- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Sometimes EFT works so efficiently that even "impossible" symptoms fade quickly. Such was the case with Ingrid Dinter's Vietnam Vet. In the middle of her article she says, "It got even nicer the next day: Joe had fallen asleep on the couch and, after transitioning to his bed, he expected to lay awake for hours. Instead he just turned over and woke up at 7:00 am. No night cramps, no sweating from nightmares, just quiet, restful sleep. His energy was now up from a 3 to an 8, and when I called him the next morning, he had already returned from running some errands, which he usually doesn't start before 1:30 pm. So this was a great start."
I would like to share the story of Joe, a Vietnam Veteran with PTSD for the Newsletter.
Joe is a 62 year old US Marine who connected with me through the EFT forums for Trauma/PTSD.
When Joe asked his counselor at the VA how long it would take before his treatment at the VA would bring noticeable improvements, he received the vague response that "it will take as long as you want it to take", and whether he gets better would be "up to him". Joe felt angry and let down that there was no advice on how he could move forward, even though he was ready. He felt that talking about the past didn't help but only brought back bad memories and emotions with no solution.
Fortunately, Joe had always been a survivor, and the military had trained him to never give up, but to target and resolve problems as they occur. So he reached out to EFT.
Like many Veterans, Joe did not want to address specific traumatic events from his time in Vietnam, and I honored that. But he was interested in improving his sleep pattern, which he described as very random and exhausting: It took him hours to fall asleep, he woke up at all sorts of times during the night, often at 2:30 am, the time when he used to go on watch, and he was always fatigued. Naturally, his focus was off, he couldn't finish projects around the house, and his martial arts training, which he performed as best as he could, was frustrating, since he could not memorize most of his routines.
I offered Joe 4 free EFT sessions over the phone and asked him to fill out an informed consent form and keep a daily sleep log, which he did. When we began our work together, Joe was skeptical and full of physical pain, and his energy level was very low. So we tapped:
Even though my energy level is low…
Even though my energy level is low, I allow myself to safely raise my energy to a level that feels natural and comfortable now.
Even though my energy level is low, I choose to release anything that could stop me from raising it to where I want it to be.
His energy went from 3 to 5, and he reported that he was sitting straight now. But now, something was going on in the back of his head. So we tapped:
Even though I have something going on in my neck…
Even though all this is a pain in my neck…
The tension went away, and so did the neck pain. As EFT’ers, we are used to those quick results, but for him, this was very exciting. "It is working!" He called through the phone "I can't believe it is truly working! Nothing ever did! Maybe - there is hope."
It was touching to hear that, and I decided to move along this physical path with him. He had multiple leg cramps at night, which woke him up. So we tapped:
Even though I don't feel safe during the night, and my legs remind me that I shouldn't be sleeping.
Then we worked on the aches in his body, which he rated at a 5 on a scale of 0 to 10, and they disappeared, too. Next, we targeted his hip socket and muscle, where he believed to have bursitis and his VA doctors have not been able to help him. He was in a lot of pain. When the pain went away his voice flipped over with happiness, "This is magic!" he exclaimed "EFT is working!"
With rapport established in such a great way, Joe now was willing to target his focus. He was angry that he was wasting so much time not being able to memorize his martial arts routines, and felt very frustrated. We tapped:
Even though I am frustrated that I cannot remember my routines…
A fear of going to school (he was trying to get into the teacher training program) came up for him, so we tapped that and several other aspects away, too. He relaxed, and we closed our session.
That first evening, after Joe returned from his Karate training, I received an excited email:
His trainer had immediately noticed a change in him. His words to Joe were "Something's happening here. I don't know what it is, but I like it." Joe was very proud. Then he not only relearned a routine, but he was able to memorize it at home without any problems!
But he also noticed emotional change:"I experienced happiness during the day which was quite unusual and very nice." In the past, feelings of sadness quickly turned into anger or anxiety, and he had to leave the room to get some fresh air before he could calm himself down again. Now, when he felt sadness and negative emotions coming up that were causing him to want to cry, he noticed that his way of dealing with them had changed: "I accepted those emotions and relaxed about them. Those emotions subsided and went away." A huge improvement for him!
It got even nicer the next day: Joe had fallen asleep on the couch and, after transitioning to his bed, he expected to lay awake for hours. Instead he just turned over and woke up at 7:00 am. No night cramps, no sweating from nightmares, just quiet, restful sleep. His energy was now up from a 3 to an 8, and when I called him the next morning, he had already returned from running some errands, which he usually doesn't start before 1:30 pm. So this was a great start.
Joe and I worked for another three hours on a number of other issues which he found troubling, but the only traumatic event we touched was 9/11, which had caused his PTSD symptoms to flare up and leave his life in pieces.
We also worked on his tinnitus, which reacted beautifully to EFT, improved greatly, disappeared for stretches of time, but at some point came back in different pitches, so this needs to be explored more. After the second EFT session, he reported:
"My martial arts training is going very well now. I surprised myself with what I can remember. Even techniques that I was taught a long time ago. (Long term memory)! I took my grand kids to their class, and I taught today. Something I had not done in a long time. I really enjoyed it." (Social discomfort)
Four days later, he wrote: "My sleep and my focus have increased very much. Today, I spent the majority of the day working on a project that I have been working on for a year. I almost completed it today." (Before, he couldn't concentrate for more than 5-10 minutes on any project!) "And my sleep is still at around 7 to 8 hours a night.
He continued, "My focus has been the most surprising since we started tapping. Now I'm getting to the point where I can translate (my martial arts routines) from memorizing the techniques to executing them. Something I had not been able to do before."
Three weeks later he emailed: "Well, I have been sleeping very well. No waking up during the middle of the night. I have been so busy during the last week that I can't keep up. Not only did I finish the project that I delayed for 7 or 8 months, but started others, and I'm in the middle of those. My focus has increased and has affected other areas. My short term memory has increased by leaps and bounds. I can remember my Martial Arts Techniques very well. I told you I went from 10 to 15 routines, I'm now up to 22 and some of those are very complicated. I went back to the instructor training class. Excited about that."
And finally three months after we finished our work together: "I am doing more things outside the home. And, more social things outside the home. I have become more involved with the grand kids. I take two of my granddaughters to dance and karate. I volunteered to dance the father/grandfather dance and the teacher asked if I would participate in one of the scenes as a figure that is one of the dancer's father. Well, surprise for me, I volunteered. This is something that I don't normally do."
Now, nine months later, Joe still sleeps restfully through the night with no signs of nightmares. He has been accepted into the martial arts teacher program, and his withdrawn lifestyle has improved. He is aware that there is more cleaning up to do with regards to his war experiences, and when he is ready, he will proceed with EFT.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.