you believe them. [Note: From here I just did straight EFT on that memory--"Even though I have this abuse memory...."]
Gary: [after 2 minutes of EFT] Now guess at what you think the 0-10 intensity would be if you were to vividly imagine it.
Donnie: 1 or 2....or maybe 0.
Gary: Alright. Now close your eyes and vividly imagine that 30 second movie and tell me what intensity you get to.
Donnie: I think it is a zero. I really can't tell for sure because the movie is breaking up. I can't seem to focus on it. [Note: This is a classic response when a memory has been successfully neutralized with EFT]
Gary: Is that unusual for you?
Donnie: Very unusual.
Gary: Now run the entire 20 minute movie and see what 0-10 intensity is there for the other crescendos. If you get intense along the way, please stop.
Donnie: That's strange. They are all breaking up except for one and that one is maybe a 4. I just can't seem to find the movie except for this one piece.
Final note: Success. In this case we selected the most intense of his crescendos and, once neutralized, it generalized over the rest (except for one). This is a text book case where collapsing one table leg under the client's emotional table serves to wobble and essentially collapse the whole structure. We spent one more round of EFT on that remaining crescendo and it, too, went by the wayside. Total time taken was less than 10 minutes, including the up front explanation.
There are more difficult PTSD cases, of course, but why get too advanced when a simple approach may do the job?
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.